What do you guys think about Expertise?

KonohaFlash

Do you think it has any place in this game and if so how? The reason I'm asking this is because as a new level 5,0 without a great guild to run premade warzones, I keep getting destroyed in Warzones with players stacked in Expertise who aren't even in premades!

I literally do pathetic amounts of damage and the amount of damage I am capable of is easily healed by commandos and Sages who have guard cast on them and their damage shields.

My teammates always tell me to run together with them, but all that happens is I get pulled or stunned and then ganked to death since I'm a easy target(marauder :p)

So,I have taken some other advice from my peers who have told me to run Hard Modes and purchase Cent/Tionese Gear, but the amount of time that I have to invest finding a group and then receiving 1 commendation at the end of a FP, when the gear costs 30+ commendations seems a bit much.

I would easily be able to do this If I had the time, but It's really hard to balance work and other aspects of life together with running HM's every day.

Queuing up for a Warzone is much easier and more fun for me personally, but it's becoming quite a drag with the amount of curb stomping I receive.

Should I just roll an alt or wait and hope for things to get better in regards to gear acquisition? :p

Do your dailies/weeklies, run more warzones to pickup Champion bags. You can't honestly expect to be going into a WZ now, a month after launch and weeks after people have been 50 and farming the gear and just be on par with them all. You need to put in the same amount of effort.

Expertise works as a PvP stat by keeping (most) Tier PvE gear out of PvP and vise versa.

Edited by TradewindNQ

Complete your pvp dailies and Weeklies.

Ilum's are no longer as easy as they where, but in two weeks you should have 400+ expertise.

Expertise is the still easyest gear to get.

Premades aside there always has to be a winner and a loser in a WZ. This hasnt changed since release.

Edited by Spinaltapp

Do you think it has any place in this game and if so how? The reason I'm asking this is because as a new level 5,0 without a great guild to run premade warzones, I keep getting destroyed in Warzones with players stacked in Expertise who aren't even in premades!

I literally do pathetic amounts of damage and the amount of damage I am capable of is easily healed by commandos and Sages who have guard cast on them and their damage shields.

My teammates always tell me to run together with them, but all that happens is I get pulled or stunned and then ganked to death since I'm a easy target(marauder :p)

So,I have taken some other advice from my peers who have told me to run Hard Modes and purchase Cent/Tionese Gear, but the amount of time that I have to invest finding a group and then receiving 1 commendation at the end of a FP, when the gear costs 30+ commendations seems a bit much.

I would easily be able to do this If I had the time, but It's really hard to balance work and other aspects of life together with running HM's every day.

Queuing up for a Warzone is much easier and more fun for me personally, but it's becoming quite a drag with the amount of curb stomping I receive.

Should I just roll an alt or wait and hope for things to get better in regards to gear acquisition? :p

since at 500 expertise it's only a 10% buff/dmg reduction i'd say it's not bad at all

nothing like the piss poor system in rift and as much as people hate expertise i think they forget what it was like being a fresh 50 in emain macha only to run into a RR5+ anything.

If the champion gear and battlemaster gear don't have expertise, do you think a new level 50 will be on equal terms against a guy in full battlemaster?

Expertise has nothing to do with gear progression in this game.

Edited by xxdragonragexx

I believe the reason you are seeing so many people complaining about lvl 50 Qs is they have rerolled an alt to play in the balanced 10-49 bracket that has no expertise. People in general enjoy c ompetition and its definitely a trend on my server Assassins of Sion.

There is no need for expertise and people are beginning to shun gear grind.

Edited by Stellarex

I believe the reason you are seeing so many people complaining about lvl 50 Qs is they have rerolled an although to play in the balanced 10-49 bracket that has no expertise. People in general enjoy c ompetition and its definitely a trend on my server Assassins of Sion.

There is no need for expertise and people are beginning to shun gear grind.

Actually 10-49 is very gear dependant also. Most of my games are very lop sided. Either my team wins 5 or 6 points in huttball or lose 5 or 6 points in huttball. In my 10-49 games, close games hardly happen which basically means, there is a huge imbalance which can be attributed to level, or gear or skill points.

If the champion gear and battlemaster gear don't have expertise, do you think a new level 50 will be on equal terms against a guy in full battlemaster?

Uhm, yes. Because PVP should be about skill, not gear. Expertise is a crutch that was implemented in WoW as "Resilience" because they couldn't find a way to balance PVE gear against PVP players, causing raid geared players to destroy people who were interested only in PVP.

Expertise has ZERO place being in the game at this point, it's too early for it to need it, and it's just making the PVP experience at 50 horrible. The concept that one should have to "suffer" through Warzones to get expertise gear when the current group of expertise gear players got it through destroying 20's in Warzones or exploiting Ilum is laughable.

To be blunt, not a single Battlemaster who has the title and gear right now "earned" it. They were fed it with a silver spoon on the backs of easymode warzones and "free battlemaster day" in Ilum.

Edited by AtmaTheWanderer

since at 500 expertise it's only a 10% buff/dmg reduction i'd say it's not bad at all

nothing like the piss poor system in rift and as much as people hate expertise i think they forget what it was like being a fresh 50 in emain macha only to run into a RR5+ anything.[/quote

Comparing Rr5 to gear grind and expertise rating is absurd the two aren't even related.

Expertise=gear grind when the greater tier armor has more expertise. However gear grind does not =expertise

Actually 10-49 is very gear dependant also. Most of my games are very lop sided. Either my team wins 5 or 6 points in huttball or lose 5 or 6 points in huttball. In my 10-49 games, close games hardly happen which basically means, there is a huge imbalance which can be attributed to level, or gear or skill points.

Sounds like some players are just bad. I mean my lvl 13 was out dmging lvl 40s today. I'd say the imbalance you are experiencing is skill.

Uhm, yes. Because PVP should be about skill, not gear. Expertise is a crutch that was implemented in WoW as "Resilience" because they couldn't find a way to balance PVE gear against PVP players, causing raid geared players to destroy people who were interested only in PVP.

Expertise has ZERO place being in the game at this point, it's too early for it to need it, and it's just making the PVP experience at 50 horrible. The concept that one should have to "suffer" through Warzones to get expertise gear when the current group of expertise gear players got it through destroying 20's in Warzones or exploiting Ilum is laughable.

To be blunt, not a single Battlemaster who has the title and gear right now "earned" it. They were fed it with a silver spoon on the backs of easymode warzones and "free battlemaster day" in Ilum.

+1 People just don't see the massive resemblance its disgusting.

this, PvE players have to do something for their stuff, PvP is just freebies as it currently stands

Sounds like some players are just bad. I mean my lvl 13 was out dmging lvl 40s today. I'd say the imbalance you are experiencing is skill.

Whether I get 8+ medals, top the damage charts, heal more than most healers, practically all my games are lopsided.

Besides damage charts have nothing to do with winning the warzones in this game.