A Day in the Life of Marauders and Sentinels

DanielSteed

...just what is wrong with the weapon hook points in this game lately? These lightsabers are hanging so far off the belt, I initially thought you had accidentally uploaded a picture of some gunslingers in the wrong armor sets, because at that point the sabers look more like blaster pistols than anything else.

ladies and gentlemen, its there! the blade blitz from camouflage is there!

please let it be that the author actually plays the class, this is dumb and for newcomers misleading..

That setbonus promotes one very specific mechanic, that you may use like once, like only once and i mean ever.. and even then its a waste of force camouflage.. cmon

Sorry to enter a-hole mode again..... but i really don't like these articles.

I will paraphase something a guildmate say to me yesterday: "The fact that there is a PTS and BW let us talk about what we see there is no excuse to not comunicate the changes and features to the players".

These articles are very incomplete, some portions are even wrong and you have refused the feedback provided (Phasewalk for snipers rings a bell?)

The calm before the inevitable clash of this PvP match has settled over the arena. Our Fury Marauder has their target picked and is ready to pounce. In order to maintain the element of surprise, our Marauder approaches under the cover of Force Camouflage. Taking advantage of the "Dashing Blademaster" Set Bonus, our Marauder uses Mad Dash to quickly close the distance, guaranteeing a critical hit as well as slowing any enemy it hits.

Not wanting to let this opportunity slip by, our Marauder follows up with a fully charged Furious Power, increasing the damage of their next four direct, single-target melee abilities. This is where the “Perseverance” Tactical item comes into play: by using Obliterate under the effect of Furious Power, Obliterate is guaranteed to critically hit, stacking with the damage increase from Furious Power. This allows our Fury Marauder to quickly finish off their target and prepare to ambush their next opponent.

Did i miss something? Last time i check Maras need to build Rage.

If you will insist on these fictional scenarios at least make them complete to give us the idea that its possible.

Because as it was posted what i see is that the moment you finish Mad Dash and don't pop fast an inmunity, you get CC and your planning goes down the toilet. So either you need to waste something to build rage before even starting this or you have a problem. I know, save yourself using Force cammo....oh wait.

I think you need to add in the set bonus that you build at least 3 rage with Mad Dash (like force charge) to make this close to functional as an opener. And even with that, i don't like it.

Please start thinking for good Set Bonus for Juggs and Maras. This is a generic warrior one and most of what we saw in PTS was rubbish.

Tactical: "Tome of Unyielding Blades"

Force Sweep causes your next Blade Rush to do damage to up to 8 additional enemies near the primary target.

Who thought this would be useful? Why would I ever want to use sweep as combat spec when resources are scarce in that spec?

Edited by Raansu

Hello everyone!

In our latest installment of our series showcasing the synergy of Set Bonuses and Tacticals, we published an article looking at Marauders and Sentinels.

Don't care what anyone thinks but I'm going with Perfect Form set bonus and Enraged Crush with my Fury Marauder.

Sweeping Slash bleeds (plus crits from skill tree) + Enraged Crush + Smash makes for great AOE coupled with the 25% Sweeping Slash increase utility.

Vicious Slash bleeds will be even better with this set bonus + Enraged Crush + Raging Burst makes for great single target burst.

(6 Piece Bonus) Activating Mad Dash while under Force Camouflage makes it critically hit and slows any targets it damages..

Is gonna be used by nobody ever roflmao

Why is this even a setbonus. Both abilities are important dcds, nobody gonna use TWO of them to slow some rando down.

Easy fix: 6 piece setbonus makes Camo last for few sec longer and first attack out of camo crits/slows.

Boring but would actually get some use.

Edited by Kiesu

Is gonna be used by nobody ever roflmao

Why is this even a setbonus. Both abilities are important dcds, nobody gonna use TWO of them to slow some rando down.

Easy fix: 6 piece setbonus makes Camo last for few sec longer and first attack out of camo crits/slows.

Boring but would actually get some use.

Ya I'll never use that. I get they want to give mad dash more of a purpose other than being a gap closer, but I'm not burning two skills at once. BW has no idea what they are doing.

they trying to killer overall DPS numbers so they can give the bosses at the same height with higher level gear and low dps numbers. I would've thought by now by aware but have seen how ESL uses their DPS and loves to grow and just make bigger bosses which means certain operations get done faster oh well we want bigger gear stronger gear and bigger bosses.

we've been sitting at like 10 to 15k dps for well over white three years why has not changed to 20 to 70k dps by now?

