Shadow/Inquisitor

JustCallMeJax

Ok so im new to the shadow, and i was under the impression that even though they should be stacked with willpower that stacking +str would make dps better. Someone told me that that is not true and willpower stacking will increase my melee dmg along with force greater than stacking str? is this true and even though i use more close combat am i wasting my time on str? anyone?

Whilst what you think makes sense it theory, you're up close and in melee so surely strength would be better...it isn't.

The shadow is an advanced class branching out from the counsellor, the Counsellors primary stat is Willpower - so then is the shadows.

In short, stack willpower as a shadow and ignore strength. Strength is of no use to a shadow.

At the very basic level, each of the four classes (Smuggler/Agent, Knight/Warrior, Trooper/Bounty Hunter, and Consular/Inquisitor) have their ONE main stat, that improves basically everything they do as a class (this goes for both advanced classes in each class).

For Shadows/Sages and Assassins/Sorcerers, your main stat is Willpower, and to answer your question, it will increase your damage as a Shadow, the *exact* same way that Strength would increase a Jedi Knight/Sentinel's damage.