Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Processed Isotope Stabilizer and Refined Isotope Stabilizer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Processed Isotope Stabilizer and Refined Isotope Stabilizer

Louisfranc's Avatar


Louisfranc
11.05.2019 , 11:39 PM | #1
So it appears that Refined Isotope Stabilizer is no longer available in the game and everything has switched over to Processed Isotope Stabilizer as far as rewards. Dark Projects still require the Refined Isotope Stabilizer, which I believe is being phased out. Will the Processed Isotope Stabilizer eventually replace the Refined Isotope Stabilizer, or will those items that require Refined Isotope Stabilizer be uncraftable once the Refined Isotope Stabilizer supply is depleted?

Estelindis's Avatar


Estelindis
11.06.2019 , 06:16 AM | #2
I hope not. The previous type of isotope is available for scrap, while the new one isn't.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Void_Singer's Avatar


Void_Singer
11.07.2019 , 05:23 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Louisfranc View Post
So it appears that Refined Isotope Stabilizer is no longer available in the game and everything has switched over to Processed Isotope Stabilizer as far as rewards. Dark Projects still require the Refined Isotope Stabilizer, which I believe is being phased out. Will the Processed Isotope Stabilizer eventually replace the Refined Isotope Stabilizer, or will those items that require Refined Isotope Stabilizer be uncraftable once the Refined Isotope Stabilizer supply is depleted?
You can get Refined Isotope Stabilizer from the jawa scrap vendors...

EDIT: Iokath Recombinators are Available from Umbara Vendor

Despite this, the price of Dark Projects has tanked, even with the new absurd requirements for War Supplies....

K had it right... People are Dumb Panicky Animals.
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Louisfranc's Avatar


Louisfranc
11.07.2019 , 06:05 PM | #4
I did see that the Iokath Recombinator is available on Odessen near the flashpoints for 260,000 a pop from that vendor. Good to know I can still get Refined Isotope Stabilizer from the scrap though.

Cearnach's Avatar


Cearnach
07.04.2020 , 09:25 PM | #5
It is ridiculous that these drop only for certain groups. I prefer solo because of time restraints and I have taken the time since December 2011 to build my crafting up. Now everything I make in game soling or crafting is used for processed isotope stabilizers. This is ridiculous especially on the count you the developers have placed just to advance synthweaving, artifice etc.
I am gone 12 hours a day at work, maybe it is time to stop playting this game and wasting part of my paycheck.

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
07.05.2020 , 04:17 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Cearnach View Post
It is ridiculous that these drop only for certain groups. I prefer solo because of time restraints and I have taken the time since December 2011 to build my crafting up. Now everything I make in game soling or crafting is used for processed isotope stabilizers. This is ridiculous especially on the count you the developers have placed just to advance synthweaving, artifice etc.
I am gone 12 hours a day at work, maybe it is time to stop playting this game and wasting part of my paycheck.
tbh if u spend 1h a week playing this game u cannot really complain about getting less rewards than someone who plays 2, doing solo content is perfectly fine as well, there are rewards the but it's quite logical that doing more difficult content should reward more

incase u weren't aware, swtor is a mmo, maybe u were confused about that?

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

codydmaan's Avatar


codydmaan
07.27.2020 , 03:17 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
tbh if u spend 1h a week playing this game u cannot really complain about getting less rewards than someone who plays 2, doing solo content is perfectly fine as well, there are rewards the but it's quite logical that doing more difficult content should reward more

incase u weren't aware, swtor is a mmo, maybe u were confused about that?
Your right but just because it's a mmo doesn't mean you have to play w other people.

But it is highly recommended you do geoup content you will get more mats
"luke i am ur father....s cousins brothers uncles wifes sisters brothers nefew" ...."so what does that make me?" ....."absolutly nothing"

HighInquisitor's Avatar


HighInquisitor
07.28.2020 , 02:17 AM | #8
You can still get them from some solo flashpoints too. I was getting 4-10 from solo Objective Meridian.
I'm afraid it is you who are mistaken. About a great, many things.

Do the thing. (refer a friend)

stoopicus's Avatar


stoopicus
08.11.2020 , 12:12 AM | #9
I'm glad someone necroed this thread.

So as a returning player leveling all my 600s to 700 in crafting, things seem to have gotten kind of absurdly expensive in Onslaught. Especially around actually making useful gear.

First, there's (at least) two gates - Processed Isotope Stabilizers, which seem to drop from various events but kind of sparingly, and are not on the Jawas.

Second, and more of an issue, is the SRMs. SRM's are (AFAICT) *only* available by meeting weekly conquest, and are pretty meager in comparison to what you actually need to get better schematics. And they are quite expensive on the GTN.

My first reaction is that this totally kills crafting for those not supported by a big guild with lots of cash.

Am I wrong?

RikuvonDrake's Avatar


RikuvonDrake
08.11.2020 , 11:31 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by stoopicus View Post
My first reaction is that this totally kills crafting for those not supported by a big guild with lots of cash.
not really, prices have increased gradually on items since less people farm the content that drops them, Isotopes is easy to explain and i am puzzled how ppl don't figure it out. they generally drop from flashpoints and during the first few months of 6.0 literally everyone ran them and farmed those flashpoints to increase their item level, thus the supply of materials was very high, now the supply is lower cause most people have geared

for the rest of your complains it's more about crafting becoming more useless, augments and kits really are the only things you can get high amount of profits from. sure there are small niche markets for cosmetic armors and there are a few crafters who makes 306 and other items scamming new players on gtn that buys them for several millions, but in reality crafting is just more competitive

gotta having several lvl 50 companions and farm a lot of the materials yourself to make decent profits, or just do insane amounts of quantities and buy cheap materials via gtn/trade chat

if you are crafting gear yourself by the way you are making a mistake, don't do it

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango