Commando/Mercenary needs major defensive nerfs and all knows it

Duco

Yes i cannot wait i want to remind you:

Lastly, you might also wonder why there are not more changes to utilities and survivability for damage dealers in 5.3, and that is a fair question. We are first focusing on the damage and healing output for all Classes before getting too carried away with utility changes. This is because opinions about where a given Discipline stands among the pack can be clouded by high or low damage or healing output without anyone even realizing it. That is not to say we won’t tweak a utility here or there, but before we go making massive changes to a class’s utility toolkit, we want to make sure the damage or healing they can put out is on target and relatively similar to other Disciplines in their grouping. Once we are happy with the damage output, we can start adjusting utilities to give those that need it a boost and others that are too powerful a reduction.

You guys have too much stuff like way more than others and it's quite frankly unfair.

You can go on you and just whail away use good rotation, use your defensive cd's well and still if you use yours even half decent you will barely be taking damage for long enough to make others have to flee because they run out of cooldowns to deal with you and all the while you are just doing massive damage yourself.

I'll give an example of how you just have more than others.

Assassin for example got their utility changed that, i think before it gave assassins 30% damage reduction when stunned, and they took the 30% aoe damage reduction from one specc and merged the two into one utility that now if you are tank specc reduces 30% damage when stunned or dps specc 30% aoe reduction. Meanwhile you have a talent that gives both 30% aoe and 30% while stunned reduction. And they didn't even have to nerf a specc to give you this more powerful version.

This is an example of how lame overpowered your utilities are, the 70% heal one its max retarded too. Take a look at your utility lists and it's many there with too big advantages that have been nerfed for other classes when they had so much power. You are having way too much overpowered **** compared to others, best tanking for ranged burst class etc things don't add up.

And I for one cannot wait till you get butchered. "Butchered", pff, it will just be made to be as powerful as others and not get too many unfair advantages.

Oh yes it will be good.

Edited by Duco

They did nerf the DCD, like ... last week.

Kolto heals up to 60% instead of 70%. Trauma regulator heals your of 40% health max, instead of 75% (iirc).

So yeah, mercs got the nerf.

It's still at a good place tho, but it's definetly killable if you're not derp (clue: Aoe is your friend when shield & reflect).

Kolto heals up to 60% instead of 70%. Trauma regulator heals your of 40% health max, instead of 75% (iirc).

It's still at a good place tho, but it's definetly killable if you're not derp (clue: Aoe is your friend when shield & reflect).

The issue is they have too many good DCDs. It's been like this since 5.0, three dcd's in conjunction with the 2 stack tech resistance spaced out makes them still really hard to take down. In regs, the 40% heal may be a nerf if no healer is around to heal them, otherwise literally nothing has changed. Mercs still need to take about 380k+ damage before your finally in there "killzone" which is completely absurd for a range dps class. BW in true fashion, nerfed the wrong spots and the changes have done nothing (for ranked atleast, they are slightly weaker in regs).

Edited by DenariusJay

The issue is they have too many good DCDs. It's been like this since 5.0, three dcd's in conjunction with the 2 stack tech resistance spaced out makes them still really hard to take down. In regs, the 40% heal may be a nerf if no healer is around to heal them, otherwise literally nothing has changed. Mercs still need to take about 380k+ damage before your finally in there "killzone" which is completely absurd for a range dps class. BW in true fashion, nerfed the wrong spots and the changes have done nothing (for ranked atleast, they are slightly weaker in regs).

going by that logic mara/snipers have op dcds as well, this class was a joke in the past, easily interrupt able and killed.

lacked the utility of other rdps classes, now they are able to out last them while still having less utility.

only thing i'll admit is broken with mercs/commandos is blazing bolt/boltstream hitting much harder then it should be for, but thats a bug.

