Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

<<<NERF>>> Who's next?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
<<<NERF>>> Who's next?

Kelticfury
02.04.2012 , 08:13 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by xcomax View Post
I have a level 50 Operative, and can't even play it anymore because it's embarrassing now opening up on a sorc/sage only to have them wtfpwn my face 3-4 seconds later.
Learn to adapt, like the ops/scounds that can still kill my sorc in almost every damn fight. this sounds completely false to me, because what I have seen in game is exactly the opposite. I guess because you actually have to worry about them fighting back after they get up, its just too much. pffft.

Renamesk
02.04.2012 , 08:33 PM | #22
Here's the deal, sins are getting buffed in the next patch as are maras just for the record. Although, they're buffing the only already playable mara tree which is weird if u ask me.

I have believed jugs shoulda been nerfed from the beginning. I crunched the numbers during the beta and figured out the 9k aoe, which is why i didnt role a jug, b/c I expected a nerf.

Ops can still out-heal (no personal stories please, ran numbers vs activation times) other classes.

As for the nerf to knockdown and dps, an operative, if fully geared, could take down any other fully geared person in 6 seconds before. They could take down and ungeared squish 50 in 3. Seen it happen, I have.

Sorcs are prolly safe unless they nerf the hybrid CL and DF build which is the major sorc dps build.

I would expect a merc nerf much later in the game after everyone has gotten situated with the game. As has been stated, it is a beginner class with pretty much a faceroll skill, and quite frankly that's what noobs need. My fully geared PT or Mara with full champ gear that is can take out any merc easy. Anyway, thats just my take, don't hate.

InjusticePotato
02.04.2012 , 08:41 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Traumahawk View Post
Play a merchant. Those idiots make a killing off of repairing my armor.
If they are making a killing off you then are they really idiots?
I am Waffle Iron from the guild <Omicron Persei Eight>!

Renamesk
02.04.2012 , 09:00 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by InjusticePotato View Post
If they are making a killing off you then are they really idiots?
/sarcasm

Quixor
02.04.2012 , 09:02 PM | #25
Quote:
Ops can still out-heal (no personal stories please, ran numbers vs activation times) other classes.
Just had to laugh at this one.

Triik
02.04.2012 , 09:23 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Quixor View Post
Just had to laugh at this one.

Hes not wrong, if you allowed to just stand there and spam on 1 target for 10 straight minutes, operatives/scoundrels will no doubt win, just because pugnacity -> underworld medicine -> emergency (and op equivalants) is practically spammable.

But honestly in what situation can you stand still spamming a 2 second cast spell?

It's especially annoying in pvp since anyone skilled enough to press the interrupt button kills you (particularly those 6 sec riot strike/quell vanguard/pts).

You main 2 sec cast heal gets interrupted. only thing left that you can cast is HoTs (or kolto pack if you upper hand/ta). Which then pretty much turns into RNG mode where you are just praying that you get UH/TA procs from HoTs (which at best is once per 6 seconds).

For the longest time I endured it because I wasn't 31 yet and didn't have the below 30% emergency medpack spam talent. But turns out that it was pretty worthless given how little emergency medpack actually heals for, doing an average of 1100 per cast (probably get a little better with gear), its not going to save anyone from any reasonably geared dps.

Top that off with no reliable way of escaping and your vanish pretty much makes you useless for 10 seconds (no healing received or done for 10 seconds).

Normally I am fine, if healing is like this for everyone I'll take it, but its clearly not. I am now playing a healing sage which frankly makes me wonder how on earth sages/sorcs aren't nerfed at ALL. Multiple healing spells available incase one gets interrupted. 4K absorb shields. and that freaking crazy aoe ground heal. 30s Force speed by the way is the craziest escape mechanism you can give to a healer

The idea behind sage/sorcs unsustainable healing might work in pve, but seriously in pvp its just not viable limit mechanism. I don't recall the a time where a fight lasted long enough for me to drain my entire force pool without downtime.

(All experience comes from 1-49 bracket, but I would assume healing wouldn't change much in the 50s bracket).

I really HATE playing my sage (the story and voice acting AND companions) so I just went back to my scoundrel but going scrapper instead (props to fem smuggler voice actor and whoever wrote her lines).

Killabee
02.04.2012 , 09:42 PM | #27
Nerf everyone that posted to start nerfing classes please.

Then tell them to learn to play their class like everyone that says Scoundrels are fine now learn to play.
Scoundrel - A sneaky annoying character, sorta like a mosquito they do not really hurt you but can make you itch and are hard to kill when they run off, as long as their CDs are up.

wrmrstacrdwower
02.04.2012 , 10:14 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by lilpete View Post
So I was thinking on rolling a sage or sorc for my main class since Scoundrel is completely useless. However, I'm thinking by the time I get to 50 and start enjoying it, it'll also get nerfed. What are your thoughts, and what class would you make to assure it's safety from the nerf comets?
Well since Bioware devs are too retarded to understand basic mechancis and design with class's and how they designed them I would feel pretty safe in saying that every class will get nerfs regardless.

Not because they actually need them like the ranged class's do but because Bioware devs are too *********** stupid as to be able to understand simple game mechanics such as Knockbacks should not be given to every single ranged class along with a stun, immobilize effect and sprints, or in the case of the ranged tanks and heals mitigation.

So .... if I had to say a class it would be Assassin or Shadows. Only because of stealth and the fact that you can stutter run through your opponents halfway.

Binafus
02.05.2012 , 01:31 AM | #29
Sages / Sorcs get ready

cefan_essaomofo
02.05.2012 , 01:48 AM | #30
Assassin/shadow. Why? Because everyone QQ's about the stealth classes. Thats how every MMO is.

No one wants to be on the receiving end of something they cant do anything about.