Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Concentrated Fire Nerf - DPS getting buffed?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Concentrated Fire Nerf - DPS getting buffed?

xXSistros
05.18.2020 , 03:02 AM | #11
Despite I love the old CF Set, I must admit that the 4 piece SB is a little "boring" by giving us 10% critchance permanently simply for doing what we do since years. But on the other hand, there are 10% damage boosts triggered by flaming fist or Damage Boosts from Entrench etc., so this can't be the reason to rework the Set for IO (I am just generally assuming that the heal nerf with the Set ist total nonsense). Honestly, I can live with the new 4 piece Setbonus, even if you decide to nerf it from 3 to 5 seconds. But the 6 piece Setbonus is just spitting in our Helmet covered faces. If you want the Healers to be adjusted, CF needs to get a rework to make it IO-exclusive. But on the other Hand, both PT specs, 2/3 Sniper Specs and both Sorc Specs use the same (viable) Set. So why ist there such a desperate need to devide Arsenal, IO and Bodyguard?
So please, don't do this patchwork nerfs and buffs all over the classes. I think you need a philosophy of what the new Set diversity should do. Should every Spec have their own Set or are you ok with one BiS Set for every DPS Spec of a Class?
When 6.0 came live, my impression was that you wanted to give our gear more value and depth, a development I can agree with and that you could have established even more. If you nerf CF and give us a compensation in passives, well, then you counteract this development. So please, if you are still the same guys who programmed the design of Heatseeker Missile, show us Mercs some mercy.

TassieG
05.18.2020 , 07:34 AM | #12
This is another request for the devs to take a close look at what a concentrated fire nerf will do to merc dps. We are already just a middling ranged class.

Without a major buff to our passives, the CF nerf will wreck us.

I have and have parsed the 6-piece apex predator set, and it is nothing special.

Muthias
05.18.2020 , 10:01 AM | #13
Devs...you all need to take a look at what this CF nerf is going to do to the DPS specs.

AwesomeTacoCat
05.19.2020 , 07:05 AM | #14
+1

Please devs buff merc dps if you're going to nerf CF. It is desperately needed.

Exly
05.19.2020 , 08:48 AM | #15
When the game first launched the devs decided that they needed to give melee classes better dps than ranged clases because they would suffer from reduced time on target. Then trough they years they added in gap closers and 30 meter abilities, and made all abilities able to be used on the move for all melee classes, but still believed that the same rules should apply and thus, they continue to work to establish a 10% dps gap between melee dot classes and ranged burst classes.

While I believe that philosophy is now flawed because of the changes they've made, the devs seem to be working to reestablish that gap, and I think that is the reason they are nerfing mercs now.

With that said, I do not expect them to reply to this or any other thread regarding this change.

AUTChris
05.19.2020 , 09:30 AM | #16
Why not instead of removing the 10% crit change the set to provide 10% crit for damage abilities only?

That would still nerf the heal Merc which is overperforming in PvE..

Catharde
05.20.2020 , 06:16 AM | #17
As a returning player that loves playing commando right now, please reconsider this change.

Many players have invested considerable time and in-game resources to get the Concentrated Fire armor set. The changes to this set on the PTR go beyond a simple adjustment; the 4 piece bonus is completely removed. This will cause the need for many commando players to reaugment this entire armor set, at substantial cost of credits and time. Many will be turned off by such a large nerf and may just walk away.

I don't pretend to know what you are attempting to balance with these changes. However, having played MMOs for years, I do know that there are always multiple ways to address class balance. Maybe just lower the crit chance for the 4 piece? Adjust the damage or heals on specific abilities? You have options. But please, don't remove the core bonus for an entire armor set. I put in a lot of time to get this set, it really stinks to see it nerfed so hard.

There are a few other posts in this thread have some good ideas for fixes, please check them out.

dipstik
05.20.2020 , 03:28 PM | #18
is 10% crit buff that overpowered? if they go forward with this change they should add a passive crit buff to rail stacks or something.

tolaez
05.20.2020 , 06:51 PM | #19
Yes this does seem like an unwarranted nerf for dps, especially IO

Lhancelot
05.23.2020 , 01:23 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Catharde View Post
As a returning player that loves playing commando right now, please reconsider this change.

Many players have invested considerable time and in-game resources to get the Concentrated Fire armor set. The changes to this set on the PTR go beyond a simple adjustment; the 4 piece bonus is completely removed. This will cause the need for many commando players to reaugment this entire armor set, at substantial cost of credits and time. Many will be turned off by such a large nerf and may just walk away.

I don't pretend to know what you are attempting to balance with these changes. However, having played MMOs for years, I do know that there are always multiple ways to address class balance. Maybe just lower the crit chance for the 4 piece? Adjust the damage or heals on specific abilities? You have options. But please, don't remove the core bonus for an entire armor set. I put in a lot of time to get this set, it really stinks to see it nerfed so hard.

There are a few other posts in this thread have some good ideas for fixes, please check them out.
Just look at the past few gear sets they have nerfed. They don't care if people buy them, waste time on them, etc.

They have already nerfed sorc healer sets, and many other sets with no regard to what people have invested timewise.

Which, in the big picture if they make proper changes this is not a big deal. The problem is when they make a nerf change ruining the set, making it useless.
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582