"Mercenary

Trauma Regulators now heals for 4% per stack instead of 5% and stacks 10 times instead of 15

The heal from Kolto Overload given by Kolto Surge can only heal the Mercenary up to 60% of their maximum health instead of 70%

Trauma Regulators is a now a Heroic utility and Kolto Surge is now a Legendary utility"

It's a technical nerf. Their superiority [as well as Snipers] is unaffected in the practical sense. They still have spam able self heals that they can use to heal themselves to full when they have their reflect's up even if no one s attacking them at the time to avoid healing them. So whether or not an enemy hit's them while the reflect is on, they're still healing to full. Recommendations not to attack them while the reflect is up is nothing more than a smokescreen to make it seem like it's an enemies fault if they heal and to deflect from the OP state of mercs. Even if they do not spam their self heals it doesn't change the fact that it gives them 6 seconds to light your *** up free and clear in any situation where breaking LOS is not a reasonable or possible option which is more often than not the case. Given that they can spec into multiple slows, it is almost assured that they can keep many enemies from having any chance of breaking LOS and resolve is not effected in the slightest by slows. You can technically be slowed indefinitely. No DPS spec should heal potentials anywhere near that especially when there are some DPS specs with very small heals and in one case no baseline heals at all and do not have the advantage is range which is a much bigger advantage in PVP than it may represent in PVE.

Regarding "AOEs being your friends", most AOEs require resources and unless I'm mistaken in most cases resources are gained by attacking. So using Marauders or Juggs as an example, unless they are attacking they cannot gain resources to use said AOES if they cannot attack the merc. Another smoke screen recommended strategy that isn't often plausible.

Add to that they are effected by the set bonus bug and are doing ridiculous amounts of DPS again too boot, they are as bad as they were day one of 5.0. That slight nerf to their already over tuned heals is compensated by the increased DPS they have gained by said bug since 5.6. Compared to what certain other specs got changed in 5.6, the Merc and Sniper nerfs they received are a slap on the wrist. While I'd put Sniper above Merc as the Alpha class, "OP" still applies to Merc.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Regarding "AOEs being your friends", most AOEs require resources and unless I'm mistaken in most cases resources are gained by attacking. So using Marauders or Juggs as an example, unless they are attacking they cannot gain resources to use said AOES if they cannot attack the merc. Another smoke screen recommended strategy that isn't often plausible.

Not sure if you're serious our just trying to troll with that one. I've been playing my jugg a lot in pvp lately, and this is exactly what I do, and I've killed countless mercs/mandos that were hoping their reflect or energy shield would save their butt. Vengeful slam + sweeping slash (also dots keep ticking). And if he keeps attacking, it's free energy (if you don't have enrage up).

The only problem with the dcd in pvp might be the kolto overload to 60%, as you can't do anything about it except to wait until it's over. Make it 35% like the PTs, and the reflect + trauma regulators are fine, cause you can actually do something while they're up.

Or they could listen to you guys, and nerf the class to the ground, and render it useless in pvp like it was in 4.0.

sooo true, the last nerf change nothing ..see often mercs / commandos wich stay alone against 4 others longer then any tank !! as dd !!

in 4 vs 4 without healer the last class wich is alive is merc / com !!

and exactly because of this class disbalance and no changes over years the next 4 players i know , quit the game after 5.6.

BW will not see this disbalance ... dont know the reason !? But everyone see this and know this.

5.6 is an *** kick for the other classes again, so dont wonder that more and more players stop ! :mad:

Not sure if you're serious our just trying to troll with that one. I've been playing my jugg a lot in pvp lately, and this is exactly what I do, and I've killed countless mercs/mandos that were hoping their reflect or energy shield would save their butt. Vengeful slam + sweeping slash (also dots keep ticking). And if he keeps attacking, it's free energy (if you don't have enrage up).

The only problem with the dcd in pvp might be the kolto overload to 60%, as you can't do anything about it except to wait until it's over. Make it 35% like the PTs, and the reflect + trauma regulators are fine, cause you can actually do something while they're up.

Or they could listen to you guys, and nerf the class to the ground, and render it useless in pvp like it was in 4.0.

What I said was if you don't have the resources to use your AOE the only way to get resources is to hit the merc which defeat's the purpose of the tactic. Besides, a couple of sweeping slashes aren't going to do much damage. If you are a spec like Fury who's Beserk gives them resources, than yeah, that's more viable, but if the only way you have to build resources is by attacking and you don't have any or much resources at the time, your sht out of luck. Not every spec has dot's btw, mine doesn't.

