Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sin/Shadow 6.0 Changes

BurningGrim
09.03.2019 , 07:38 PM | #1
So ill just kick it off and get to the point.
Shadow Changes for 6.0 Are laughable... honestly I have yet to actually meet a Shadow/sin main who Pvps and has read the changes being made and actually agreed with them

We are glad that changes are being made however for those i do speak for, my friends and myself. you guys are making the wrong changes.

I Know SWTOR is not a PVP game however it does Have PVP in it, and i myself like many other people have been pvping since ranked season 1. back when expertise was a thing. back when Shadow could actually run into a cluster of opponents and be able to get through maybe 6abilities before it was forced on the defensive AKA stealth or Phase walk
Now it was OP and changes were made, you guys took phase walk and it did hurt though we kept going, you lowered our damage and gave us phantom stride. it hurt yet we still kept going. but to add insult to injury or pour salt on a open wound you gave Phase walk to a Sorc/sage... Which many of us shadow players still find annoying. You giving a range class MORE range....and NOT ONLY THAT....you are also giving it to a Slinger and sniper? Theee Most Overpowered classes in the game. and expect Shadows and Sins to combat that when we have no self sustain and now very little to no damage, when they have heals. Rolls, AOEs and now a Phase walk and some of the most Overpowered combat utilities this game as to offer.

And that is just 1 of the classes with a very minor change. however you have Guardians and Juggs getting faster cool downs on there Focused defense/enranged defense. getting 2 leaps and being immune to stuns, multiple Damage reduction buffs.
and various other changes. and tie that in with Sorcs with their multiple AOEs
Free casting and amazing force/energy sustain for lightening spec, force bubble that can heal with the correct utility and if you put it with another utility it will also flash and stun the opponant. with 2 other stuns and phase walk + Alacrity buff multiple heals.
As for the Dot spec, it slows opponants, spreads dots. increased damage by 10% and various other changes that reduce cooldowns of its main DoTs and so on....

Whilst you expect a Shadow/sin with various Minor changes to actually Combat that?
To be able to do more damage and sustain when it has very very awkward and bad defenses No self healing capabilities and a very fragile stealth that Literally every class in the game can get you out off.... with either a lucky AOE or a well placed AOE or 3 deppending on the class

So lets discuss the changes we know off so far that sin/shadow has so far.
Assassin - Shrouding Guard – Force Shroud also applies to any ally you are guarding. = Whoopsie F***ing DO...useless.
Reckless Shadow – Recklessness increases your Force regeneration greatly for a short time. - Again Useless infil/deception has great force management and Hatred is to broken to be actually used.
Multitrap – Mind Trap can now affect up to two targets at once. - USELESS....
Shadow Step – Phantom Stride now has 2 ability charges. <--- Yea ok sure its meh at best

Darkness
Shadow Shroud – Using Force Shroud while Dark Ward is active consumes it, but extends the duration of Force Shroud by a quarter of a second for each Dark Ward stack consumed. - Meh not great.
Shadow Ward – Dark Ward gains 5 additional stacks and Phantom Stride resets its cooldown. - Phantom stride? really? now your just trying to make a glitched ability seem useful.
Redirected Wrath – Wither generates Redirected Wrath stacks per enemy it hits, increasing your damage reduction by 2.5% per stack for 10 seconds. - 2.5? thats it...thats allll you can give? for 2.5% everyone should go guard/jugg then get a better offer then a 2.5% LOL

Deception
Discharging Voltage – Severing Slash causes your next Discharge to arc to multiple targets. - Pointless given how Deception is a 1v1 Burst spec...with NO DAMAGE...
Burning Bolts – When Reaping Strike hits, it causes its target to burn. - OHHH a DoT just what we need..... LOL
High Voltage – Using Voltaic Slash and Lacerate with 2 stacks of Voltage deals additional damage and finishes the cooldown of Ball Lightning. You assume we will live long enough to get 2 stacks of voltage before we are destroyed.... ITS PVE at best. lol

Hatred
Hungering Blade – Critically hitting with Leeching Strike resets its cooldown and increases the critical chance of the next Leeching Strike. Stacks up to 3 times. - Sounds decent and fun. might help fix the Dot
Exhaustion Field – Death Field does 10% more damage to all targets, additional damage to Force Slowed targets, and spreads Force Slow’s effects. - Again with the SLOWS...its a shadow its a MELEE class.....THEY DONT NEED SLOWS..... as your going to be within 1-6 meter distance as thats the range of shadow lol
Thrashing Terror – Creeping Terror has a 10% chance to tick an additional time whenever Thrash deals damage. - Useless...really is... 10% to tick an additional time when thrash deals damage.... i had to repeat that because Thrash? IS TRASH.

