Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Contraband Slot Machine

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

krisknife
01.22.2015 , 07:36 AM | #1021
the slots needed love on the JJ payouts but what we got was a slagged item, that doesn't do squat. MANY people bought hypercrates we can't even make peace with the other items (to sell make money back) as the market is currently saturated with them no one want's them outside the Voss mount , so the only things in these packs that had value where the machines, I see why so many are demanding refunds or un-subbing. It definitely leaves a foul taste in my mouth, and it will definitely affect future purchases from me, as a heavy spender I can't bring myself to keep doing so knowing this is how BW rolls. A bait and switch sale, is lowest of the lows and I will not be caught like this again, fool me once......yada yada

The walker mount is even more proof they could care less, it's clearly rushed , poorly thought out and a poor attempt at making right a WAY wrong move on BW's part. A rancor mount or another equally rare, or color crystals, their is lots of stuff they could have done for the money WE ALREADY SPENT

LordArtemis
01.22.2015 , 07:39 AM | #1022
Quote: Originally Posted by krisknife View Post
the slots needed love on the JJ payouts but what we got was a slagged item, that doesn't do squat. MANY people bought hypercrates we can't even make peace with the other items (to sell make money back) as the market is currently saturated with them no one want's them outside the Voss mount , so the only things in these packs that had value where the machines, I see why so many are demanding refunds or un-subbing. It definitely leaves a foul taste in my mouth, and it will definitely affect future purchases from me, as a heavy spender I can't bring myself to keep doing so knowing this is how BW rolls. A bait and switch sale, is lowest of the lows and I will not be caught like this again, fool me once......yada yada
I really don't feel like this was a bait and switch...I think that is going a bit too far, indicating that this was somehow on purpose (if that is what you mean).

I think it was more likely this was one bad decision followed by a worse decision to fix it.

kharathos
01.22.2015 , 07:41 AM | #1023
Quote: Originally Posted by tdmaha View Post
Hey kharThos asked you to stop with this. I will tell you again I WILL POST YOUR POST LATER! Now go copy/paste something else thst has to do with the topic.
And when you do, hopefully you will make a special thread for the two of you cause no doubt you will post something, Artemis will dispute it and you will return serve and so on and so on that I think EASILY the two of you could alone have a thread where only you two post in it and it will have more pages then any other thread here!!

So it was a day or two after the slots came out when Eric posted his now infamous post/lies (Depending where you sit on it). So when will we hear from Eric or Tait or any other Bioware clown about the nerf?

krisknife
01.22.2015 , 07:43 AM | #1024
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I really don't feel like this was a bait and switch...I think that is going a bit too far, indicating that this was somehow on purpose (if that is what you mean).

I think it was more likely this was one bad decision followed by a worse decision to fix it.
I would like to hope not as well, but the way they are handling it, and no comments after the rage in the forums after all the QQ tells me this is all going as planned. If I knew for sure it was bait and switch I wouldn't be here posting as I would already be unsubbed. Let's see how BW fixes this again. SO not accusing BW of anything, but the current batch of "evidence" is not in their favor. lol

tdmaha
01.22.2015 , 07:47 AM | #1025
Quote: Originally Posted by krisknife View Post
I would like to hope not as well, but the way they are handling it, and no comments after the rage in the forums after all the QQ tells me this is all going as planned. If I knew for sure it was bait and switch I wouldn't be here posting as I would already be unsubbed. Let's see how BW fixes this again. SO not accusing BW of anything, but the current batch of "evidence" is not in their favor. lol
That bull this would never have been switched if people didn't QQ last week. There are consequences for actions people take and now some are QQ about the consequences of their original QQing and the rest are QQing because well they have nothing better to do but jump on the hater train.

LordArtemis
01.22.2015 , 07:59 AM | #1026
Quote: Originally Posted by tdmaha View Post
That bull this would never have been switched if people didn't QQ last week. There are consequences for actions people take and now some are QQ about the consequences of their original QQing and the rest are QQing because well they have nothing better to do but jump on the hater train.
I don't agree. Though I believe that the feedback from last week certainly alerted them to the issue, I think it is more likely the devs simply looked at the drop rate, decided it was bad and changed it.