You are trying to keep Merc's OP it seems.

I just got out of WZ where three people were attacking the same Merc who didn't have his reflect shield up. It was right out of the gate so I had bloodthirst going and I used a Ferocity window on him with three attacks, the first attack did 28k, the second did 30k and the 3rd did 32k, in three seconds and that's not counting how ever much damage the other people were doing which I can't say obviously. He was stunned for a few seconds of that as well, all three were him for I'd estimate a good 10-12 seconds. Not only did he not die, when all was said and done, he still had half his health which leaped up to full health about three seconds after that.

Merc's are one of the few classes that actually deserves to get nerfed. What they got was a slap on the wrist.

There are good and bad players of every class and spec in the game. I've globaled mercs and snipers at times, but the only mercs and snipers that happens with, are the ones that either don't know what they are doing, are new, or didn't use their DCDs.

Those mercs you killed using the attack pattern you stated, they were bad mercs who didn't know what they were doing. A merc who knows what they are doing and uses their DCDs correctly, is not dieing from what you were using.

Merc's are one of the few classes that actually deserves to get nerfed. What they got was a slap on the wrist.

There are good and bad players of every class and spec in the game. I've globaled mercs and snipers at times, but the only mercs and snipers that happens with, are the ones that either don't know what they are doing, are new, or didn't use their DCDs.

While I happen to agree by and large, I will that if they give mercs the defensive nerfs to the extent we're requesting they really should give them some of their damage back. As it stands right now, with proper interrupting, mercs really aren't terrible to shut down offensively. It's their sheer survivability that makes them troublesome.

Edited by KendraP

The exaggeration on this issue is getting silly.

I've been a Merc main since day 1 of beta thru the good and the bad. When i complained about my class weaknesses pre 5.0 I was told "You're a %@$", "Mercs are fine", "you suck", "L2P" I literally got hate mail on a daily basis, still do in fact. Well, you know what, maybe its time to take your own advise a little.

Yes, they are perhaps a little over tuned even still, BUT, all i see is 90%+ of players still firing into the obviously glowing giant bubbles instead of doing literally anything else, that's not a Merc problem, that's a player problem. By now this should not be happening still.

No, you don't give us 8 seconds of free casting but that's not your only option either you know. I'm sorry that you might have to use your cooldowns too to counter this but you cant have it both ways. My god something that makes people think and everyone loses their minds.

When everyone learns to play the mechanics ill start to feel bad, maybe, until then all i hear is the echo in my ears of all the nasty whispers i got when i tried to fight for my class.

While I happen to agree by and large, I will that if they give mercs the defensive nerfs to the extent we're requesting they really should give them some of their damage back. As it stands right now, with proper interrupting, mercs really aren't terrible to shut down offensively. It's their sheer survivability that makes them troublesome.

Personally, I don't think they ever should have nerfed their damage to begin with, them or anyone elses. Damage was never an issue for PVPers. That just came up along with everything else they decided to tear to shreds in the process, save for mercs and snipers of course heh. I agree with you totally, their problem lies only in their sheer survivability. [save for the present Set bonus bug that is augmenting Arsenal's damage right now since 5.6]

I'm not even in favor of putting them back to 4.0 defenses. If that wasn't enough for them, than that would be also unacceptable. Give them appropriate defenses for a ranged DPS spec, that's all that's being asked for here. And just for the record, and this is just my opinion, no DPS spec should have defensive's that heal. If they do than all DPS specs need something like that the will allow for comprobable heals. I would exclude Marauders of all specs and Snipers of all specs, if the damage they were putting out was higher and Snipers didn't already have heals. I don't think pure DPS specs should have any baseline heals and any they might get from Utilities should be very minor at best, if at all. I say that as a player of a pure DPS class.

Add to the problem right now we have specs over performing because of bugged set bonus issues and mercs are one of them, their damage right now, at least in Arsenal's case is higher than it is suppose to be, along with Sorc heals. Some other specs are thought to be effected by the same bug, but as of now only those two seemed to be confirmed. I've never been one who thought that Sorc self-heals should have been nerfed in the first place, so I tend to care less about that bug, save for the fact that it is healing more than just the sorc themselves.

