Fashion Question

Walkerlang

So... I'm newly back after a long hiatus and really enjoying the DvL event and the game in general.

I've spent alot of time on Guild Wars 2, where alot of the fun comes from combining different outfits and color combos do really give your character a unique look.

In this game, there are lots of cool things too, but they all seem to be ridiculously expensive on the market, and I was just curious if there were any cheaper alternatives or cool things you can buy from npc's anywhere. I'm playing as a human female, so I'm looking for anything cool/sexy or just unique.

Also, a quick question about orange gear..... Is all orange gear basically the same, and you just increase the stats/level of the items by putting in better and better mods as you gain levels?

Thanks for any help and or advice.

You can get cheap orange gear on the fleet, in the supply section, for Common Crystals. I believe it's level 7, but could be 10. There are mods vendors there that go up about every 4-6 levels to upgrade.

Use the orange and then you can put anything you want into the outfit designer, even green crap.

In this game, there are lots of cool things too, but they all seem to be ridiculously expensive on the market, and I was just curious if there were any cheaper alternatives or cool things you can buy from npc's anywhere. I'm playing as a human female, so I'm looking for anything cool/sexy or just unique.

tor-fashion.com would be my suggestion for the place to identify what you feel is cool and what you'd like to have for your character and where to get it. It may not have absolutely everything listed, but it's got most of it and is very useful for designing "looks." If you want something unique, you'll need to mix and match and possibly even add dye modules to individual pieces rather than just the chest piece to get certain things to look certain ways. I do not advise doing that until you familiarize yourself with the dye system and how it works (as well as how the pieces of various outfits show up when dyed) since mistakes can be expensive as the dye modules are consumable, that is, you cannot remove and reuse them.

While the most popular items tend to be expensive, what someone thinks is cool is very subjective, so it's entirely possible you'll discover certain looks you like that don't go for very much on the GTN, or can even be crafted. Just seeing what's out there may give you inspiration for new outfit combinations that don't require expensive pieces.

So... I'm newly back after a long hiatus and really enjoying the DvL event and the game in general.

I've spent alot of time on Guild Wars 2, where alot of the fun comes from combining different outfits and color combos do really give your character a unique look.

Also, a quick question about orange gear..... Is all orange gear basically the same, and you just increase the stats/level of the items by putting in better and better mods as you gain levels?

Thanks for any help and or advice.

to answer your last question first, all orange gear is not the same. originally, armor came in light, medium, and heavy, and classes were restricted in what they could wear. around 3.0 they introduced adaptive armor that automatically applies the heaviest armor type your class can wear. pretty much all the armors that have come out since are adaptive, but there are a lot of vendors selling gear (at least one for each planet and more scattered all over the place), and i don't think they retroed all of the old vendors. it is still important to make sure the orange piece you are buying is either adaptive or the correct weight for your class.

as for expensive, i suppose that depends on perspective. if you have a specific look that you are going for, but think it is too expensive, try looking around for the same outfit, but in a different color, and then use dye to correct it. bw is pathetically lazy when it comes to...well, everything really, and just about every outfit that has been released has been re-released with slightly different colors and called something else.