Nerf to CGC snare

cashogy

Why BiowarEA? Why would you NERF one of the few utility abilities that Merc has. Because youre trying to nerf Powertech? Im not even going to touch that, b/c long story short I dont think Powertech needs to be nerfed.

But I, along with a lot of other people, have literally handed you ideas to balance Merc/Commando. And not stupid, "give me god mode plox" ideas. Good ones, that were actually needed to bring Merc/Commando up to par with other ranged DPS. Ideas that would provide Merc/Commando with the necessary group utility tools to make it an effective member of a PvP team. Ideas that BiowarEA fails to even begin to comprehend.

Instead of listening, or even engaging in some form of discussion, BiowarEA has forced more mind-bottling changes down our throats. I honestly feel like the development path is chosen by a group of monkeys throwing darts at a whiteboard of ideas (none of which are worth the marker they were written with).

This change makes absolutely ZERO sense when you look at the effectiveness of Merc/Commando in PvP. Fix this. Now. SWTOR is hemorrhaging subscriptions and money, and continuing the merry-go-round of nerfs is not the way to reverse that trend.

I realize this is a massive rant, but I have just had enough of Bioware saying one thing, and doing another. You cannot balance anything by continually nerfing different variables. By nerfing the slow on CGC, youve just increased the effectiveness of all melee classes against Merc/Commando. Meaning you have only exacerbated the current balance issues that currently exist in PvP. GG BiowarEA

They don't get it. Despite 99.9% of top PvP players acknowledging that Merc dps are the worst subclass in the game, BW still thinks Merc dps are overpowered. Their in game stat collection data tells them this. So they nerf the subclass. Which causes more Merc dps to exit the game. And those that do are of course the less successful ones. Which leaves the best Merc dps still playing the game. Which leads to ever higher meta average productivity for the subclass. Which leads to more nerfs. Ad infinitum. Tust me, in 1.5 Merc dps will get nerfed once again. For these very same reasons.

merc's just got the bad end of the stick in this update. you know they're just trying to balance the powertech, and since those two ACs have a shared tree, it's rough on both(even though it's rougher on one)

dont pretend like this is the last class balance changes you'll ever see. give it a while and eventually you'll see merc's back on top. it's the circle of life, the cycle of the nerfs

A little harsh there. I was referring to the pyrotechs 3 point talent to make flame burst snare every time it's used while we have no equivalent talent for powershot even though they're both designed to proc railshot off cooldown except flame burst is instant while power shot is channeled 2-1.5 secs.

It was harsh, but if your gonna mislead then brush it off after you've been called on it, I think harsh is appropriate. Honestly, proccing the reset and triggering the dot, puts too much emphasis on one attack, i'd like not to see merc's changed in order spam powershot, or pyrotechs as is spamming flame, and it be so rewarding.

Edited by DakoHawk

Wow...you need to calm down, seriously. So what if you believe what he said was a lie. That's no way to treat somebody, even if it is on the internet. I'm sure there were way more tactful ways to "call somebody out" then how you handled it. It's a game, people are upset about some of the changes. Let's take a chill and keep things, cool, eh? We are all fellow PvPers here who all participate on the forums. We can call each other out without being nasty. :)

Wow...you need to calm down, seriously. So what if you believe what he said was a lie. That's no way to treat somebody, even if it is on the internet. I'm sure there were way more tactful ways to "call somebody out" then how you handled it. It's a game, people are upset about some of the changes. Let's take a chill and keep things, cool, eh? We are all fellow PvPers here who all participate on the forums. We can call each other out without being nasty. :)

I was pretty benign when I called him out, when he brushed it off is when i got harsh, even then, calling someone a liar is pretty light stuff.

Edited by DakoHawk

They don't get it. Despite 99.9% of top PvP players acknowledging that Merc dps are the worst subclass in the game, BW still thinks Merc dps are overpowered. Their in game stat collection data tells them this. So they nerf the subclass. Which causes more Merc dps to exit the game. And those that do are of course the less successful ones. Which leaves the best Merc dps still playing the game. Which leads to ever higher meta average productivity for the subclass. Which leads to more nerfs. Ad infinitum. Tust me, in 1.5 Merc dps will get nerfed once again. For these very same reasons.

