Can we please block players that we do not want to go up against?

-snip-/QUOTE]

Your rant was cute but amounted to a whole lot of smug nothing. Just letting ya know. You don't see anyone complaining.. in a thread where there are people complaining. Nevermidn the official forums being dead until BW screw up and people complain that the weeklies involve GSF again. Last word here, I'm not adding anything myself but it is what it is.

And I appreciate you being thoughtful in your responses Drakkolich, it did help ease the issues with trying to learn it but overall, I just deem it not for me. And there's still a few a**hats on this section of the forums, clearly.

-snip-/QUOTE]

Last word here, I'm not adding anything myself but it is what it is!

.....And there's still a few a**hats on this section of the forums, clearly.

Hahaha XD man you don't even read posts before attempting to write back hahahaha. Keep bringing the salt! You are keeping these forums nicely seasoned.

Last word here! Fergilicious!

• 3 weeks later...

Im thinking, whayt people are saying is....

'Git Gud!!!!!!'

How does one ever 'git gud' at anything?

Practice and trying again and again.

Taking tips, recommendations to heart. And not taking it personal.

There was someone a while back that once said ...

' Do not try. DO.' Something to that effect.

The ONLY thing you can do about someone that is demolishing your team is to wait til that player leaves the server before you queue again, or try another server.

As a pilot that does some rekting now and again, I have a standard. If I rekt people badly 2 matches in a row, I switch servers. And repeat the process (If I rekt there two in a row) I take the night off, or play later.

Some people get off on rekting all night. But, as being rekt, rekting is boring eventually too.

Im not afraid of partnering with noobs, if they want to learn. But, 99.9 percent of the time I solo.

So, its up to you to make the move, ask the questions. Instead of silently being rekt, and not finding the answers, because you arent even attempting to.

Seek and ye shall find.

I do believe that playing against players better than you is a way to learn a lot about how to fly and how to fight. it is not easy at the beginning to fight against them, but you can improve in time. This is what i like in GSF, you do not have fast results, you must work for them.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for the replies. I am not new to GSF, and regularly finish in the top third kills every match (rarely first, but it does happen ;)).

Anyways, I appreciate the discussion, and after reading through points made by you all, you have convinced me that the knee-jerk idea I presented in my OP would probably fail hard.

Going forward, I suppose I will just choose to grind out the first game (I don't like to quit on a group) that a certain ace pops up in who consistently gets 30-37 kills and maybe 1 death most games, and then just not queue for the rest of the night. However, I have not run into that situation for the past couple weeks... so, thanks!

Peace!

Edited by Mord_Sith_Spit

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I had made a screenshot of it, but to my shock I had to realize that it wasn't saved by the game : A few weeks ago I had one GSF match - I don't even know what kind of match, because it was so quickly over - with my team having 50 points and the other 1000. Or was it 5 against 100 ?

Anyway, I pressed the PRINT key to have a screenshot of this, because I knew you wouldn't believe me. And now you don't.

Other matches - it was at the end of a conquest week - were also too fast over. One was over exactly ONE SECOND after i had joined, the other one 30 seconds or so.

If I remember correctly, this hammens when either one team has so much more points than the other team, or when one team has so much less players than the other team.

It still shows, owever, that there appears to be a great gap between good and bad teams, thanks to the matchmaking system.

(I think my server's name is Tulak Hord, but I don't care much about the server's name.)

As I remember, there was in ... I think it was 2016 .. a certain player in the other team in several of my own matches who was called "... the beast" by another player in my team. He was so incredibly good, he crushed my whole team several times one-handedly - or so it seemed to me. He was one of the reasons I gave up GSF.

I still do not believe that getting crushed is a good thing for learning, from an didactical point of view. I have yet to see a person trained in didactics and in psychology comment on the various theories about learning which are floating around in GSF and in PvP communities.

I wish GSF was more like JtL (SWG).

Bioware screwed the space game from the start. Its very hard to develop skills if you are new to GSF. The beasts you are speaking of learned when everyone were noobs and learning. Now they can crush anyone, and in the absence of a PVE mod, the learning curve looks more and more like a wall. GSF is reserved to a few selected players.

especially on the german server tulak hord, there is a very helpfull gsf community,

who is doing a lot of work to help others to improve their gsf skills. just write a message

to the top players and the majority of them will invite you to their teamspeak to help you

with some basic stuff and if you are interested in some more experienced flight schools.

getting dominated by 2-3 players is very easy, if you have mostly unexperienced players.

but like you do with operations, you need some training and guides, to improve your style,

especially because it is totally different to the rest of the game.

I thought I had made a screenshot of it, but to my shock I had to realize that it wasn't saved by the game : A few weeks ago I had one GSF match - I don't even know what kind of match, because it was so quickly over - with my team having 50 points and the other 1000. Or was it 5 against 100 ?

Anyway, I pressed the PRINT key to have a screenshot of this, because I knew you wouldn't believe me. And now you don't.

Other matches - it was at the end of a conquest week - were also too fast over. One was over exactly ONE SECOND after i had joined, the other one 30 seconds or so.

If I remember correctly, this hammens when either one team has so much more points than the other team, or when one team has so much less players than the other team.

It still shows, owever, that there appears to be a great gap between good and bad teams, thanks to the matchmaking system.

(I think my server's name is Tulak Hord, but I don't care much about the server's name.)

As I remember, there was in ... I think it was 2016 .. a certain player in the other team in several of my own matches who was called "... the beast" by another player in my team. He was so incredibly good, he crushed my whole team several times one-handedly - or so it seemed to me. He was one of the reasons I gave up GSF.

