Isn't enough?

Torcatoth

Assassins have been hit with a nerf that makes them ALMOST comparable to the mercs in the early times of this game.

As you can see we are almost unable to do ranked warzones:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=661768&page=8

And in pve we suck as tank or dps. Go to the 2.0 DPS leaderbords and see for yourselves.

It's ridiculous none of this wrongs have been corrected. And i refuse to belive every sin that posts on this forum dosen't know the class. And the ones that say I can do NIM ops and ranked pvp are most likely carried on by the rest of the party on the op, or node guarders in pvp.

Everyone cried to nerf assassin but this is damn too much.

Assassins have been hit with a nerf that makes them ALMOST comparable to the mercs in the early times of this game.

"Early game" has "Ranked" ? I thought that "Ranked was there only for 55 now ?

Besides, you miss one imho very important point : Concealment.

Mercenaries don't have it, as far as I know.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=661768&page=8

And in pve we suck as tank or dps. Go to the 2.0 DPS leaderbords and see for yourselves.

It's ridiculous none of this wrongs have been corrected. And i refuse to belive every sin that posts on this forum dosen't know the class. And the ones that say I can do NIM ops and ranked pvp are most likely carried on by the rest of the party on the op, or node guarders in pvp.

Everyone cried to nerf assassin but this is damn too much.

The sad truth is that since they are blowing people up in regs due to the stupid talent design that makes them OP under certain circumstances (that are common in regs) they are probably going to get nerfed further.

For PVE, the class is a crap. Spiky paper tank, TERRIBLE dps in both trees.

For PVP, ok for tank because of the tools to help the team. AWESOME burst damage on Deception/Infiltration, terrible sustain to keep high damage like the other classes.

Assassin/Shadow needs a buff for PVE tank and PVE dps.

For PVE, the class is a crap. Spiky paper tank, TERRIBLE dps in both trees.

For PVP, ok for tank because of the tools to help the team. AWESOME burst damage on Deception/Infiltration, terrible sustain to keep high damage like the other classes.

Assassin/Shadow needs a buff for PVE tank and PVE dps.

For "not ranked" PVP.

For ranked, their AWESOME burst damage gets totally countered and once they run out of steam (seconds) they are so useless very few teams even allow a non tank spec sin / shadow in their teams at all.

But yes, they will NOT get buffed because against HORRIBLES in regular WZs they look absolutely overpowered.

What is really mind bottling is that madness got nerfed in 2.0 with the removal of maul and shock from its rotation. Its now a very boring, very lackluster spec that is one of the worst specs in the game (which is crazy because it was never 'good' to begin with).

Yes because in ranked people are smart enough to pop cloakers out of stealth more often and mitigate burst when it happens.

Compare this to normal WZs where people stand there staring at the screen while you jam a saber into them for 5k+ a swing during the initial CC.

Give Sins more burst or survivability and they'll be gods outside of ranked.

What is really mind bottling is that madness got nerfed in 2.0 with the removal of maul and shock from its rotation. Its now a very boring, very lackluster spec that is one of the worst specs in the game (which is crazy because it was never 'good' to begin with).
sounds like they just want to u guard nodes or struggle with deception only , reminds me of when ppl 1st started qq about smashers and what was BW`s response? they decided to nerf Annihilation/watchman though no1 ever complained about it or was expecting it gj pushing more players into the smashalot rollercoster tree but i guess we can`t all have 3 viable specs like snipers

Look what pekenpaugh did to the assassin class. It went from being an "ok" class to utter trash on the 2.0 PTS. After a huge outcry he altered it somewhat. Madness is still utter trash. Deception is now a stunlocking scrub class. It is absurdly overpowered in pugs but mediocre in ranked due to the limited combat entry and exits. The tank tree I actually do like. I just wish there was "less" self healing and more raw tankiness.

But yes, they will NOT get buffed because against HORRIBLES in regular WZs they look absolutely overpowered.

LOL. This is so true.

Playing a Shadow in Ranked sux ballz. All you do is node guard most of the time, the most boring PvP activity in any game, anywhere. Thank god for Huttball.

Edited by DarthOvertone

LOL. This is so true.

Playing a Shadow in Ranked sux ballz. All you do is node guard most of the time, the most boring PvP activity in any game, anywhere. Thank god for Huttball.

Yeah this is one of the reasons I quit doing ranked on my sin. I guard often in regs when I shouldn't have to and if I want to do ranked I have to guard.

Got high hopes for when I get my sorc to 55.

LOL. This is so true.

Try playing concealment OP in ranked .. You cant. Not sure what you're complaining about.

well...assassins presented a bit of a problem. ppl were kind of abusing the madness tree as a kind of grab bag for hybridization. instant whirlwind being the most obvious symptom. I think there was an instant crushing darkness or something too? so that partially explains how deception got buffed and madness nerfed. but as many have pointed out, they really gutted madness and there just isn't enough utility in deception to compensate for its weak sustained dmg.

iunno. stealth classes are VERY delicate. you risk a LOT of backlash if they get over buffed, but it's a very narrow window between "will always own you out of stealth" to "wet noodle after opening roto"

well...assassins presented a bit of a problem. ppl were kind of abusing the madness tree as a kind of grab bag for hybridization. instant whirlwind being the most obvious symptom. I think there was an instant crushing darkness or something too? so that partially explains how deception got buffed and madness nerfed. but as many have pointed out, they really gutted madness and there just isn't enough utility in deception to compensate for its weak sustained dmg.

iunno. stealth classes are VERY delicate. you risk a LOT of backlash if they get over buffed, but it's a very narrow window between "will always own you out of stealth" to "wet noodle after opening roto"

Well they wanted to kill hybrids and they effectively killed the most popular build which brought tons of utility while keeping good damage and tankness. Way back when you did not need lightning charge to get the free crushing darkness but that was fixed a while ago.

But madness sucks plain and simple. It would be a unanimous choice for worst spec if not for it having an execute and stealth.

Hate to break it to you, but in the early days mercs WERE OP. Tracer missile stacks stacked with other mercs. And merc healers couldn't be killed.

You're probably referring to 1.2 and onwards. When mercs were absolutely garbage....