Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alderaan Stronghold Feedback Phase #1

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Public Test Server
Alderaan Stronghold Feedback Phase #1
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Yseut
12.23.2019 , 04:58 PM | #71
This stronghold is amazing. It really is. Wished you had a bigger team because what you do with what you've got on this game is getting better and better !

I feel like most of the issues have already been said by the community. The main problem for me is with the stained glass. That is too strongh and :

Quote:
The projection of the window on the ground is gorgeous, but when you place objects in the way of the light it doesn't change. So projection doesn't hit decos, not sure how difficult that would be to adjust, I'd imagine quite a bit. When I place a deco at the front of the hall, the light doesn't project onto it, the deco just cuts off some of the projection, and when I place a deco near the rear of the hall light doesn't move around it. It's not a huge thing I guess, but it triggers my ocd.
I really wanted to congrat the team for their good work and I cannot wait to see how you take all the feedback and apply it (or not :P).
Not A Blog
"Si je suis maudit, je reviendrai la nuit vous harceler.
Je m'en prendrai à vos visages et j'appuierai sur vos poitrines tremblantes.
Je vous priverai de sommeil par la terreur."

MarkusBroede
12.24.2019 , 02:22 AM | #72
Da Ich kein Englisch kann schreibe ich hier in Deutsch.
Den Thron im Thronsaal würde ich auch entfernen...damit die leute ihn sich selber einrichten können.
Der Eingangsbreich finde ich in Ordnung obwohl ich mir gewünscht hätte das dort noch eine weitere Etage wäre ,für Bibliothek...Jedi-Rat Zimmer usw.
Vielleicht ist dies noch möglich einzufügen.
MfG
Markus Broede

TonyTricicolo
12.24.2019 , 06:00 AM | #73
Ja. Ich denke, alle sind sich einig, dass sie den Thronsaal reparieren, einen zweiten Stock errichten und weitere Räume hinzufügen sollten.
THE ONE AND ONLY TONY NOVA
ATM Password http://www.swtor.com/r/vNnj3G

Galandro
12.24.2019 , 08:58 AM | #74
After the livestream preview, I’m super-psyched for the Alderaan stronghold. I won't be able to get on the PTS until next week, but I did want to echo some comments from the livestream.

First, the taxis absolutely should be Thrantas.

I’d also like larger, much larger rugs. While the ability to scale existing rugs is probably unlikely, the recent addition of the long runner carpet was nice to see. Most of the other ug decorations are too small for any of the large rooms on Rishi and presumably Alderaan. When placed on a hook in center of those rooms, they really don’t pull the room together. I'd like some real wall-to-wall carpeting options.

I also hope that there are plenty of ceiling hooks. I know this is a problem on Rishi where some rooms don’t even have hooks up there. In addition, hooks in and near the stream out front would also be nice for assorted plants and critters.

Finally, I think a commemorative statue to honor Carrie Fisher would be an appropriate decoration for inclusion on Alderaan. I get that you can’t specifically reference Leia, but a statue of a Princess from Alderaan (with an astromech in honor of the late Kenny Baker) that happened to have hair buns and a long dress would not be out of place in any era.

casirabit
12.24.2019 , 09:37 AM | #75
Quote: Originally Posted by Galandro View Post
After the livestream preview, I’m super-psyched for the Alderaan stronghold. I won't be able to get on the PTS until next week, but I did want to echo some comments from the livestream.

I’d also like larger, much larger rugs. While the ability to scale existing rugs is probably unlikely, the recent addition of the long runner carpet was nice to see. Most of the other ug decorations are too small for any of the large rooms on Rishi and presumably Alderaan. When placed on a hook in center of those rooms, they really don’t pull the room together. I'd like some real wall-to-wall carpeting options.

I also hope that there are plenty of ceiling hooks. I know this is a problem on Rishi where some rooms don’t even have hooks up there. In addition, hooks in and near the stream out front would also be nice for assorted plants and critters.

Finally, I think a commemorative statue to honor Carrie Fisher would be an appropriate decoration for inclusion on Alderaan. I get that you can’t specifically reference Leia, but a statue of a Princess from Alderaan (with an astromech in honor of the late Kenny Baker) that happened to have hair buns and a long dress would not be out of place in any era.
PTS has been closed. It will not be back until sometime after the first of the year (Jan 2020)
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

MysteriaEclipse
12.28.2019 , 10:35 PM | #76
Hope your having a good day,

I really love this strong hold's outdoor areas. Also the view of the water and mountians. However, the Yavin 4 Stronghold was my favorite because of the secret, flooded waterfall cave. I was hoping for at least a secret flooded cave of some sort. Maybe even a secret underground cavern rather than a cave. Perhaps luminous Kyber crystals in this flooded under ground cavern, and a small island of ancient marble floor.

Also, I love the stained glass in the Stronghold, but the walls of the stronghold are pretty barren without a few more windows. You have the big beautiful wide open Alderaan areas, the beautiful cave you already made, It kind of feels a little boxed in and claustrophobic for some. I realize that to maximize hook space, you can't have many windows. Maybe some stained glass skylights? I know it probably wouldn't be possible to put some wildlife in the field area like a Manka cat. Or make the transport a Thranta instead of a speeder.

Don't get me wrong , I am in love with the strong hold. I thank you so much for this long anticipated addition. I look forward to getting one even if things stay as is. Have a super day.
Guild master for Lightsiders and SIS Agents.

Xina_LA
12.30.2019 , 02:24 PM | #77
I just want to mention...

We have 11 stronghold labels, though some of them are now impossible to find:

Marketplace Cantina
Trade Emporium
Vacation Retreat
Starfighter's Lounge
Smuggler's Haven
Pirate's Roost
Lair of Shadows
Chamber of Deception/Truth
Imperial/Republic Sanctuary
Jedi/Sith Academy
Temple of Light/Darkness

There are really only 5 themes: commerce, resort, hideaway, spiritual area, and training site.

We have 7 strongholds, about to have 8:
Coruscant
Dromund Kaas
Nar Shaddaa
Tatooine
Yavin 4
Manaan
Umbara
Alderaan

This really doesn't give us much variety if we don't want to double-up on stronghold labels.
We already have to double-up on themes.
We could use some new labels.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

Capella
12.30.2019 , 10:06 PM | #78
Quote: Originally Posted by Galandro View Post
Absolutely.

LordMetroplex
12.31.2019 , 07:45 AM | #79
Hello again,

So since I think that the others before me have said pretty much everything there should be to know how good the Stronghold is and also which things you could still change, I want to go into it here with less than rather that I would like to note again and ask for that Guilds should also be able to acquire several Strongholds, your developer puts so much work into it that it will be difficult to agree as a Guild on only one fortress, on one Headquarters, just now with Rishi and Alderaan and also Yavin 4, our Guild is a Sith RP Guild and uses Yavin 4 because of its mystical and ancient charisma, but Alderaan is perfect as a residence and main point to play Sith intrigues, manipulations and more, with Yavin as a Sith Temple and Alderaan as a Palace, we don't want to have to choose, please make it possible for Guilds to buy several fortresses, even if the second one costs twice as much as the normal Guild fortress, I really hope you will see this post and maybe take it to heart to incorporate these small changes in the next update.

Thank you for your tireless work.
Heil dem Imperator
http://www.swtor.com/r/4lzqgM

Wir benötigen eine Oricon Festung

Turbelagos
01.05.2020 , 10:58 AM | #80
Not sure if feedback is still being accepted or not, but I’ll give my two cents on the matter anyway XD

In short, I think you guys did a fantastic job on the Alderaan SH, it feels majestic, and I feel it does a great job of representing the best of Alderaan. Honestly I think the SH’s shaping up to be the best SH you guys made. The rooms are gorgeous and I’m a fan of the number of starship hooks you guys installed, including the ones on the back. And I honestly don’t think the taxi needs to change to Thranta, since its more “ theme neutral” as just taxi.

However, there are some things that I think can be done to improve the SH:
- There needs to be large wall hooks at the palace entrance to place banners to signify where our loyalties lie
- The Killik cave (and this is the BIGGEST issue I have with this SH) is too restrictive, I think the Killik elements (mounds, eggs) need to be removed, so that the caves can be decorated in any way (crystal cave, ruins, etc)
- floor hooks need to be added in the ruins area