I still do not believe that getting crushed is a good thing for learning, from an didactical point of view. I have yet to see a person trained in didactics and in psychology comment on the various theories about learning which are floating around in GSF and in PvP communities.

You are going to have, be involved in bad matches. DOM 1000-5, TDM's 50-2. Its PvP.

As far as your matches ending quickly, a couple things could have happened.

Either someone left a match, or multiple people left a match and you got sucked in before it shut down.

Or, one of the teams didnt have enough players to start the match. Hence the 30 second shut down warning.

It never ends early due to point differential. It either times out, or one of the teams score 1000 points in DOM or 50 in TDM.

And, no it is not fun, nor helpful to be smashed in matches.

You have to remember, those 'aces' started somewhere. And generally wasnt at the top. We all have taken our lumps and gotten better over time. Remember also, when you 'git gud', there are people who will not be good, so that in itself is a 'gap' of skill. There is absolutely nothing, nothing at all one can do about that. Because there will always be people who are the bug, and people who are the windshield. Not being mean, just being truthful.

As far as conquest weeks and bonus days. Generally those days are the worst for quality matches, but boosts the number of pops. This is because people are there to get the benefits of the day, and dont really give a hoot about the game of GSF. Nor, do they wish to learn, at all. They are happy content doing absolutely zero to help in the out come of a win. So, your chances of doing well decrease, because of all the random 'i dont care' people.

Love

Fluxicans

Just like ground pvp, /ignore only prevents players from being on your team, and to be honest, I'm not even sure it carries over into GSF.

A / command or personal list that blocked players from getting matches versus you is heavily exploitable. It would make it easy to grief people. This is a terrible suggestion.

Granted I know this is an old post, but thought I'd clarify this.

/ignore does NOT work in PvP. It only works for PvE. (The old tooltip even stated that.) All ignore does in PvP sadly is not allow you to see the person you're ignoring.

But I can see why it would not keep you from queuing in same group as it's a smaller crowd to choose from & if a group wanted to troll, they'd easily do that.

• 3 months later...
yeah i was trying to get into gsf but i really couldn't. I really enjoyed sf in battlefront 2 and when i heard swtor had a similar game mode i was actually looking forward to it. but im always playing against the same people, same sweaty premades, the difference in score is massive and its not fun, hell, its not fun even when u get these people who are good in your team, you just can't do anything and get carried. these people made me quit gsf, but i gotta admit i didnt see them for a while and when they weren't playing the games were challenging for everyone and fun, even while losing. sadly these people made me quit gsf

Eloquent and to the point.

• 1 month later...

I agree on this.

I want to block anyone who uses a gunship because they are overpowered and quite frankly annoying to play against. You stand no chance against them using other ships. It's just so boring when one guy has 20 kills and the next has 7

I agree on this.

I want to block anyone who uses a gunship because they are overpowered and quite frankly annoying to play against. You stand no chance against them using other ships. It's just so boring when one guy has 20 kills and the next has 7

That has nothing to do with them being in a Gunship. That is player skill, and most likely a Gunship that was allowed to Free cast.

Gunships have weaknesses. Both Scouts and Strikes are very good at killing Gunships. It takes a really good Gunship pilot to evade someone who is only an average Strike pilot. Scout always take more skill, however can easily slaughter a Gunship.

Besides allowing us to ignore someone, and not allowing them into the same match shouldn't have anything to do with how skilled they are. It should only be used for getting rid of the players that intentionally suicide and ruin games for others. The fact people are even considering using it to /ignore players based on skill is proof that BW should never allow this to be implemented into the game. If you see people decimating in a match, you always have the option to do other ingame activities if you know they're online and queu'ing (or ask them questions on how you can improve, so you can eventually get to that skill level).

Edit: another option is to ask to group with them.

Edited by Toraak

Gunships are not overpowered.

It is true that the top gunship pilots would have made it a lot tougher for me in that match. But that only proves it is not that gunships are over powered, but that the top pilots are really hard to beat. If gunships were overpowered, then gunship pilots of lesser skill would be able to match or beat better pilots who are not using gunships.

If you think gunships are overpowered fly one for yourself.

I don't have a solution for the steep learning curve that causes a big skill gap for new pilots. Try to group with other pilots, discuss what went right or wrong, and use the many guides and videos available for learning gsf. Don't forget that you don't just need flying skills, but situational awareness skills. Spam the "r" key to find out the closest enemy, and don't be afraid to run away if badly damaged or low on energy, or even if you don't know where the nearby enemies are. Run towards your teammates, they will be happy to attack anyone chasing you towards them.

The one thing that Bioware should consider doing is improving the tutorial. Let you be able to use any ship in your hangar for the tutorial so you can practice the actual abilities you will be using with those ships. Have the tutorial do occasional missile lockons so you can practice evading, and provide moving targets to practice your shooting. Unfortunately I don't think Bioware has the development budget to spend on that, though I suspect it would not be all that difficult to implement some of these suggestions.

I agree on this.

Are you kidding me? GS is a weakest class in game ATM.

Basically if you was killed by GS its only your fault and your lack of skills.

Edited by Kraysk

I agree on this.

you what now

others have said this but like...

you know you can go shoot the gunship and make them move right

a moving gunship can't shoot you

the game tells you who has damage overcharge. it tells you who kills your teammates. identify the dangerous player and go introduce them to blasters or missiles.

Okay with that out of my system: yeah man gunships crumple under literally any pressure. If you think they're overpowered, you're just kind of letting them shoot you for no reason. Try not doing that.

I agree on this.

Like this has to be trolling, right? I mean, there's no other sensible explanation.