Bio Fix The Balance issue

Jenon

No I'm not talking about class balance...for the most part thats ok. Gear balance however is another issue entirely. Games are supposed to be fun right? Least I thought it was supposed to be. Its not fun though in the PvP environment. Peolpe in lowbie PvP gear going against people in Hero and elite hero...NOT FUN!

Now people are gonna say...well yea..but its easy to grind and get your stuff upgraded ( well it for sure is a grind, but sure as hell NOT easy!). It might be a little better than before to gear up...but it still takes a good while to get to the good stuff.

It's a tedious grind when your going out and getting a mudhole stomped in your head. It would be nice for people leveling thier gear up to have bracket with other players in comparable equipment. That way its fun for everyone...not just for the people shredding every1 else. Yes in some case's it might be about skill and knowing your role; but most of the time its just about the guy who has the huge gear advantage. Make a level 50 bracket for people trying to better stuff, and make a bracket where 50's who have for the most part attained thier stuff...to go up against others of comparable equipment.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So you think getting WH is difficult? You should have been here 6 months ago when you might only get 1-3 warzones a day and it would take you weeks to get one piece of gear. You can do this grind in weeks when prior to the change would take months. I suppose you would like them to just hand out fully optimized gear when you hit 50?

No I'm not talking about class balance...for the most part thats ok. Gear balance however is another issue entirely. Games are supposed to be fun right? Least I thought it was supposed to be. Its not fun though in the PvP environment. Peolpe in lowbie PvP gear going against people in Hero and elite hero...NOT FUN!

Now people are gonna say...well yea..but its easy to grind and get your stuff upgraded ( well it for sure is a grind, but sure as hell NOT easy!). It might be a little better than before to gear up...but it still takes a good while to get to the good stuff.

It's a tedious grind when your going out and getting a mudhole stomped in your head. It would be nice for people leveling thier gear up to have bracket with other players in comparable equipment. That way its fun for everyone...not just for the people shredding every1 else. Yes in some case's it might be about skill and knowing your role; but most of the time its just about the guy who has the huge gear advantage. Make a level 50 bracket for people trying to better stuff, and make a bracket where 50's who have for the most part attained thier stuff...to go up against others of comparable equipment.

Gear would much of an issue if classes were actually balanced. While you can't achieve 100% balance, it's some glaring issues right now on how the Devs approach it..

So you think getting WH is difficult? You should have been here 6 months ago when you might only get 1-3 warzones a day and it would take you weeks to get one piece of gear. You can do this grind in weeks when prior to the change would take months. I suppose you would like them to just hand out fully optimized gear when you hit 50?

And I suppose there has to be an idiot like you...who knows nothing abouth me, but opens his Big !@#$%* anyway and spews crap everywhere. It's ok...I think we can clean up troll dung easy enough in here.

Gear would much of an issue if classes were actually balanced. While you can't achieve 100% balance, it's some glaring issues right now on how the Devs approach it..

There are some class issues...but there is an OBVIOUS difference when fighting against a team who is superiorly equipped. Playing a comparabley geared team can be fun, and bit of a challenge, but with an outcome where either side can win or lose!

It is frustrating, but you are going at it with the wrong mindset. Enjoy the ride. If your supreme goal is to get the best gear out there then it's going to suck for you. If your supreme goal is to get better, which will result in more fun, then you'll enjoy it more.

The game is played differently as a new player. You can't barge in a group of Imps and expect to live for more than a few seconds. Find what your best advantage is and do it.If you are a melee class let a better geared ally start a fight then I'll make my move. If you are a caster be fully aware of your positioning and LoS.

Sometimes it sucks and we need to move on. Sometimes it's great and that's why we keep queueing.

And I suppose there has to be an idiot like you...who knows nothing abouth me, but opens his Big !@#$%* anyway and spews crap everywhere. It's ok...I think we can clean up troll dung easy enough in here.

So stop being a little *****, roll some alts and wait for a better matchmaking system if you cannot handle what is going on in warzones.

What's with all you people that start PvPing at 50? Did you not bank any comms at all?

Go ahead click on my Shadows name in my sig. That was the gear he was wearing in his first WZ at 50. So please tell me again how hard the gear grind is.

