Soultiger: Jedi Shadow KC PVP Trailer

NickEwok

Soultiger

Jedi Covenant

the **Watchmen** guild

Made a short teaser trailer showcasing the traditional 31/0/10 KC Shadow build performing in 1.6, and will be adding a lot more footage playing a few different hybrid specs. First video and montage I have made, feel free to question, comment, and critique. Hope you all enjoy.

Soultiger

Jedi Covenant

the **Watchmen** guild

Made a short teaser trailer showcasing the traditional 31/0/10 KC Shadow build performing in 1.6, and will be adding a lot more footage playing a few different hybrid specs. First video and montage I have made, feel free to question, comment, and critique. Hope you all enjoy.

Mhhhhhhhhhereahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I want a full vide-ya

Will try lower res. Please feel free everyone to post your thoughts, opinions, and ideas. Newer footage will contain 23/1/17, and 27/0/14 dueling footage. I will also be doing a gear layout and have elite war hero min/max gear builds. If there is anything specific you want to see or that I have missed, please comment below or on the youtube page. Edited by NickEwok

To each their own. I always found the timers to be a hindrance for shadow PvP and most PvP play due to average lifespan,and short game duration. Cooldown timers can be useful for classes such as healers, and tanks with well timed defensive cooldowns in PVE, but in PvP, I just do not see the value for jedi shadows (dps)

Soultiger

Jedi Covenant

the **Watchmen** guild

That was really great performance!

The last part in particular. Where two of you barely managed to defeat one assassin.

Am I the only one that finds any darkness/KC build incredibly boring to play and watch? It just seems slow and clunky and I really only play it for rateds.

Darkness/KC just has a slow playstyle by default. So what you speak of, may happen. However, there's still an indication of skill factor from player to player.

That was really great performance!

The last part in particular. Where two of you barely managed to defeat one assassin.

Ohhhh you mean the part where the same "assassin" (check the name) I 1 v 1 'd in the clip before came back and attacked a random half recruit geared healer which I had guarded?

You should actually view and comprehend the footage first before you post another failed attempt at condescending sarcasm.

Edited by NickEwok

Am I the only one that finds any darkness/KC build incredibly boring to play and watch? It just seems slow and clunky and I really only play it for rateds.

it is the most boring build and the the one that works great for rankeds

but infiltration is awsome for the ancient map

field respec

Hey Soultiger, nice Video. As someone who just recently returned to the game and is very interested in playing a shadow, I would really like to see a guide about interface and keybind setups.

I see you and Shin both play with 3 skill bars. Are you leaving some useless skills off the bars? I ask because I have come back and been playing my Sentinel some and it just seems like I have a ton of buttons.

Thanks!

Darkness/KC just has a slow playstyle by default. So what you speak of, may happen. However, there's still an indication of skill factor from player to player.

That's my only issue is the playstyle. Madness is fairly fast pace seeing you need to keep track of procs and since its mega squishy you need to be on your toes for the entire match. Love deceptions play style, very fast in your face definitely my most favorite spec to play but due to the fact that the hybrid is the only wanted spec we can play for rateds I play that for a few matches every day so I don't lose "it".

field respec

First thing I got when 1.5 came out was the field respec...use this feature multiple times every day.

Concerning the dislikes, please read the comment posted by a rather disturbed individual:

"darkgemworld 18 hours ago

HAHAHA ****** I DISLIKE THIS 9 TIMES LOSER A WEEK AGO JUST TO LET YOU *** IVE BEEN WATCHING ALL THE WATCHMEN ****** EVEN THOUGH I QUIT AND THX FOR MAKING IT UN RATED DID IT NEO AS WELL *** SHINKIRA KAMDUS AND LION IDGAF BOUT THEY HAVE 2 MANY VIDEOS CUZ THERE A NO LIFE *****ES LITTLE ******* ALSO I BET WHEN UR READING HTIS YOU WILL DELETE CUZ UR A LITTLE ***** 30 YEAR OLD WHO WONT APPORVE THIS,,,, WELL ALL MY HATERS OUR ACTUALLY LOVERS SO BYE TROLOLOLOL"

Concerning the dislikes, please read the comment posted by a rather disturbed individual:

