Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Contraband Slot Machine

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

snuff_daddy
01.16.2015 , 10:21 AM | #31
So basically you don't mind players exploiting the game and breaking the economy as long as they are buying Cartel Market packs?

Djiini
01.16.2015 , 10:23 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by snuff_daddy View Post
So basically you don't mind players exploiting the game and breaking the economy as long as they are buying Cartel Market packs?
Um, they just said it's NOT AN EXPLOIT though?

We gonna start calling them liars now?

captpickles
01.16.2015 , 10:28 AM | #33
not a exploit

captpickles
01.16.2015 , 10:33 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Mariojediwookie View Post
Cool, thanks for the response. It's nice to see that the drop rate for the purple mats will be adjusted. They don't need to be removed but a drop rate consistent on what you get from running hour long gathering missions is needed. I guess that means the drop rate for the rep items is exactly what they wanted, that's pretty cool. Here is to hoping you add more slot machines for the other rep items from other packs as well.

Now I can prepare myself for a weekend of spamming my slot machine non-stop
They have not agreed to reduce anything yet

TheSeventhJedi
01.16.2015 , 10:37 AM | #35
A yellow post! Now we can go back to shaming the real exploiters!
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

Mariojediwookie
01.16.2015 , 10:38 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by captpickles View Post
They have not agreed to reduce anything yet
Well when he said they are going to look at the drop rate and adjust them accordingly, I assume that means they will be reduced and not increased. It appears for the weekend at least we are good to go but the drop rate is going to come down. At least he said drop rate and not complete removal.

znihilist
01.16.2015 , 10:39 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We know that there have been many questions about the Contraband Slot Machine and its intent. Here are a few notes on it:
  • The Contraband Slot Machine is not bugged.
  • It is 100% not an exploit to use the Slot Machine.
  • If you feel the desire to sell access to your Stronghold, thatís totally up to you. As a reminder, do not scam people as that is against ToS.
  • We added the Slot Machine as a fun idea based on the positive feedback from the Nightlife event, so spend those credits to your heartís content!
With that being said, we do hear the concern from many of you around the effects of the Jawa Junkís drop rate on the economy. We are going to take a look at it and make changes accordingly. I will let you know once I know more. In the meantime, have fun!

-eric
eric, are there any plans to introduce new slot machines based on the other cartel reputations ?

Mariojediwookie
01.16.2015 , 10:40 AM | #38
Obviously this was intended, he said so in his post. Breaking the economy is questionable. IF you said breaking gathering missions, that I completely agree with.

And yes, they want you to buy the packs.......they probably snorted when reading that.

ptwonline
01.16.2015 , 10:41 AM | #39
Please please please: adjust the drop rates (less purple, more green). DO NOT INCREASE THE JAWA JUNK VENDOR PRICES (at least not without warning us first!)

I have a lot of Jawa Junk (from pre-slots) that i have not converted because I do not know what I will need down the line. It would be pretty infuriating to find that overnight it was reduced to, say, half it's conversion power because you chose one method to correct the slots over a diferent method.

kharathos
01.16.2015 , 10:41 AM | #40
So let me get this straight.

Bioware is going to nerf the intended drop rates on the slot machines because a vocal MINORITY are crying about how they cannot make as much money now that people who have the machines have become self sustained in obtaining mats without the need to pay the bull$hit prices many of these people put mats up for or if they so choose, can undercut and threaten their death grip on mat selling via the gtn with the most hyper overreaction ever seen regarding the swtor economy saying the slot machines are breaking it??

REALLY???

Bioware/Eric, what about the rest of us? What about those of us who use the machines for our own use or our own guild and quietly build up resources for it?

I wonder if these same QQ'ers complaining about the slot machines ever complain about the behavior of big businesses or EA themselves. Funny how when it is their in game earning potential being threatened, now they want things their way and have their market be protected just like the big businesses in the real world smashing any small threatening competitor.

Taste the irony.........