Class balance is a total mess. I feel we are worse off than before it ever started and would rather see them just revert all the changes made to pre- class balance levels at this point.

patch hits coming tuesday and 90% likely they'll fix the bugs, so please no more ************. this class has been **** for a lot of years.

The amount of healing this class has is rediculous and totally out of control for a DPS spec made all the worse by being mobile as hell and ranged. The fact that it can force you to stop attacking it while leaving it free to unload its burst rotatation for six second or spam it's self heal for even more healing in addition to all it's other healing factors gives it 'multiple lives'.

The amount of CCs it has in addition makes it's anti-focus vs a single target disgusting. E-net is broken to the point that it's damage even goes through Undying rage and it's second 'net' leave in addition to the amount of slows it can put on melee leave said target's sitting ducks for ranged and make breaking LOS completely unrealistic. Resolve is completely useless and totally unaffected by slows to begin with. You can remain slowed virtually indefinitely.

No ranged DPS should have so much control, anti-focus, healing, and be able to face tank multiple opponents with ease. No amount of previous suck entitles mercs to such survivability. They are as broken as ever in PVP and this is evidence but the amount of mercs you see in PVP. Every match has 3 to 4 mercs if not more.

Add to this the many maps force melee to remain in certain areas be sitting ducks for firing squads and that you are constantly being attacked by them when you are fighting other people along with their equally broken Snipers pals make the hoards of firing squads in PVP constant, incessant and completely unbalanced. Having no weaknesses of any kind make their over the top survivability game breaking. Mercs and Snipers completely ruin PVP for melee.

They are walking trinities and their is no justification for DPS specs having such ridiculous amounts of healing especially considering there is a pure dps spec who can't heal at all and other DPS specs with very little healing potential. Their design is completely backwards for a ranged dps spec. Having multiple lives is inherently unbalancing, once of which cannot be stopped by any strategy. Ceasing attacking when their reflect is up does not prevent them from spamming their self heals during their reflect and the amount of damage one can do using aoes/dots assuming the resources are present to begin with is so small as to be laughable to a class with such healing potentials, passive and otherwise. They remain far too strong and the "nerf" they received in 5.6 was nothing more than a slap on the wrist.

The set bonus bug to their DPS [Arsenal] only adds insult to injury, and is not being fixed in 5.6.1 and has been given no date of addressing. "Some future patch", given BWs history of leaving broken for long periods of time means in all likelihood the set bonus bug will remain for the foreseeable future.

The exaggeration on this issue is getting silly.

I've been a Merc main since day 1 of beta thru the good and the bad. When i complained about my class weaknesses pre 5.0 I was told "You're a %@$", "Mercs are fine", "you suck", "L2P" I literally got hate mail on a daily basis, still do in fact. Well, you know what, maybe its time to take your own advise a little.

Yes, they are perhaps a little over tuned even still, BUT, all i see is 90%+ of players still firing into the obviously glowing giant bubbles instead of doing literally anything else, that's not a Merc problem, that's a player problem. By now this should not be happening still.

No, you don't give us 8 seconds of free casting but that's not your only option either you know. I'm sorry that you might have to use your cooldowns too to counter this but you cant have it both ways. My god something that makes people think and everyone loses their minds.

When everyone learns to play the mechanics ill start to feel bad, maybe, until then all i hear is the echo in my ears of all the nasty whispers i got when i tried to fight for my class.

While it was nice to see the Merc be lifted up, you and I BOTH know all of those should of gone to the POWERTECH. You know the ACTUAL TANK.

While it was nice to see the Merc be lifted up, you and I BOTH know all of those should of gone to the POWERTECH. You know the ACTUAL TANK.

These skills have nothing to do with being a tank or dps, by your logic only tank juggs should have ED, and thats not accurate. It isnt a question of one or the other, its a question of both.

Mercs pre-5.0 had arguably less survivability than PTs do now, but to be fair lets assume they are in about the same place. Mercs got the help they desperately needed, perhaps a little too much, while PTs did not. Many other classes also got help, Snipers, Maras... leaving PTs as a little bit of the odd man out.

