The new augments will cost equal to 840 Euros to equip one single character !

Shinzzun

So I see gigantic amount of players point out the idiocy of the mats needed and time to farm enough to equip 1 character with the needed 14 augments, and that for a Nightmare mode guild it would take around 43 weeks to deck out all the entire raid team with 14 augments each IF it crits EVERY time a crafter makes an augment (big if).

I also seen people talk about the aspect of buying the mats or the augments from the GTN and how it will drive the credits to very few players in the game.

I dont think however many have even looked at what these would go for on GTN. Since I craft and played since start i made some calculations based on all my experience with crafting and the GTN on what the credits and hence equivalent would be in real money (if You buy items from cartel market and sell on GTN and then use credits to buy the augments, are You sitting down ?!

It is 14 x 60 euros = 840 Euros to buy 14 augments from GTN !

That is how UTTER ludacris and utterly insane the mat requirements and hence time investment is to make these augments.

So MORE than an 800 Euro NVIDIA RTX 3080 GPU to deck out ONE character with augments that will be worthless come next expansion.

Or You spent almost a FULL YEAR (43 to 50 weeks) with Your nightmare mode guild EVERY week raiding (that most likely falls apart before that) to get the augments and there might (who knows with Bioware) be another expansion at that time AND do and actually WIN a crazy amount of ranked PVP matches on top of it

Edited by Shinzzun

Sorry but how many credits are you calculating to get to 60 Euros? I don't find this calculation very believable.

Lets be VERY CLEAR, the intention from Bioware (and the reason i did this post) is EXACTLY to make people buy gigantic amount of Cartel Coins to feed EAs greed. That is the SOLE reason for the completely INSANE amount of mats needed and where to obtain them.

they will easily be 550 to 700 plus millions each. I knew the first post would be AMGAAAAD i dont believe You :-)

Just wait and see if current mat requirements go live.

People that think they will be "just" 100 to 200M each are totally deceiving themselves.

I dont think people have properly calculated the time needed for both raiding as well as ranked PVP for a lot of people just to craft ONE single of the new augments.

For the sake of it lets say im wrong and cut it in HALF .... still its 420 EUROS per character... that is still completely insane.

Edited by Shinzzun

Lets be VERY CLEAR, the intention from Bioware (and the reason i did this post) is EXACTLY to make people buy gigantic amount of Cartel Coins to feed EAs greed. That is the SOLE reason for the completely INSANE amount of mats needed and where to obtain them.

they will easily be 550 to 700 plus millions each. I knew the first post would be AMGAAAAD i dont believe You :-)

Just wait and see if current mat requirements go live.

People that think they will be "just" 100 to 200M each are totally deceiving themselves.

I dont think people have properly calculated the time needed for both raiding as well as ranked PVP for a lot of people just to craft ONE single of the new augments.

For the sake of it lets say im wrong and cut it in HALF .... still its 420 EUROS per character... that is still completely insane.

Listen, I totally agree with the premise that BW are doing this to increase CM sales but you're pulling numbers out of your rear end. You can't make a statement at this time with the certainty you have.

I know it will be a lot but you have no way of knowing that 100M is "deceiving themselves" because if they are that costly more people will leave it alone than go for it. For most people it will simply mean they're unattainable and for most players they aren't needed anyway. They only benefit you in warzones and NiM operations to some degree. Most people don't even play that content.

I believe your premise but not your numbers because you have failed to make a proper case for them. As I said, you pulled them out of your rear end and if they were going to cost as much as you suggest then it'll not have the effect BW wants because then most people will just ignore them and leave them be, because they won't spend billions on augments they don't actually need.

I'll be interested what it will do to warzones however...I do foresee a lot of trouble there because regardless of whether they will cost 100M or 700M, a lot of people won't be able to afford them and it has the chance to completely ruin unranked, even more than it is now.

In the end only so many people can afford CM prices, so if anything this will also push more people into the arms of credit sellers. I just hope that most people realise that they don't need these augments and ignore them.

The current epic quality augments was 20 plus millions for LONG time on GTN so why You think the new legendary ones that are roughly 6 times more mats and timewise for both the PVP and PVE part needed and takes about10x more time investment needed to farm the mats (than the old mats), wont be 400M to 500M at least each ??? since You dont pull numbers out your "rear end" as You so eloquently put it :-) Edited by Shinzzun

The current epic quality augments was 20 plus millions for LONG time on GTN so why You think the new legendary ones that are roughly 6 times more mats and timewise for both the PVP and PVE part needed and takes about10x more time investment needed to farm the mats (than the old mats), wont be 400M to 500M at least each ??? since You dont pull numbers out your "rear end" as You so eloquently put it :-)

Op what are the equivalents of these?

1 hour of time = ? of Credits

1 mat = ? of Credits

60 euros = ? Credits

The previous commenter doesn't completely disagree with you. He just doesn't accepted your claim of money/credit cost since your post doesn't supply the data, or equation used to calculate your findings. Therefore it's virtually impossible to replicate or verify the information you're presenting.

Edited by AFadedMemory

lets bet 100 euro that the augments will be 400 to 500M credits each on GTN the first many months ??

now go lookup what 1000 CC worth of cartel market items gets you on the GTN and extrapolate from there

Betting that they will and stating that they will are two different things. You were upset that someone said you pulled the numbers out of nowhere. I was stating why that comment was made. If you want your post to be taken seriously you need to state how much 1000 CC are worth, and how you came to that number, not me.

PS

1000 CC can be worth different amounts of credits depending on what you buy and which server you're using. I recommend you take an average....

Edited by AFadedMemory

The current epic quality augments was 20 plus millions for LONG time on GTN so why You think the new legendary ones that are roughly 6 times more mats and timewise for both the PVP and PVE part needed and takes about10x more time investment needed to farm the mats (than the old mats), wont be 400M to 500M at least each ??? since You dont pull numbers out your "rear end" as You so eloquently put it :-)

What you do not seem to want to understand is that 20M is a price a lot more people can afford than 500M. And when people can't afford them, they're not necessarily going to run to the CM and buy more stuff if they can't afford that in real money either.

So even though they might be 500M at start (cause some people will always try) they will always come down after a week or two. And I don't even think that people who have billions are willing to spend 7 billion credits on augmenting one character.

And no, I'm not pulling figures out of my rear end because I took your numbers to make a point. The 100M is a price point YOU mentioned. So even though all of these numbers are baseless (they could be true in the end but that's just a matter of guessing and not argumentation), I use those numbers to show that these price points are something that people cannot afford and what we see already now is that a lot of people do NOT augment their characters because they find it too expensive already. So that means that even fewer people can afford these augments and so the people who have them will be an even smaller group. And it won't cause everybody to spend more on the CM though I'm sure some people will. But not to cover a 7 billion cost. Hardly anyone will buy them at that cost cause they simply cannot afford them. The hundreds of dollars you quote are out of reach for most people.

Not many people can spend hundreds or thousands of dollars/euros on a game. So they'll either go to credit sellers or give up on them. That is my expectation based on what's already happening with the current augments.

Guys, but WHAT if literally NO ONE cares about those new augments and people completely ignore their existence???

Especially that they are NOT needed to beat any content?

Perhaps then will BW see how "incentivized" the plyers are?

Personally I am not going to spend any minute in game trying to get those mats and whatnots...

it reminds me bullying the ship crew member by ordering to clean the deck with a toothbrush.

Guys, but WHAT if literally NO ONE cares about those new augments and people completely ignore their existence???

Especially that they are NOT needed to beat any content?

Perhaps then will BW see how "incentivized" the plyers are?

Personally I am not going to spend any minute in game trying to get those mats and whatnots...

it reminds me bullying the ship crew member by ordering to clean the deck with a toothbrush.

Well I think a lot of people will react as you say...but there is the matter of PvP where it will make a difference. Do mind that even a small advantage can make you win, particularly when you are on equal footing skill wise. My guess is that ranked PvP'ers will want these augments most of all. And that means the rest will follow because they will feel that they are at a disadvantage.

These ranked PvP'ers will also (as they do now) terrorize unranked queues and this may increase even because they probably think it's hilarious. So it may end up that in unranked warzones this will have the biggest effect since those queues also have a lot of people in them that aren't even augmented at all.

For PvE I think you're right. Though there may be some NiM raiders that will want them and a few others that can't help themselves cause they feel incomplete when they don't have BiS gear. It would be wise to ignore these augments altogether as a player base but I think the ball will start rolling anyway because some PvP'ers are dedicated enough to want to get these at any cost (well any cost they can afford). So they'll do a lot of group ranked to get mats and trade for the NiM mats so they needn't spend a lot of credits on them.

And when they get their sets complete others will feel they have to follow, especially if they keep losing against those who do have them (regardless of whether that's the reason for losing or not). In the end now the dailies and weeklies are about wins and not matches played. That's both a good and a bad thing and with this in mind it might be more of a bad thing.

Well I think a lot of people will react as you say...but there is the matter of PvP where it will make a difference. Do mind that even a small advantage can make you win, particularly when you are on equal footing skill wise. My guess is that ranked PvP'ers will want these augments most of all. And that means the rest will follow because they will feel that they are at a disadvantage.

These ranked PvP'ers will also (as they do now) terrorize unranked queues and this may increase even because they probably think it's hilarious. So it may end up that in unranked warzones this will have the biggest effect since those queues also have a lot of people in them that aren't even augmented at all.

For PvE I think you're right. Though there may be some NiM raiders that will want them and a few others that can't help themselves cause they feel incomplete when they don't have BiS gear. It would be wise to ignore these augments altogether as a player base but I think the ball will start rolling anyway because some PvP'ers are dedicated enough to want to get these at any cost (well any cost they can afford). So they'll do a lot of group ranked to get mats and trade for the NiM mats so they needn't spend a lot of credits on them.

And when they get their sets complete others will feel they have to follow, especially if they keep losing against those who do have them (regardless of whether that's the reason for losing or not). In the end now the dailies and weeklies are about wins and not matches played. That's both a good and a bad thing and with this in mind it might be more of a bad thing.

Oh I perfectly understand your reasoning but with my post i just wanted to appeal exactly to those who may "feel" they need those augs. Nope they don't, as everyone can see we are all doing fine without them.

So the BW plan is truly devious one, counting on basic instincts of some "ranked PVP-ers" or few NIM raiders who "might" want them, to kill particular boss 1,4598 sec faster.

Oh I perfectly understand your reasoning but with my post i just wanted to appeal exactly to those who may "feel" they need those augs. Nope they don't, as everyone can see we are all doing fine without them.

So the BW plan is truly devious one, counting on basic instincts of some "ranked PVP-ers" or few NIM raiders who "might" want them, to kill particular boss 1,4598 sec faster.

Well put, I couldn't agree more.

Well put, I couldn't agree more.

I concur and agree a 1000 promille I have supported this game on multiple accounts and with literally plus thousand Euro on CC store to keep game running, even went along with the horrible grind in 5.10 for new gear that was quickly made worthless short after by the 6.0 announcement. Also accepted all the terrible decisions from dev team and new game design lead after another that showed they are completely out of sync with they paying customers and extremely arrogant on top of it all.

But for the reason You both mentioned I have to say a more devious, completely transparent (as they have zero respect for their paying customers) contempt and what should be an April fools or a bad attempt to troll by Bioware is in fact a serious change to the game from their side.

This is so contemptuous and respectless and flat out provocating towards the players that we shouldn't even be discussing with the developers if the mat amounts are reasonable or not ! they should be lowered by at least 75 to 80 % across the board.

Did the corona lockdown in Austin and lack of fresh air damage something in the cortex ?! or is it just a big F%&¤&%¤ You to their loyal customers !?

Op what are the equivalents of these?

1 hour of time = ? of Credits

1 mat = ? of Credits

60 euros = ? Credits

The previous commenter doesn't completely disagree with you. He just doesn't accepted your claim of money/credit cost since your post doesn't supply the data, or equation used to calculate your findings. Therefore it's virtually impossible to replicate or verify the information you're presenting.

Lets take a look at current GTN prices for 6.0 crafted legendary gear shall we...

The 6.0 legendary gear has been almost 11 month to come down in price on GTN since release of 6.0 that introduced these ! a chest piece of the 304 to 306 gear costs 14M as lowest price on GTN as of today and the mats needed to craft these is around 5x lower than the new augments (timewise to acquire) multiply the 14M by 5 and you get = 70M which is equal to the cost of a Black and Black dye module on Cartel store that costs 1500 CC to buy ! Again this is after almost a FULL YEAR since you could craft these items we compare with ! they where at 200M for many months (first 4 months after 6.0 they where not even on GTN as people had not farmed enough yet to craft them)

So lets say after 1 year of the upcoming patch You can equip ONE character with 14 augments for 70M x 14 = 980 000 000 credits or equivalent of 1500 x 14 CC coins = 21000 CC, that is, after around a year after the new patch is released ! at which point a new expansion has made them obsolete..before that while they are still RELEVANT You will pay around 3 times that or 63000 CC for 14 augments, now go and see what it costs to buy 63000 CC

So lets say after 1 year of the upcoming patch You can equip ONE character with 14 augments for 70M x 14 = 980 000 000 credits or equivalent of 1500 x 14 CC coins = 21000 CC, that is, after around a year after the new patch is released ! at which point a new expansion has made them obsolete..before that while they are still RELEVANT You will pay around 3 times that or 63000 CC for 14 augments, now go and see what it costs to buy 63000 CC

You seem to be assuming that the only way to get credits is to buy them with "Euros" or other real life money.

You are also assuming the price for the Augments on the GTN, which is subject to change.

That would obviously be a worst case scenario. Most people - of the few who actually feel they need or want these augments - would use a combination of PvP and PvE drops, and credits gained by various needs, including using their monthly CC grant to buy things to sell on the GTN.

Even given your calculations, I could buy 12 or 13 of them with the credits I have on hand. Yes, I know I would then have no credits, but really, things like this ARE what credits are for.

Edited by JediQuaker

You seem to be assuming that the only way to get credits is to buy them with "Euros" or other real life money.

You are also assuming the price for the Augments on the GTN, which is subject to change.

That would obviously be a worst case scenario. Most people - of the few who actually feel they need or want these augments - would use a combination of PvP and PvE drops, and credits gained by various needs, including using their monthly CC grant to buy things to sell on the GTN.

Even given your calculations, I could buy 12 or 13 of them with the credits I have on hand. Yes, I know I would then have no credits, but really, things like this ARE what credits are for.

Sorry to be so frank... either You have just started playing this game ..or You have played it a long time but still has zero clue on prices an GTN....the monthly 500 CC ?! HAHAHAHAHAH 30000 divided by 500 is are You ready ? 60 Months or 5 years ! and no people wont jjust be "farming" these casually in ranked PVP or Nim Ops in a fast easy peasy way LOL :D and Your "pocket allowance" of credits You saved in your Spaceships "piggybank" wont evben buy you 2 of the new augments

I'm sorry, but while I think adding these is a waste of development resources and totally unnecessary, and while I also vehemently disagree with the method of acquisition, anyone that spends real money to buy these is an idiot. Edited by DawnAskham

I'm sorry, but while I think adding these is a waste of development resources and totally unnecessary, and while I also vehemently disagree with the method of acquisition, anyone that spends real money to buy these is an idiot.

I agree with you ! Yet.. there are MANY idiots spending real money to support this game via CC store such as me that spend several thousand Euros over last years..yes im an IDIOT for supporting these arrogant devs for so many years with my hard earned money :-(

To Bioware staff in Austin:

ENOUGH DEVS ! START LISTENING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS FOR ONCE ! and STOP this completely out of touch way of introducing LAZY and quick "content" such as this is an OBVIOUS attempt to do ! Look up my purchase history as You can and see the several thousand Euros (look up the other account i played on also im sure You can find it) i spent, and stop treating us like we are so ignorant to what you are trying to do here !

PLEASE HAVE SOME MORE RESPECT for Your paying customers !

Yes im that disappointed and frankly angry at all these companies ******** on their paying customers (NVIDIA with their RTX 3080 disaster included)

Edited by Shinzzun

I'm sorry, but while I think adding these is a waste of development resources and totally unnecessary, and while I also vehemently disagree with the method of acquisition, anyone that spends real money to buy these is an idiot.

There are plenty of idiots in this game, we see them everyday. The issue is, some pvp'rs are going to get them to give them an edge, because they want to be on top, which means others, will have to get them too. You'll also have the people who get them, but want to farm the mats for lots of extra credits, etc. Either way, they will cause an issue in ranked. You'll also have the trolls who'll go to unranked, and cause even more hassle, or even just the unranked payers with billions of credits, who'll use them for an advantage there. (I've no idea how much of an advantage they will be, but people will do crazy things for a small advantage)

Once these are on the shelves, there is going to be a run on them, same as always when the new stuff comes out.

Do we generally assume you should be able to fully 100% min max character within certain time window? What would be bad about sort of infinite scaling like this? You don't need yellow augments to beat the top content and so with this "grind" to be so long, it makes you always have a room to improve to character even months into the expansion.

I don't necessary see that as a bad thing and that comes from someone who can easily be a whale and just buy 1000 bucks worth of cartel coins.

Do we generally assume you should be able to fully 100% min max character within certain time window? What would be bad about sort of infinite scaling like this? You don't need yellow augments to beat the top content and so with this "grind" to be so long, it makes you always have a room to improve to character even months into the expansion.

I don't necessary see that as a bad thing and that comes from someone who can easily be a whale and just buy 1000 bucks worth of cartel coins.

I think the issue has more sides to it than one:

1) The direction SWTOR has been taking since 5.0. This is quite the opposite

2) The fact that it takes both group ranked and NiM mats

3) The point that it takes a long time to even get one character geared with these augments when probably we will get the next expansion by the end of next year

So what are the issues then with respect to these points:

1) The direction the game has taken since 5.0 is to make it easier for many more people to get BiS gear on as many alts as possible. Due to the lack of significant other content, this has become a thing to do for many people. Now they suddenly can't. This is a shock deviation from the general trend. Agree with it or not, it is a deviation and suddenly people can't gear up their alts within a reasonable amount of time.

2) This is at the core of many complaints. NiM and Ranked PvP are very much niche content and very few people actually play both. So this is a point of concern. If both activities dropped the same mat and you could pick your preferred gameplay then it would be ok. The point that you can buy the mats off the GTN is a poor excuse. They will cost lots of money and if you do a lot of NiM Ops or ranked warzones you have little time to get the credits together for that. Not all of these players are filthy rich after all.

3) The grind is long and too long for it be reasonable considering there's only a year or so to get these. If you have 10 alts then it's virtually impossible to do. So that by design doesn't make it worth it. If it's not worth it, why introduce it at all?

Edited by Tsillah

Sorry to be so frank... either You have just started playing this game ..or You have played it a long time but still has zero clue on prices an GTN....the monthly 500 CC ?! HAHAHAHAHAH 30000 divided by 500 is are You ready ? 60 Months or 5 years ! and no people wont jjust be "farming" these casually in ranked PVP or Nim Ops in a fast easy peasy way LOL :D and Your "pocket allowance" of credits You saved in your Spaceships "piggybank" wont evben buy you 2 of the new augments

If you are going to be so frank, you should also try to be correct. 🙂

My reference to the 500 CC monthly grant was suggesting that you use those CC to buy things from the CM to then sell on the GTN to make credits, thusly avoiding some r/l currency spending. I have no clue where your 30,000 CC thing comes from - just another random figure pulled from your butt apparently 🤔

I'm also not sure where the "pocket allowance" reference comes from, but I'm pretty sure the 880+ million credits I have in my "piggy bank" could buy more than 2 of the new augments. 😂

And, to be frank, you must be kinda new here or you wouldn't suggest that I, a "Founder", am new. 😂

Edited by JediQuaker

If you are going to be so frank, you should also try to be correct. 🙂

My reference to the 500 CC monthly grant was suggesting that you use those CC to buy things from the CM to then sell on the GTN to make credits, thusly avoiding some r/l currency spending. I have no clue where your 30,000 CC thing comes from - just another random figure pulled from your butt apparently 🤔

I'm also not sure where the "pocket allowance" reference comes from, but I'm pretty sure the 880+ million credits I have in my "piggy bank" could buy more than 2 of the new augments. 😂

And, to be frank, you must be kinda new here or you wouldn't suggest that I, a "Founder", am new. 😂

If You are a founder then You are the second option i mentioned in my previous post, just plain and utterly ignorant (diplomatic word for stupid)

What is it with some people lately, You see it every day with the people insisting on infecting other people with COVID because they have a "right" to go to Yoga class and cough on everyone like a TB patient in stage 4, or insisting that earth is flat and other things we left behind in the dark middle ages.......

How can You completely miss all the points made in this thread and just thunder on with your unrelated comments, and think it even matters what You write.

You are in a totally self-absorbed echo chamber :rolleyes:

Know what, the only good thing about next patch is the legacy ignore function that also extends to the forums, so no matter what server You are on or which sub forum, i dont have spent any energy on even seeing your ignorance.