Question Regarding Tank and Healers

makallitank

All the content should be cleared with no real problems, providing your level is in line with each quest. It is no doubt somewhat slower, although this can be negated somewhat by using a reasonably well geared dps companion.

Happy gaming :)

Edited by uncle_monty

It's slower but safer. Though, as a healer, it's also easy to solo content intended for 2 players -- it's just, well, slow, lol. I also heartily recommend a DPS companion if you go that route. Imo it's decent training because you learn to both heal and DPS, and manage your resources while doing it. While I always focus on healing first in group content, there are times when being able to DPS efficiently have come in handy.

After level eight characters to 55; 2 tanks, 2 heals, 2 melee, 2 range, I can say with some confident observational experience that I didn't really notice much difference in leveling speed. The damage dealers took down enemies faster, but had more recovery time, more often. The tanks fought almost non-stop--I mean non-stop. I might have to use my Rest like... once an hour, if that. Healer was the same--in fact most of the time I was DPSing on my healer; just drop my HOTs on my tank pet, plop an AE heal on the ground, and kill stuff.

Damage would kill really fast, but eventually I have to stop and rest--works out to about the same passage of time.

Hi. Quick question here:

Are tank and healer specs able to solo as well as normal damage specs?

Will they level at roughly the same pace?

Thank you.

Short answer: Yes, they will level roughly at the same pace.

Long answer: I have done every combination listed below. The primary variables involved are DPS between the two (character and companion) and downtime between fights.

Tank/healer combinations tend to have lowest combined DPS but zero downtime - these combos are all but invincible so they act like the energizer bunny: they keep going and going and going.

Healer/dps combinations tend to have slightly better DPS but a little more downtime - the stress of having to heal a DPS causes resource shortages from time to time.

Tank/DPS combinations tend to have even better DPS, but even more downtime - as neither can heal effectively short and frequent breaks between fights or longer breaks every two or three fights becomes the norm

DPS/DPS combinations have the best DPS, but the most downtime - making sure both character and companion are at full health before each fight is important, but the fights go fast.

Any way you slice it, the overall time it takes is about the same. Send any combination in similar gear against the same quest at the same level and chances are they will all return within seconds of each other.