For me the answer is simply, extend those skills to PT as well in the same manner the ED and other self healing buffs go to both tank and dps classes. The recent nerfs make them less powerful and PTs would literally be fixed overnight if these were made baseline.

Trsut me i want PTs viable, as far as melee classes go its the one i enjoy most, but it doesnt have to be at the expense of Mercs. You are basically saying Mercs need to go back to being fodder, and thats not right either. No reason both cant be viable, it doenst have to be an either or discussion.

BUT.... This still doesnt address the issue of 90% of the player base still playing the mechanics wrong making the issue seem far worse than it really is. Its mind boggling to me how many people literally just unload everything they have into the shields then complain how OP it is when they literally did everything wrong under the most obvious of situations.

too long to quote

what about before 5.0?? i remember the class being super easy to kill. also its not as mobile as you claim to be, tracer is the main component of arsenal and its casted 90% of the time.

heals are not that strong if you're in dps spec.

TR nerf is huge almost half of healed amount as before 5.6 , kolto wasnt nerfed a lot .

cc is the bust solution to when mercs use dcds. especially energy shield and reflective.

You're exaggerating.

I've killed mercs with sweeping slash maybe ... twice? Out of hundreds of wzs by now and hundreds of mercs, the only ones who died were extremely bad.

Edited by RACATW

Yeah and its a joke, you stil have 3 lives! Heal on dmg should not be given to a DPS spec unless ALL dps specs get it! Factor in all the other crap you have to avoid melee and lets not forget Enet the class is just OP and everyone knows it! It breaks trinity Either your a pure DPS spec i.e a glass cannon or your a hybrid. Hybrids shouldn't be putting out DPS equal to a pure DPS spec because your pseudo tank plus dps. This is why the matches are inundated with a plethora of mercs, snipers and jugs!

Yeah and its a joke, you stil have 3 lives! Heal on dmg should not be given to a DPS spec unless ALL dps specs get it! Factor in all the other crap you have to avoid melee and lets not forget Enet the class is just OP and everyone knows it! It breaks trinity Either your a pure DPS spec i.e a glass cannon or your a hybrid. Hybrids shouldn't be putting out DPS equal to a pure DPS spec because your pseudo tank plus dps. This is why the matches are inundated with a plethora of mercs, snipers and jugs!

Sage heal bug is fixed (nobody complained about it) lets get back to Mandos / Mercs :rolleyes:

You know if they would nerf Mando defs even more it would affect Mando heal, too...

So in your opinion you want that mando heals have the worst healing Potential AND inferior defensives right? So it will become obsolete but nevermind...

But yeah keep complaining about it... and forget gunslingers, sage heals and vanguard dpstanks :rolleyes:

what about before 5.0?? i remember the class being super easy to kill. also its not as mobile as you claim to be, tracer is the main component of arsenal and its casted 90% of the time.

heals are not that strong if you're in dps spec.

TR nerf is huge almost half of healed amount as before 5.6 , kolto wasnt nerfed a lot .

cc is the bust solution to when mercs use dcds. especially energy shield and reflective.

That wasn't a nerf, that was a slap on the wrist for mercs, and a slap in the face to everyone else who really got nerfed and nerfed again. The difference is completely undetectable in PVP and it matters only slightly in PVE in the first place as there will always be multiple healers present.

That BS strategy that people have tried to pawn off as being a reasonable counter measure to Merc DCDs is used all the time, and while thats great, you maybe aren't healing them, you also aren't damaging them and they are unloading 6 seconds of burst dps into your face during that time, or if they feel it necessary they just spam their self heal with those 6 seconds and they heal up anyways. Now, if those Mercs were gonna be gentleman about it and not take the opportunity to attack you while you weren't attacking them, than I'd say fine. But, they seldom return the curtosity and just blow the side of your skull off. Breaking LOS, isn't always possible, at best thats a 50/50 depending on the map, but a merc with the slightest skill and know how is going to keep you slowed so you can't do that, and given the amount of slows the can spec into, you are being slowed and not breaking the LOS more than 50/50. Their CC kit is rediculous. Slows are death to melee when ranged is concerned. Ever try to slow a merc or a sniper? Of course you haven't, why would you bother, it's not going to keep them out of attack range like they can and do to melee every three seconds.

Heavy Armor, Tank defensives, Heals only second to pure healing specs, crazy good mobility, CCs up the azz, ranged, endless slows potentially, extra lives, and yet, they still run when Melee get in swinging range. Sniper's at least have an excuse as to why they would prefer to stay out of attack range of melee and it isn't because they are so worried about a melee beating em on for 5 second, it's because they are most effecient when they are not moving so they do make easy targets for the 2 and half seconds which is as much uptime as your likely to get with em as melee. Mercs don't have mobility considerations, they just run because they know it's safer to attack people who can't attack you back.

There's a word for that. It's called coward. And when you bring a gun to a knife fight, the guy with the gun may be the one who's still alive when it's all over, but he didn't win a fight, he shot someone. Not that Snipers are much better mind you, they're just not quite as mobile as mercs are.

Wzs are still nothing more than firing squads with ranged pot shoting people who are fighting other people from 5 blocks away while thinking that takes any skill to do whatsoever. I would be shocked if even you would not agree that the ranged advantage ranged specs have over melee is a significant factor in PVP. I say that because, if there really is no difference in the effects of some having better attack range than others, there is absolutely no reason for mercs and snipers and sorcs to stand so far away from the melee they are shooting at. If there is no difference, than stand right up in their face, like they HAVE to do to attack you and go blow for blow. Melee cannot do it any other way and they do it with a lot less healing/DCDs than mercs and snipers have. It's not like standing in their face is going to make it so you can't use any of your abilities or it will effect you DPSing. So, why stand far away?

Why shoot at people who can't even attack you back because they can't leave the door they are protecting for getting bombs planted on them? That's fighting to you? That's not being a straight up bytch?

Why are you shooting from all the way up there on that big pipe up overhead next to your sniper pal? As a show of bravery on your part? Not like the very second someone leaps to you up there ur just not gonna use your knockback, than slow them when they hit the ground again. Than you and your sniper pal demonstrate the great skill and battle prowess it takes to light a slowed melee's *** up from on high. Ranged sucker-punching at it's finest.

Just for the record here, I'm not saying I think it's unfair that Mercs and Snipers have the defensives they do and the level of heals they do. I'm saying I think it's unfair that any DPS spec in the game, DPS sorcs, PTs, Maras, OPs, Juggs, for any of em to have them, melee or ranged. That's not what DPS is suppose to be about. At least Snipers aren't pretending like they aren't in a great place.

If a person has to kill someone three times for them to stay dead, and that person with three lives only has to kill that person once [which, for all intents and purposes is the case for mercs because even if you play it smart, you have no control over what the idiot next to you is doing [when the merc puts up his reflect, even tho he can achieve almost the same but just taking the opportunity to use his self heals], what you have just created there is an imbalance.

Doesn't matter anyways, not like the devs are gonna do anything drastic to Mercs and Snipers, you're in the clear. Just do the rest of us a favor, just enjoy your good fortune and stop pretending like you got it anything but made in easy town. You enjoy shooting people who are fighting other people, or are slowed, or are guarding [or all three at the same time] from 5 blocks away , go for it, just don't expect to get respect for it.

TLDR redacted to shorten quote

Give me a friggin break, the bottom line here is that you have no idea how to deal with any ranged class and expect everyone to stand still and face tank you or fight you on your terms. The only reason you arent complaining about Sorcs is that they are under powered and dont scare you.

How to deal with Mercs has been explained to you, you simply dont want to do it, thats a you problem, not a Merc problem.

/snip

So basically anyone who doesn't fight by your rules is a coward. Idiots like you are always the first to die.

Because the first REAL rule of combat is this. There are two types of people who remain on the field of battle. Those that are dead and those that are gonna be dead. This isn't dueling pistols at dawn. It's war. In war you never fight fair. You sneak up behind the enemy and you bash him over the skull and you blow his brains out. I understand this. This is why anytime I ever meet you in combat I'll beat you down and try not to get any on my boots as I do it regardless of what class I play.

Don't like it, cry me a river, build me a bridge then get the hell over it cause IDGAF.