Resolve is a Joke and Expetise is worse

-Ashton-

1.2 has boosted the casual gamer.

You dont even need to put any thought into your modifications because all you need to do is stack this one stat.

The difference between the good and the best players pre 1.2 was the thought and process of testing put into certain enhancement/mods and augments stacking.

for example: Player A (casual gamer). achieves full battle master set, doesnt bother re-placing anything, doesnt take any notice of stat soft caps/hard caps. Doesnt use hybrid skill tree. Considered fully geared and content.

Player B: (Harcore gamer). Achieves full battle master set. Strips unessecary mods. Replaces with earnt or bought mods and enhancements. Take not of soft and hard caps, tests in pvp. Take more time and spend alot more money. But content and alot more individual.

Now with expertise being so powerfull, being a solo stat that effectively take priority boosting of damage AND defense AND healing. Re-modding gear as of right now is not effective at all, and ive tried it trust me, ive already spent 4 million remodding and trying several setups with and without and 50/50 expertise stacking.

This change has enabled the casual carebare gamer, imho, to put little effort into there spec and are now completely run by there class as a result.

This lack of diversity and inability to be so different from the next "juggernaut" "sorc dps" "merc healer" etc etc is forcing the better player to quit. If i wanted to play a straightline you are what you choose game, id go back FPS games.

As far as resolve is concerned, its a mess. It doest build up quick enough, it doesnt last long enough. How the **** can you not consider immobilize and root as level cc abilities.

There is too much instant cc spam by cascual players without thought, usually whilst force backpeddling. But this spam is even forcing tanks to drop whilst in stuns or move about 3 meters then dieing.

Now this clearly has not been tested. There is no way any good player would of wanted this crap. Most healers are either re-spec'in to dps or in my guilds case, quitting the game as of 1.2 along with the majority of better players who feel shafted by the huge change to pvp.

So, people being competitive is a bad thing? If you are that much better than those casuals, you will still kill them with even gear.

I think you are missing the point. If I wanted to play a game that only had things like: HADOUKEN!, I'd play it.

However, this is an MMO with (gear)progression. I for one like trying out different things when you have multipe options, it gives diversity in the game. The way it is now, there is only 1 option. I am not asking for huge (gear) disparities, but options that are equally better, but match your personal playstyle.

The way it is now, you can't have anything but full expertise, which takes out using a brain in an MMO in my opinion.

Hmm..so changing mods using BM items from other sets now is impossible? Funny, because amount of expertise on them is exactly the same between classes and you can still customize your equip depending on what you want to achieve.

Sure, you have to do this again if you did that before 1.2 patch, but to be honest I dont see a good solution of this problem, either people who wanted to keep changed mods will QQ or those who didnt wanted to keep them will QQ.

BM items are now cheap, so doing mods/ench swaps again should not take much time for those "pro pvpers" - they should win most of their WZs anyway, because you know, they are so good.

Well, using your brain......there are 8 other ACs with X number of specs. One of them will have a mod/augment/crystal that better suits your stat preference, while keeping expertise.

Or whine that bioware wont give you options. Both are good.

• 2 years later...

They killed diversity in this game with the last skill point change. So if you like a challenge of a split ability tree you are just screwed. There is only one way for each class to be the best now in ability points, gear, and augments. They basically took an interesting game and made it all the same. You will always have a few people that even with the best gear will still play badly and vise a versa, however, for the average good player there is only 1 way. The game has gone into the crapper.

The resolve is just about the dumbest thing I've ever seen. You will be full resolve and be getting bounced around and pulled back and forth multiple times. I was bounced and pulled 4 different directions in the last huttball at one time. Where the Hell is the resolve? Sooner or later it should kick in, but, not for me. Some how it works great for those random ops/scoundrels that can hop zippety bop across the entire board in less than 15 seconds, but, for tanks... You're just ****ed.

Well, using your brain......there are 8 other ACs with X number of specs. One of them will have a mod/augment/crystal that better suits your stat preference, while keeping expertise.

Or whine that bioware wont give you options. Both are good.

Pretty sure he is saying it doesn't make a difference what mods you change out. Basically the differences even when mods/augs are changed is insignificant. I think this has always been pretty much the case, tbh. If you are the type of player who obsesses over statistical changes through mods and stuff, and getting superior results via tweaking a mod here, an aug there etc., I really don't think swtor is that game.

Bolster eliminates that puposefully, so no one has a vast advantage over others. I also believe the "numbers" you see on the stat character sheet are bogus. When I played a toon with zero mods in showing 12% armor then stuck mods in, and it showed 45% armor, then compared my results in PVP and seen no difference at all, I was dubious of what I was reading on the character sheet. The numbers definitely did not match my warzone performances.