Swoop race on Dantooine

demotivator

You avoid a mine. Someone next to you doesn't and blows up. You get knocked and snared with them.

Why exactly is this happening? If this is not my mistake why in the hell am I penalized?

That event definitely needed more thought before going live.

Edited by demotivator

You avoid a mine. Someone next to you doesn't and blows up. You get knocked and snared with them.

Why exactly is this happening? If this is not my mistake why in the hell am I penalized?

That event definitely needed more thought before going live.

Don't drive beside people :):)

j/k, a lot of **** seems to have happened with this event, maybe next time, it'll be better

I think it is a pretty realistic thought that when a big mine is exploding right next to you, you'll also get affected by the blast even though you were not the one triggering it. It might be annoying at times, but I'm actually glad that, since there is no Swoop Racing PvP and all the other players are basically non-existent as your competitors, there is at least one instance where you have to be mindful of them.

It's unfortunate that the hitbox is smaller than the area of effect, a sort of danmaku(1) in reverse.

(1) Also known as "bullet hell", a genre of Japanese arcade video games with huge sprays of relatively slow-moving projectiles, where the player's ship is mostly immune to being hit, except for a small hit box in the middle, much smaller than the ship's sprite. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoot_%27em_up#Bullet_hell