I think they should have actually payed attention to the community. Many folks had reasonable suggestions to alter the drop rates to something more reasonable without nerfing it to death. They most definitely did not follow player advice IMO.

EnkiduNineEight
01.22.2015 , 07:59 AM | #1027
Quote: Originally Posted by Bachannal View Post
Nowhere close. Less than half of that in terms of mat drops from the machine pre-nerf.
Incorrect.

I submitted as bug reports multiple reports of just what I earned from 198 tokens purchased.

The Odds were also datamined, just as the current odds were data mined.

No one stating that it was easy to get 11-12 purples in 10 minutes is lying. They are not exaggerating, they are not misrepresenting the truth of the prior slot machine odds.

Those were simply in line with the odds that had been datamined.

If you disagree, and you had your own results that did not match, welcome to a RNG. But given a sufficiently large sample size (which BioWare has) the data being provided matches the percentages data mined as the payout tables of the slot machine.

Disagree all you want, scream and yell and stomp your feet and refuse to pay for a sub, do whatever you want. But calling people, for all intents, liars, when their data matches all known data on the subject and yours does not... is really only pointing out one person as being unreasonable and stretching the truth.

Go find a 'Heat-Wave' post on this subject. Now click on her name, go to all her posts and start reading through them.

You'll find one where she admits her guild has over 10,000 jawa junk in its bank from the slots. That she has over 3,000 jawa junk in her own banks from the slots. She is also someone who, like you, thinks the slots were 'fine'.

Now, just for fun, start queing up companion gathering missions and you come back and tel us when you have gathered 3,000 purple mats.

We'll be waiting.

tdmaha
01.22.2015 , 08:02 AM | #1028
Quote: Originally Posted by LordArtemis View Post
I don't agree. Though I believe that the feedback from last week certainly alerted them to the issue, I think it is more likely the devs simply looked at the drop rate, decided it was bad and changed it.

I think they should have actually payed attention to the community. Many folks had reasonable suggestions to alter the drop rates to something more reasonable without nerfing it to death. They most definitely did not follow player advice IMO.
So you believe if nobody said a work last week we would be having this discussion this week?

kharathos
01.22.2015 , 08:05 AM | #1029
Quote: Originally Posted by EnkiduNineEight View Post
Now, just for fun, start queuing up companion gathering missions and you come back and tell us when you have gathered 3,000 purple mats.

We'll be waiting.
Lol this game will be dead and buried by the time that ever happens!! :P

krisknife
01.22.2015 , 08:06 AM | #1030
Quote: Originally Posted by EnkiduNineEight View Post
Incorrect.

I submitted as bug reports multiple reports of just what I earned from 198 tokens purchased.

The Odds were also datamined, just as the current odds were data mined.

No one stating that it was easy to get 11-12 purples in 10 minutes is lying. They are not exaggerating, they are not misrepresenting the truth of the prior slot machine odds.

Those were simply in line with the odds that had been datamined.

If you disagree, and you had your own results that did not match, welcome to a RNG. But given a sufficiently large sample size (which BioWare has) the data being provided matches the percentages data mined as the payout tables of the slot machine.

Disagree all you want, scream and yell and stomp your feet and refuse to pay for a sub, do whatever you want. But calling people, for all intents, liars, when their data matches all known data on the subject and yours does not... is really only pointing out one person as being unreasonable and stretching the truth.

Go find a 'Heat-Wave' post on this subject. Now click on her name, go to all her posts and start reading through them.

You'll find one where she admits her guild has over 10,000 jawa junk in its bank from the slots. That she has over 3,000 jawa junk in her own banks from the slots. She is also someone who, like you, thinks the slots were 'fine'.

Now, just for fun, start queing up companion gathering missions and you come back and tel us when you have gathered 3,000 purple mats.

We'll be waiting.
Jawa junk needed a nerf, no one is really arguing that. They didn't just nerf it tho and that is where the problem lies, the machine is useless now, test one and see for yourself. BW has left quite a few people feeling very ripped off and those people should feel that way rightfully so, it was a botched attempt at a fix, can't see how anyone can defend that, but hey.....