For those of you that can't click on it with my banked comms (was about 500 short of having my regular comms maxed, maxed RWZ comms) I bought 6 pieces of WH gear. Six pieces the very first day. Plus 2 pieces of BM gear I sent over from my Commando the rest is recruit. 1246 expertise.

haha. honestly is there a game out there that is balanced? People who put time and effort in deserve to stomp your face. Like another poster said how come you hit 50 without coms maxed? Fix the dumb/bad/ignorant people is more like it. Why don't you go play Monopoly because it's balanced oh wait if someone gets doubles and lands on boardwalk before you, you're prob going to cry.

It is frustrating, but you are going at it with the wrong mindset. Enjoy the ride. If your supreme goal is to get the best gear out there then it's going to suck for you. If your supreme goal is to get better, which will result in more fun, then you'll enjoy it more.

The game is played differently as a new player. You can't barge in a group of Imps and expect to live for more than a few seconds. Find what your best advantage is and do it.If you are a melee class let a better geared ally start a fight then I'll make my move. If you are a caster be fully aware of your positioning and LoS.

Sometimes it sucks and we need to move on. Sometimes it's great and that's why we keep queueing.

I love your outlook on the situation. It is possible to have that kind of attitude sometimes,however maintaining that perspective is what becomes the the real problem. You go in with a positve tude...but 6 games later after facing the same or similarly geared groups with the mudstomping thing; tends to fog over those positive thoughts with morbid rapidity.

There are some class issues...but there is an OBVIOUS difference when fighting against a team who is superiorly equipped. Playing a comparabley geared team can be fun, and bit of a challenge, but with an outcome where either side can win or lose!

While I'll agree the entry set is unoptimal, I will not agree that gear is the culpit of your angst. Besides the obvious fact that gear is EZ mode now, as a recuit, a 5% damage advantage on a Sage, is a lot different than a 5% damage advantage on Smash spec Mara.

Trust me, gear(whether acquisition or advantage given) isn't the issue why you feel the way you do... It's class balance...

What's with all you people that start PvPing at 50? Did you not bank any comms at all?

Go ahead click on my Shadows name in my sig. That was the gear he was wearing in his first WZ at 50. So please tell me again how hard the gear grind is.

For those of you that can't click on it with my banked comms (was about 500 short of having my regular comms maxed, maxed RWZ comms) I bought 6 pieces of WH gear. Six pieces the very first day. Plus 2 pieces of BM gear I sent over from my Commando the rest is recruit. 1246 expertise.

That only works if you're getting to 50 right as they release a new gear tier and let you bank comms. If you already have a 50, or are getting another 50, most people don't want to do the gear grind again.

Besides, pre-50 PVP is considered crap by most lvl 50 PVPers anyway.

While I'll agree the entry set is unoptimal, I will not agree that gear is the culpit of your angst. Besides the obvious fact that gear is EZ mode now, as a recuit, a 5% damage advantage on a Sage, is a lot different than a 5% damage advantage on Smash spec Mara.

Trust me, gear(whether acquisition or advantage given) isn't the issue why you feel the way you do... It's class balance...

I disagree completely. The things the OP is complaining about are common indicators of a severe PEBKAC problem. It's always something. Gear... Class balance... Map exploits... Hacks. Never themselves or their skill(or lack thereof). I find these types of threads hilarious because it is only true if you are bad and solo queue. Just last night, I was browsing over other players gear before a huttball and much to my dismay, about 1/2 the team had 15kish HP and were outfitted in mostly recruit gear. I was weary at first, but by games end, that weariness had faded. 2 of those players were extremely competent and played a key role in our 6-0 win. Neither were healers, and one was an extremely undergeared jugg who ended up scoring 2 of the 6 goals, and did so rather effortlessly too.

Tl;Dr stop blaming everything but yourself. Get better. Read up on your class. Spend a few minutes on YouTube watching the "1337" player videos and learn something. Find a PvP guild to your liking and run premades of your own. If you refuse to do these things, you can only blame yourself for not winning and having success.

The problem is we live in a world of now. Most people want things done immediately and can not wait. The OP is one of those people. He doesn't want to grind because it is tedious. Basically I read I am too lazy to grind so give me the gear for free. I coach after working full time everyday and parents of the kids I coach are just like the OP. They want there kids to play without earning it. Everyone needs to work for what they want. People are going to say this is a game and not RL and should be fun. But in any rpg it is tedious to level and why should this game be any different. If you want it you will do what you have to do to get it. It will be much more rewarding be patient and grind like everyone else did.