Set Bonus: "Dashing Blademaster"

(2 Piece Bonus) +2% Alacrity

(4 Piece Bonus) Mad Dash's cooldown is reduced by 10 seconds.

(6 Piece Bonus) Activating Mad Dash while under Force Camouflage makes it critically hit and slows any targets it damages.

Tactical: "Perseverance"

Using Obliterate with Furious Power causes it to critically hit.

So I want to mention on this, mad dash CDR is cool but could we actually look into the consistency of mad dash itself. It's used as an escape DCD mostly, or a way to get a leap off. Using it to mitigate small damage nearly never works, many times i've been white damaged through it.

But that's not what I want to really mention here, the 6 piece bonus is laughable, so you want us to use two important abilities for mobility and escape for a laughable amount of damage with a slow? This needs to do a TON of damage for it to be worth wasting something so powerful as Force camouflage. But honestly that is NOT what I want I also doubt it's what anyone else wants. A real good Fury marauder one would be like a small range extension on furious strike for 4piece. Then for 6piece each raging burst under destruction proc increases the next smash damage by 10% stacking up to 2x. Or something along the lines, something that's not completely useless or noob bait. I consider the current advertise set as noob bait.

Lastly all of the fury tacticals are very lackluster in comparison. Obliterate with furious power activated? I just don't see the uptime worth the little gain.

A very good but easy tactical to make for fury could be like.

2x Stacks of obliterate, while not extremely good it's very much better than the advertised.

I would give this more thought if I knew things were being listened to, hopefully you guys can realize how bad this article for fury is.

Side note - I do think fury should just be reworked, so many auto crits, even with removal of setbonus auto crit this spec is very awkward, rage management is nonexistent in both pve/pvp.

Hello everyone!

In our latest installment of our series showcasing the synergy of Set Bonuses and Tacticals, we published an article looking at Marauders and Sentinels.

The calm before the inevitable clash of this PvP match has settled over the arena. Our Concentration Sentinel has their target picked and is ready to pounce. In order to maintain the element of surprise, our Sentinel approaches under the cover of Force Camouflage. Taking advantage of the "Dashing Blademaster" Set Bonus, our Sentinel uses Blade Blitz to quickly close the distance, guaranteeing a critical hit as well as slowing any enemy it hits.

Not wanting to let this opportunity slip by, our Sentinel follows up with a fully charged Force Clarity, increasing the damage of their next four direct, single-target melee abilities. This is where the “Perseverance” Tactical item comes into play: by using Zealous Leap under the effect of Force Clarity, Zealous Leap is guaranteed to critically hit, stacking with the damage increase from Force Clarity. This allows our Concentration Sentinel to quickly finish off their target and prepare to ambush their next opponent.

????

For a top 1 mara and top 3 sent in season 10 i can't stop laughing at it..

HAHAHAHA using camouflage to approach enemies at start? ? Wasting such an important cd at start and opening with mad dash? Hahahaha pls stop writing things you have no idea about. It may work only in games with healers where mara can survive longer and if he knows enemies will go on other target and try to cc him at start. But in pure dps fights you are recked if you use camouflage like that. And these useless set bonuses makes me cry lol

"In order to maintain the element of surprise, our Marauder approaches under the cover of Force Camouflage. Taking advantage of the "Dashing Blademaster" Set Bonus, our Marauder uses Mad Dash to quickly close the distance."

I mean, we know you don't actually play the game, but you don't have to rub it in our faces...

"In order to maintain the element of surprise, our Marauder approaches under the cover of Force Camouflage. Taking advantage of the "Dashing Blademaster" Set Bonus, our Marauder uses Mad Dash to quickly close the distance."

I mean, we know you don't actually play the game, but you don't have to rub it in our faces...

Believe it or not a lot of Maruaders play like that in unranked arenas... :D They use camo early and attack from it, get globalled and die because they cannot vanish anymore. :cool:

So don't be so hard on the writers of this article. What you quoted is happening in the game and sometimes you can see it in ranked too.

Believe it or not a lot of Maruaders play like that in unranked arenas... :D They use camo early and attack from it, get globalled and die because they cannot vanish anymore. :cool:

So don't be so hard on the writers of this article. What you quoted is happening in the game and sometimes you can see it in ranked too.

If I had to guess, they probably have the utility that stacks up your damage the longer you're in stealth.