Which server is for me - English Player - Progenitor or Red Eclipse?

ADemoiselle

So I'm not sure if I want to join The Progenitor or The Red Eclipse. I'm interested in doing some roleplay if I feel like it on and off, but I don't want to join a server where it's considered the norm to do so even in general discussion, or if The Progenitor has a large number of people who look down on non RP-ers/ elitist controlling RP groups like I've heard. Basically, I don't want to join a server where it isn't easy to just strike up OOC discussions or friendships and ask/give help to other players, hence why I'm drifting towards The Red Eclipse. I don't want to miss out on the social aspects of an MMORPG, which I worry wouldn't really be as easy to find on the RP server.

Also, I have some concerns about the seemingly larger number of people on The Red Eclipse creating some lag, although I also see ti as a good thing with regards to the points above.

Any first hand experience or tips?

If RP is not your highest priority I'd recommend against joining an RP server. How-ever this will exclude you almost completely from RP'ing with people, simply since not a lot of people chose to do so on a PvE-server. You might be able to find some friends who enjoy it though. Maybe even a guild, but I wouldn't count in it.

A PvE server will give you enough social aspect, though a lot is simply chit-chat or to get something done instead of RP. The more people the easier it is to find a group of people with a common interest/skill-level etc. A highly recommended server unless your priority is indeed RP or PvP. Another possibility is eventually rerolling an alt or something specially designed for RP purposes on the RP-server. (You can roll 12 characters per server, possibility to buy more slots and there is I think a max cap of 50, never tested it though.) but this does mean starting from scratch. This is what I did to be able to RP with a friend. I sadly came to the conclusion I cannot stand having to RP all the time, so I no longer play on that server. :)

Edit:

Judging from the poster below the RP-servers have changed a bit since I last joined them. Likely making them a better choice.

Edited by Gloomycakes

So I'm not sure if I want to join The Progenitor or The Red Eclipse. I'm interested in doing some roleplay if I feel like it on and off, but I don't want to join a server where it's considered the norm to do so even in general discussion, or if The Progenitor has a large number of people who look down on non RP-ers/ elitist controlling RP groups like I've heard. Basically, I don't want to join a server where it isn't easy to just strike up OOC discussions or friendships and ask/give help to other players, hence why I'm drifting towards The Red Eclipse. I don't want to miss out on the social aspects of an MMORPG, which I worry wouldn't really be as easy to find on the RP server.

Also, I have some concerns about the seemingly larger number of people on The Red Eclipse creating some lag, although I also see ti as a good thing with regards to the points above.

Any first hand experience or tips?

I've found that, on many RP servers, there is a good amount of non-RP. Generally -- the "chat" channels (General, PvP, Trade) are always OOC. There are also a good number of people who join RP servers but don't often RP -- they just enjoy the quality of the community, as it is generally more mature.

Best thing to do would be to search through the Guild Recruitment and server forums for each of those servers. Ask a few questions there, and maybe try to find a casual RP guild that allows OOC chat and is helpful to those who don't want to RP all of the time.

Good luck! Finding the right server and guild is a great way to get the most enjoyment out of the game, so I hope you find an excellent home.