That only works if you're getting to 50 right as they release a new gear tier and let you bank comms. If you already have a 50, or are getting another 50, most people don't want to do the gear grind again.

Still not a viable excuse. With legacy gearing, you can gear an alt with equal ease and all but completely avoid the initial gear grind at 50. People just need to research how to do it instead of whining on the forums.

Love it. Most people should have somewhat of an idea on what to expect when hitting 50, most people know that you can get somewhat of a head start by saving comms during 10-49 yet people still rather not do the grind again so complain when they have full recruit vs someone who knows whats going on and has put in a little time to get some gear.

The only reason one should not be able to get at least one piece of WH is they don't care and then they should not be complaining about anything because its their own fault. If you do not want to do the gear grind then don't, just don't make threads based off the fact that you don't care to put in time into what some consider one of the easiest gear grinds ever.

Side note. I hate 10-49 and the only reason I do it is so I am maxed comms and am ready for when I hit 50 whenever that will be.

Wow, you're complaining about gear balance, something you can actually affect in a few games, while saying that the class balance is ok? Are we playing the same game? Would be interesting to hear what class you are playing. Try one of the two AC'es that don't improve regardless of how much expertise you have and then come back and tell me that class balance is ok.

This is what happens when you start making things easier than how it was. You get the videogame welfare players. These are the players who don't put in the time to obtain their gear. All they will do is complain, because they think they are entitled to it. Well, you aren't. Suck it up, do some warzones, you should have three-four pieces if you pvp'd 1-49.

Here is what you do, you grind. You obtain virtual currency in the form of warzone comms, when you hit 50, you purchase wh pvp gear. This puts you in an increased likelihood of succeeding at pvp and thus somewhat easier to win warzones and obtain more pvp gear.

Kinda like real life. you work hard, you study hard, you don't spend all your money, and you become responsible.

STOP PLAYER WELFARE!

Try one of the two AC'es that don't improve regardless of how much expertise you have and then come back and tell me that class balance is ok.

Or better yet, the OP should also take note of when he experiences such "train wrecks" and document what classes his opponents/teammates are.

The result might put "gear imbalance" in stunlock....

I disagree completely. The things the OP is complaining about are common indicators of a severe PEBKAC problem. It's always something. Gear... Class balance... Map exploits... Hacks. Never themselves or their skill(or lack thereof). I find these types of threads hilarious because it is only true if you are bad and solo queue. Just last night, I was browsing over other players gear before a huttball and much to my dismay, about 1/2 the team had 15kish HP and were outfitted in mostly recruit gear. I was weary at first, but by games end, that weariness had faded. 2 of those players were extremely competent and played a key role in our 6-0 win. Neither were healers, and one was an extremely undergeared jugg who ended up scoring 2 of the 6 goals, and did so rather effortlessly too.

Tl;Dr stop blaming everything but yourself. Get better. Read up on your class. Spend a few minutes on YouTube watching the "1337" player videos and learn something. Find a PvP guild to your liking and run premades of your own. If you refuse to do these things, you can only blame yourself for not winning and having success.

Sure I'll agree with you in the fact that some people whine about class balance because they don't understand the game, but for those of us who do, and who have played most, if not all the classes, we have every right to call out class balance, there are some glaring issues that need to be addressed, plain and simple. I won't get into any specifics because that really doesn't belong in this thread, but calling every single person who points out class imbalances as a bad player who needs to "L2P" is just plain ignorant.

Sure I'll agree with you in the fact that some people whine about class balance because they don't understand the game, but for those of us who do, and who have played most, if not all the classes, we have every right to call out class balance, there are some glaring issues that need to be addressed, plain and simple. I won't get into any specifics because that really doesn't belong in this thread, but calling every single person who points out class imbalances as a bad player who needs to "L2P" is just plain ignorant.

Well, I don't think it was directed at myself... I think he disagree with my assertion that class imbalance has skewed his thoughts on gear and the OP is just using gear to disguise that he is a QQwelfarebabynoobface...:D