Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

"Bounty hunters getting a nerf"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
"Bounty hunters getting a nerf"

BendakStarkiller's Avatar


BendakStarkiller
03.05.2012 , 01:43 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by GeoLager View Post
Nerfs are used for balancing.


Tracer missile spam is going to get nerfed.

Anyone with an inkling of sense will tell you that tracer missile is broken.
You obviously didn't see the sarcastic undertone with that comment, nor have you done any endgame pvp.

No merc on my server even comes close to the amount of dps and spike damage my pyro does.

I average 500k per match, crit for 5k as a PT pyro.
Fresh peaches and slants of sunlight are commonly seen during times of flow.Flowing can occur in the bathtub and in the shower, and itís no mistake that water FLOWS. JOIN SARK today. Do it. (OCTWO DETWO)

Mannic's Avatar


Mannic
03.05.2012 , 01:45 PM | #22
Probably a PT nerf. It's stupid that our best DPS AC (for PvP) isn't in Merc, but rather the tank-oriented AC which also better mitigation and better utility. We can't ***** about Sorcs and Sages being "too good" and not admit that PT's in Pyro spec also have a little too much going for them compared to classes that have actual weaknesses.

grandmthethird's Avatar


grandmthethird
03.05.2012 , 01:48 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by GeoLager View Post
Nerfs are used for balancing.


Tracer missile spam is going to get nerfed.

Anyone with an inkling of sense will tell you that tracer missile is broken.
if its just tracer's then cool.

"i feel a massive disturbance in the force. its like all bounty hunters everywhere just keeled over, and died."

ok maybe not quite that bad but, hmmm
"Hope has a vicious enemy called fate"

BendakStarkiller's Avatar


BendakStarkiller
03.05.2012 , 01:50 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Mannic View Post
Probably a PT nerf. It's stupid that our best DPS AC isn't in Merc, but rather the tank-oriented AC which also better mitigation and better utility. We can't ***** about Sorcs and Sages being "too good" and not admit that PT's in Pyro spec also have a little too much going for them compared to classes that have actual weaknesses.
PT pyros are squishy as all hell.

No weaknesses? lol

If we had no weaknesses we would be able to facestop marauders and sins.
Fresh peaches and slants of sunlight are commonly seen during times of flow.Flowing can occur in the bathtub and in the shower, and itís no mistake that water FLOWS. JOIN SARK today. Do it. (OCTWO DETWO)

Mannic's Avatar


Mannic
03.05.2012 , 01:53 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by BendakStarkiller View Post
PT pyros are squishy as all hell.

No weaknesses? lol

If we had no weaknesses we would be able to facestop marauders and sins.
If they try to balance PvP around 1v1, the game is going to implode.

PT Pyro's are better in 1v1 than Mercs, by far. You have grapple, interrupt, carbonize... while Merc has what? Knockback? And you're not as squishy as Mercs, yet do more damage, have better mitigation, and more utility.

GeoLager's Avatar


GeoLager
03.05.2012 , 01:55 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by BendakStarkiller View Post
You obviously didn't see the sarcastic undertone with that comment, nor have you done any endgame pvp.

No merc on my server even comes close to the amount of dps and spike damage my pyro does.

I average 500k per match, crit for 5k.
Anybody who has a clue purges burning debuffs off of them.

Posting anecdotal wz stats is worthless.

Mannic's Avatar


Mannic
03.05.2012 , 01:59 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by GeoLager View Post
Anybody who has a clue purges burning debuffs off of them.

Posting anecdotal wz stats is worthless.
Pyro spec is such that it's much, MUCH easier to re-apply burning than it is to continually purge it.

GeoLager's Avatar


GeoLager
03.05.2012 , 02:08 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Mannic View Post
Pyro spec is such that it's much, MUCH easier to re-apply burning than it is to continually purge it.
A toxic scan/cure removes 2 debuffs.

PT's are so easy to counter its ridiculous, which is why half the time they run around with their shield up like a chicken with their head cut off because purging their debuffs, takes their damage from 60 to 0 4 seconds at a time.

BendakStarkiller's Avatar


BendakStarkiller
03.05.2012 , 02:09 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Mannic View Post
If they try to balance PvP around 1v1, the game is going to implode.

PT Pyro's are better in 1v1 than Mercs, by far. You have grapple, interrupt, carbonize... while Merc has what? Knockback? And you're not as squishy as Mercs, yet do more damage, have better mitigation, and more utility.
Because being squishy obviously has nothing to do with group pvp.

A good PT is more squishy than a merc, unless the merc is full arsen, then its about the same.

My burns are instantly reapplied every 3 seconds, have fun spamming cleanse.
Fresh peaches and slants of sunlight are commonly seen during times of flow.Flowing can occur in the bathtub and in the shower, and itís no mistake that water FLOWS. JOIN SARK today. Do it. (OCTWO DETWO)

Hyfy's Avatar


Hyfy
03.05.2012 , 02:11 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Mannic View Post
Probably a PT nerf. It's stupid that our best DPS AC (for PvP) isn't in Merc, but rather the tank-oriented AC which also better mitigation and better utility. We can't ***** about Sorcs and Sages being "too good" and not admit that PT's in Pyro spec also have a little too much going for them compared to classes that have actual weaknesses.
Oh you mean weaknesses like shields blocking next to none of the damage types pre slant in PvP? As just an example there. The only thing tank specc's have going for them in that respect is the jet charge and guard. Everything else is just fluff in comparison to the other Hunter specc's.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid