Who's the Emperor?

Selvec

he wants to know who the emperor is in this game, not some fan fic about himself.

It's not a fan fic, its a dossier on the Emperor. And no, he was not Abeloth (who was female). But Tenebrae, the illegitimate son of Lord Dramath of Medriaas who took the title soon before the Great Hyperspace War and after that took the survivors of the war to Dromund Kaas. The reason he is so powerful is because he performed a ritual on his home planet of Medriaas (which became Nathema - being from anathema meaning cursed) which killed everything on the planet and made him 'immortal'.

It just sounds so much like Abeloth though, I mean, doesn't Abeloth also possess beings. Could be the ritual simply allows Abeloth to posses him. I mean, feeding on force users, wanting to destroy EVERYTHING. Being ridiculously powerful. Its all mainstays of Star Wars biggest baddest evil, which from point dot is Abeloth.

It would suck. Because you know, Abeloth is boring and a parody of a D&D monster, but still.

Abeloth at this point is imprisoned within the Maw still, and as far as I know, there is no way to get out. What we know is that the Emperor is a man, he is old, and he is very powerful due to his Mastery of the Dark Side. That is all certain.

Abeloth at this point is imprisoned within the Maw still, and as far as I know, there is no way to get out. What we know is that the Emperor is a man, he is old, and he is very powerful due to his Mastery of the Dark Side. That is all certain.

I can see a few holes in there though. Possessing someone doesn't change their physical appearance, which is something Abeloth does, possession I mean. That he's old just means he aged. That he is very powerful can be attributed to Abeloth.

I'd say the biggest thing is that SW has proven before they have no issue with using bits of extended universe and completely ignoring others. Example, Chiss being involved with the sith at this point in history, Rakata being involved at all, Sith purebloods existing in this time period etc etc. Bioware is infamous for taking things it likes, and ignoring others, just like LucasArts.

I'm not gonna discount the emperor being Abeloth. I wouldn't also believe anything regarding the emperor's indentity unless it's a confirmed legit Lucas Arts/Disney or Bioware resource. Not extended universe.

Edited by Selvec

I can see a few holes in there though. Possessing someone doesn't change their physical appearance, which is something Abeloth does, possession I mean. That he's old just means he aged. That he is very powerful can be attributed to Abeloth.

I'd say the biggest thing is that SW has proven before they have no issue with using bits of extended universe and completely ignoring others. Example, Chiss being involved with the sith at this point in history, Rakata being involved at all, Sith purebloods existing in this time period etc etc. Bioware is infamous for taking things it likes, and ignoring others, just like LucasArts.

I'm not gonna discount the emperor being Abeloth. I wouldn't also believe anything regarding the emperor's indentity unless it's a confirmed legit Lucas Arts/Disney or Bioware resource. Not extended universe.

The Emperor is not simply possessing people. He is filling them with his essence. They do not change, they hollow out and are instead filled with the Emperor's power, allowing him to act as he sees fit. Abeloth didn't possess people so much as warp their minds and drive them insane. Abeloth was more of a mimic, taking on the forms of whoever and whatever she wished until her true form had been revealed. The Emperor simply fills a person with his essence and allows them to become his Voice.

As for the Chiss, they were never truly fleshed out until Timothy Zahn created them, and we still know next to nothing of their own history, hierarchy, planets, and people. We have yet to truly see anything written or told from a Chiss standpoint which really means that they could have been involved witb the Empire at this point in time, we simply didn't know. Records get lost, and destroyed, and for all we know, the Republic could have had records on file of the Chiss from this war that got destroyed or corrupted in some other conflict. Since the Empire holds all the records regarding the Chiss species, it's plausible that those records were lost when the Empire fell.

The Sith Purebloods could exist at this point in time as well. The original Tales of the Jedi didn't go into the depth of the counter attack against the Sith that the Republic unleashed. Instead, it ended when Sadow led a failed attack against Onderon and was repelled back into Sith space where he was destroyed by his rival. From what I remember, they expanded on the Great Hyperspace War quite a bit in the histories, where the Tales story was actually rather short. Not to mention that Korriban was not the only planet that the Sith inhabited, their Empire was very large, so who's to say that some didn't survive somewhere else? The Lost Tribe of the Sith on Kesh confirms this, though those Sith were all wiped out by Humans.

What we know is that the Emperor is a man, he is old, and he is very powerful due to his Mastery of the Dark Side. That is all certain.

According to the "Revan" novel by Drew Karpyshyn, The emperor is also immortal (as in, cannot die to old age). The novel is a good read if you want to know more about the emperor (not all though, but some information).

(I've yet to play the jedi knight story through..)

Edited by Karkais

Well it's not Abeloth so we don't really have to worry here. His identity has already been confirmed. :p Oh and too my knowledge BioWare created the Rakata race so they can do whatever they want with it. And I see no reason why pureblood and chiss cant exist at this time.

But really though, it's not Abeloth. BW aren't going piggy back post ROTJ lore that is probably going to become noncanon when the new films are released.