I would love for you to show some proof of this meta average "theory". I think it's a bunch of hogwash. Good and bad players leave when a class sucks, not just the bad. Hell, I can give a pretty good argument on why more good players leave and bad players stay than vice versa. So I don't believe for one second your silly meta average argument, you're just pulling it out of your rear.

merc's just got the bad end of the stick in this update. you know they're just trying to balance the powertech, and since those two ACs have a shared tree, it's rough on both(even though it's rougher on one)

dont pretend like this is the last class balance changes you'll ever see. give it a while and eventually you'll see merc's back on top. it's the circle of life, the cycle of the nerfs

Who wants to get face-rolled for another six months to a year until BW figures it out? I don't want to pay for this experience. OP is right, the whole community knows this, what is the problem? Why should Merc Pyro continue to get nerfs because they are related to PT Pyro?

I have a guildmate that uses a merc pyro and using a mix of mostly BH and some WH, he consistenly puts up 300k + damage, often times topping the chart. I played a commando for a while too, and while I wasn't at all bad, I was nowhere near his level. I used to think they were underpowered severely, but now I think it really is an issue of L2P (myself included). It's just probably one of the more difficult classes to play.

I have a guildmate that uses a merc pyro and using a mix of mostly BH and some WH, he consistenly puts up 300k + damage, often times topping the chart. I played a commando for a while too, and while I wasn't at all bad, I was nowhere near his level. I used to think they were underpowered severely, but now I think it really is an issue of L2P (myself included). It's just probably one of the more difficult classes to play.

its not a l2p issue. if you assume the same player skill level, any other DPS spec in the game has more utility than Merc/Commando. 1 of our DPS specs is incredibly limited as far as movement is concerned, but there is no positive effect to balance this massive trade-off. the other DPS spec is a 2nd class citizen compared to its PT cousin.

if anyone cares to, my post history has some pretty good ideas on how to bring Merc/Commando on par with other DPS specs. ive just gotten tired of waiting for biowarEA to make some intelligent game decisions, and they continue to disappoint. some of you suggest to wait for balance to work itself out, or better yet to wait for my turn on top of the nerf-go-round. LOL. pvp in this game WAS balanced, and all bioware has done is cater to the cry-baby bads that seem to make up the majority of this games population. that is the source of imbalance, and until bioware starts making smart decisions, rather than popular ones, this game will continue to lose subs.

Much like the stockstrike knockback changed to root nerf, this nerf isn't so much cause for concern because of the actual impact the nerf itself will have on our performance (the RNG nature of the root always made it a mediocre kiting tool at best). What IS cause for concern is what it says about the mentality of BW regarding our class. They're letting us know exactly what they think of us, and that isn't much.

I'll admit, 1.3 gave me a lot of hope since it undid a lot of harm that had been caused by the 1.2 series of nerfs on the PVE side of the game. But that was also when I started PVPing and their continued silence on the multiple threads on these forums about the issues DPS Mercs/Commandos have to deal with in PVP, combined with the changes they've put in here just make me give up hope that they'll ever really try to fix the class.

It's over, I'm done. I stuck with my Commando through thick and thin, didn't even have the pleasure to play them when they were considered overpowered, I hit 50 shortly after 1.2 hit and completely butchered and neutered the class but this is it. I am finished with my Commando and possibly this game, Bioware has made it abundantly clear they have a grossly skewed perception of balance or at the very least an unjustified hubris and or hatred towards Mercenaries/Commandos.

Week after week the sensible, coherent, thoroughly researched and established suggestions and cries of the class are ignored. I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's not a L2P issue, fellow competent Commando/Mercenary players I know face the same wall, although extremely skilled and well geared when faced with an equally skilled and geared opponent of almost any other class, the Commando/Mercenary will fall short. Although we have managed to excel and propel this class beyond it's limits we cannot deny that we were MUCH more effective, versatile and happy after we re-rolled. Re-rolling IS NOT nor should EVER be a viable option nor solution for competitive balance. My friends and I have decided to quit this game if balance is not properly addressed after 1.4, unfortunately for us we paid the 6 month sub which now also happens to be Bioware's deadline to prove they are capable of sensible thought and coherent PvP balance.

Edited by LeonHawkeye