I would truly Be surprised if anyone does actually still stick with Shadow/sin for PVP After 6.0 its useless and its getting no love from the Devs compared to the rest.

https://vulkk.com/2019/06/21/swtor-6...actical-items/
https://vulkk.com/2019/07/05/swtor-6...actical-items/

I Just love it when it says Bioware did not disapoint... nah they choked out harder then imperial Admiral. In the star wars movie when they failed Darth Vader.
Bioware you have "Failed me for the last time."

Kirtastropohe
09.04.2019 , 05:48 PM | #2
It would be nice if there was some logic to what they do. These changes do not seem to be anything that will help for PvP, and even in most 1v1 encounters. Very disturbing

lord-angelus
09.04.2019 , 06:44 PM | #3
You wrong at one thing. IT'S GARBAGE FOR PVE TOO! IF THIS CLASS STAYS AT IT FOR DPS IT'S TRASH!!!
EVEN MARA AND JUGGS GETTING MORE OP LACERATE WITH MORE POWER FULL DOTS
So for 6.0 it's not only garbage for pvp, ITS MORE GARBAGE FOR PVE! I MEAN SEVERING SLASH? WHERE I'M GONNA USE SEVERİNG SLASH! We already have a slow why bother with another one!!

ottffsse
09.04.2019 , 07:16 PM | #4
I think Hatred is ok - but nothing spectacular is happening there really - but it will be a decent fluffer, and the lack of DCDs ughh.
Deception is in a bad spot yeah.
ref http://www.swtor.com/r/gFbhFZ Melisen / Sage Zrella / Sorc

Kirtastropohe
09.07.2019 , 02:29 PM | #5
I sincerely hope that when everyone gets to experience 6.0 deception/infiltration, they simply stop playing their toons. I think that's the only thing that's going to make any sort of dent in Dev thinking....to see the class simply stop being used.

Use your alts. If you want melee lightsabers, go with the marauder, for sure. Want mega OP DPS nonsense, get a sniper with all their current crap plus the phase walk they stole from deception then gave to sorcs, then said, heck, we'll piss assassins off even more and give their stolen ability to the class that can roll away anyway.

One thing is for sure. I sure don't have any desire to be around in 6.0 on a class that has seen nothing but the short end of the stick for over 2 years.

RaithHarth
09.07.2019 , 05:31 PM | #6
It just baffles me that Bioware/EA keeps catering to classes like Juggs/Guardians and Mercs/Commandos when they should of the classes that get nerfed, why do Shadows/Assassins always get hit? It makes zero sense.
Don't start the Revolution without me

PVP officer of Saberwing on Ebon Hawk

RookStryfe
09.07.2019 , 07:10 PM | #7
First thing they need to do is remove the 2 stuns from most of the other classes.

Watching classes like jugg, mara, etc chain stun just makes me laugh.

RaithHarth
09.10.2019 , 06:31 PM | #8
So basically 6.0 is the NGE for Sin/Shadows?
Don't start the Revolution without me

PVP officer of Saberwing on Ebon Hawk

Equeliber
09.13.2019 , 12:55 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by RookStryfe View Post
First thing they need to do is remove the 2 stuns from most of the other classes.

Watching classes like jugg, mara, etc chain stun just makes me laugh.
Um, okay and having 3 stuns (because you seem to call mezzes stuns as well) + a stealth stun on Deception is fine?

Mara has one hard stun and one mezz (soft stun) - that's it.

alexzk
09.13.2019 , 12:34 PM | #10
Hmm
Redirected Wrath – Wither generates Redirected Wrath stacks per enemy it hits, increasing your damage reduction by 2.5% per stack for 10 seconds.

Damn, this is will be unkillable tank, trust me. Easy hold of 5-7 enemies as old good times.
But you have to use tank gear of coz, not current fashion all-dps.

I have such on my shadow - all balanced carefully, 2 dps items only. Wipes desception sin 1 vs 1. Can hold 3-4 dds.
With such ability will be able hold 5-7 dds.

I think having that, i can remove mastery which do "30% damage reduction when stunned" and use for something to boost dps of tank. I like it.
There is no ignorance - there is knowledge.