Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Training Costs are a Thing of the Past

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Training Costs are a Thing of the Past
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gigabolt
12.05.2014 , 04:34 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by justinplainview View Post
so early access gets ****ed and spends millions of credits training abilities and then people that didn't pre-order the expansion get an added benefit that the early access players didn't get. This is ********. I'm glad for other people, obviously, but this is terrible for pre-order people that just wasted millions of credits. GG
EXACTLY THIS ^^

well played Bioware, the reward for pre-ordering and supporting the game with our money is to get ****ed over, while if we had held our cash and waited a week we would be better off.

You just created one enormous reason to deter people from future pre-orders, smart business move.

lynnwilde
12.05.2014 , 04:35 PM | #82
HEY ******ES, MAYBE FIX THE DAMN REVAN MISSION HMM?

CmdrShpd
12.05.2014 , 04:35 PM | #83
Considering I made more than 2 million credits selling crafting mats in the first 36 hours after early access started (and more after that!), I certainly don't feel like I got screwed by pre-ordering!
Refer-a-friend. Click for free SWTOR goodies!
The Vakarian Legacy
<The Harbinger>

Kadin
12.05.2014 , 04:35 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by KyaniteD View Post
Now, here is the thing. What happened, happened. No one can time travel back to Dec 2. They had to work with the current situation, and while I understand that it's frustrating for those who already paid training costs in the past couple days, I choose to be realistic: 1) They cannot change the past. No amount of complaining will change that. 2) Offering refunds would most likely open an exploit the size of a barn door. As I see it, the few toons on which training has already been paid for are the very short term price to pay for a very long term positive effect. If people have already leveled all their 16 characters to level 60 in the past 72 hours then I'm really dreadfully sorry, because they apparently have no life beyond this game and not slept for entirely too long.
But now instead, a lot of people might decide to just wait playing until next Tuesday to avoid paying the fees. If they simple offered a refund for the costs incurred from 12/2 through 12/9, people would still (probably) happily play and pay the cost knowing it'll get refunded. As for me, I'll just continue on the characters I've already leveled and leave the rest for next week. Not what I planned to do but why purposely incur the fees at this point?
Quote: Originally Posted by CmdrShpd View Post
Considering I made more than 2 million credits selling crafting mats in the first 36 hours after early access started (and more after that!), I certainly don't feel like I got screwed by pre-ordering!
The fact that you've made money does not diminish the fact that you've spent money you didn't need to. That's a pretty poor way to validate this imo.

Darth_Wicked
12.05.2014 , 04:36 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by lynnwilde View Post
HEY ******ES, MAYBE FIX THE DAMN REVAN MISSION HMM?
Maybe you could read before throwing a tantrum I guess?

RandyL
12.05.2014 , 04:37 PM | #86
Free training wasn't something I even thought of, but I'm not complaining. That said, it's not really fair to punish those that pre-ordered and raced through an expansion with bugs to level characters to the benefit of testing it for everyone that didn't pre-order it and will be able to play without bugs or training costs. For that privilege we get to pay hundreds of thousands, potentially millions of credits, more vs. those that didn't pre-order.

I realize it's not really cost effective to devote dev resources to figuring out who spent what on skills and issuing refunds. I propose that instead you add an additional free item to the pre-order vendor. And while you're at it, how about raising that decoration limit above 1?

Viraxis
12.05.2014 , 04:38 PM | #87
So basically, you are totally screwing over the early access people which is most likely your lifeblood of the game. Way to go Bioware. I have leveled up 4 characters and spent over 4million in retraining and training. Thanks for sh@t$!@* all over your subs.

JourrnoRush
12.05.2014 , 04:39 PM | #88
A quick fix would be to give a INSERT AMOUNT of Cartel Coins to those who preordered before Nov 2.

It would not fix everything, especially those who are out A LOT by leveling their legacy this week, but would be close to equal for spending the money in game.
See the stars, they're shining bright. Everything's alright tonight.
^^^Free Stuff Let me know if you click!

fushnchips
12.05.2014 , 04:39 PM | #89
I don't see what the problem is with not getting a refund just remember with the 12xp we had no training costs so it evens out in the end it's only fake money apart from the dipsticks that buy from those spammers hahaha

UltraManDingo
12.05.2014 , 04:40 PM | #90
Yeah... That's pretty cold. Great way to treat your most loyal customers. On my 16 characters, I'm in it over 4.5 million credits I won't get back. So, thanks for that. I mean at 60, there are more than a dozen abilities to train at over 43k a piece.

You guys need to work on figuring out your market before you get them all upset.
ManDingo
═══=|═══════════════