First Bad Experience With Flashpoints

the hms now are nothing more than a race to the end with some of the dumbest means to skip mobs. i have seen people waste time for a group member to run back after a fall death which then afterwards only to kill the same single mob they were trying to skip. i have seen others jumping over three tents in which if one person missed one then you have one or two groups to kill. if the same people went to the left there is only one strong or regular to kill if you didn't avoid it. people have become totally stupid in this mob skipping mini game.

QFT.

I would guess about 70% of group wipes I've experienced have been because of the trash-skipping game. It most commonly happens when one person accidentally steps a pixel out of line, pulls a mob and the team gets slaughtered because they're all spread out and not prepared for combat. Or when you try and carefully bisect two mobs and end up pulling them both. So much time is wasted on these I'm all the time typing "let's just kill them" in the chat window. It's particularly prevalent in more open-world FPs like Taral V.

In Ilum there's always one person who dies in the exhaustion zone while skipping mobs. I've also seen teams that wiped repeatedly trying to skip mobs they'd have been quicker just fighting.

The worst FP for mob skipping though is Directive 7. Multiple skippable bits that involve climbing, jumping and Mario-esque acrobatics, with detection and death as the price of failure. I routinely type after the first fight, "Please don't skip over the tent roofs" which always gets one snarky demand of why not, to which I always reply "Because I'm partially blind tyvm." Physical disability is generally an unanswerable trump card, but the odd team has ignored me and done so anyway, in which case I wait patiently and unmovingly by the first tent until they come back for me. I get away with this because I'm the healer.

While doing my daily for the regular FP, I got in with two very good groups. The second one was especially satisfying because three of us had never done the FP before (The Battle of Ilium). One member of our group had, and said that he normally runs the HM FP for it. So I'm assuming he was there just to do his daily as well.

Anyways, he was very good and explained the mechanics of it. He even asked if we were wanting to do the Bonus and was willing to go through and show us where to go to complete it. We only wiped once, and I think that's just because we dropped into an area and aggro'd two mobs at once.

So I just wanted to say a special thanks to "Vinh" on The Harbinger. I believe his guild was something like <ShadowOps>. Thank you for making the run very enjoyable and restoring my faith that there are some good people playing this game. :)

I don't think it can be overstated that while speed runs are quite prevalent, treating group mates poorly is not. The crew that i normally group with does a lot of mob skipping, but if we pug a dps because we are short, we will defer to the pug. Plus, we don't really need the gear, so the pug gets first shot at the gear most of the time.

If you are having trouble finding non dbs to group with on Shadowlands, feel free to whisper Jozey or Zantil. Im always looking for stuff to do, and cool people to group with.

I believe they should change some flashpoints so people can't just skip all the trash all the way to the end boss.

Taral V is a joke I find, people skip nearly everything and if you pull then some idiots start screaming in chat about it. All BW need to do is put some adds on the speeder routes so people will play the things properly.

I believe they should change some flashpoints so people can't just skip all the trash all the way to the end boss.

Taral V is a joke I find, people skip nearly everything and if you pull then some idiots start screaming in chat about it. All BW need to do is put some adds on the speeder routes so people will play the things properly.

This would be a great idea, IMO. I think handling mobs also helps the group understand each player's ability to not only play their role, but also their class. And it offers everyone the opportunity to provide feedback/constructive criticism. I don't take offense when someone tells me something like that I need to leverage more CC when facing a mob.

Not normal and quite frankly many people would come back to lead the guy through if he didn't know what he was doing. Just a douchebag group. Were they all from the same guild? I could be a group of self-righteous ******es, plenty of those.

This^^^

They should of slowed up so, you could follow their path and skip the mobs. When I was a fresh lvl 50 my 2nd HM FP was the Battle of ilum. I thought I was following the team (it looked that way on the map) but I kept hitting mobs and getting killed while they were flying through no problem. I was called a Noob and kicked from the FP. I requed for the battle of ilum again and explained what happen on my last match. They proceeded to explain that most people skip all the beginning mobs by driving their speeders right on the edge of the "exhaustion zone" and showed me the proper path. They also slowed their pace so I could keep up.

Sometime you get stuck with ********* and sometimes you get qued with helpful good people. it's a crap-shoot.

I suspect the way to do that is make bonus missions actually count - nobody cares about legacy experience once they reach 50, and many don't care about the piddling amount of experience you get before 50. Maybe you only get half the comms if you don't do the bonuses, or maybe you get extra comms if you do.

(We've wandered a bit off-topic here, so apologies to the op!)

Edited by SleepyKing