"darkgemworld 18 hours ago

HAHAHA ****** I DISLIKE THIS 9 TIMES LOSER A WEEK AGO JUST TO LET YOU *** IVE BEEN WATCHING ALL THE WATCHMEN ****** EVEN THOUGH I QUIT AND THX FOR MAKING IT UN RATED DID IT NEO AS WELL *** SHINKIRA KAMDUS AND LION IDGAF BOUT THEY HAVE 2 MANY VIDEOS CUZ THERE A NO LIFE *****ES LITTLE ******* ALSO I BET WHEN UR READING HTIS YOU WILL DELETE CUZ UR A LITTLE ***** 30 YEAR OLD WHO WONT APPORVE THIS,,,, WELL ALL MY HATERS OUR ACTUALLY LOVERS SO BYE TROLOLOLOL"

This comment perfectly sums up the internet.

Except for cats. Needs more cats.

field respec

I agree. KC is mainly casting with only 2 real melee abilities that are worth wild being double strike, and spinning strike. This ends up making the play style utilize a lot of casting, kiting, and LOS. KC has been long out-shined in 1v1 and even group scenarios by a few different hybrid specs:

27/0/14- Ideal for 1 v 1 scenarios

23/1/17 - Ideal for group play to maximize damage, mainly just swaps slow time for Force in balance which is a much harder hitting and placed ability.

Infil is one of the most enjoyable and fun to play (and watch) specs for shadows, though needs some improvement before readily playable again.

Hey Soultiger, nice Video. As someone who just recently returned to the game and is very interested in playing a shadow, I would really like to see a guide about interface and keybind setups.

I see you and Shin both play with 3 skill bars. Are you leaving some useless skills off the bars? I ask because I have come back and been playing my Sentinel some and it just seems like I have a ton of buttons.

Thanks!

Thank you and great question. I am new to video making and have longed to make a bind and setup video. To answer your first question regarding binds I personally use a Razer Naga, which has a total of 17 buttons. Only down side is since my entire rotation and movement are all on the same device, pressing hard or quickly will often jolt your screen, making it seem shaky (which happens in my video). For my first bar I keep it as a basic 1-12 setup, and row 2 is Shift+1-12. With my fingers placed on WASD my shift key is easily manageable though I use a 17"laptop . 3rd bar will generally have abilities not used in combat and abilities used before combat. CTRL+ works fine, but depends on your keyboard. This may not be optimal but is most comfortable for myself.

When binding I generally only bind what is necessary and frequently situational. Things like Stances, Meditate I leave to the side (though when using mind maze it doesn't hurt to heal up a bit ). It is always good to get rid of clutter on your screen and in your hotbars, though there are abilities and adrenals that are not priority that I use time and time again in WZS which I make sure to have on hand.

Interfacing is great in this game as everything can be made custom. One of the most important things I cannot stress enough is to have excellent placement of enemy cast bars for interrupts, and to keep your character bar extremely visible and easy to see. This will help when waiting for procs and to see what debuffs/buffs are on you without having to search your screen. In the end it is what is comfortable for you.

First thing I got when 1.5 came out was the field respec...use this feature multiple times every day.

Yes, yes, and more yes. The best way to learn and know your class is to play every spec, and keep things fresh. Even if at times your a trying a build that is not optimal you never know what new hybrid spec is waiting to be discovered. Field respec will certainly add some spice to your daily pvp return, do what you can to keep it interesting!

[/i]

Believe it or not, the person who said this is a nice kid. He has had some hard times online, and as we all know from these forums and everyone on the internet, If there is an opportunity to put down, belittle, condescend, or make fun of someone there are people who log on everyday waiting to bash others (and sadly most if not all are adults or people who should know better.) I don't take offense to his comment and I know it is nothing personal. Hes just a kid who has been trolled by people on our server and I get it. No harm done.

Edited by NickEwok

Believe it or not, the person who said this is a nice kid. He has had some hard times online, and as we all know from these forums and everyone on the internet, If there is an opportunity to put down, belittle, condescend, or make fun of someone there are people who log on everyday waiting to bash others (and sadly most if not all are adults or people who should know better.) I don't take offense to his comment and I know it is nothing personal. Hes just a kid who has been trolled by people on our server and I get it. No harm done.

Nonsense. There are no nice kids by definition.