Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

toatokua
07.02.2015 , 06:10 AM | #5661
Hello all, I have a continuation of Helksan's backstory, describing how he came to leave the sith. Thank you all for the feedback.
Spoiler

Author's note
Spoiler

Lunafox
07.02.2015 , 01:54 PM | #5662
I'm slowly getting caught up. Yay me!

Love what I'm seeing, and welcome to all the new and returning faces!

One comment so far, for Feldraeth

Spoiler
Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

Diviciacus
07.02.2015 , 03:52 PM | #5663
Hey, I'm back after events outside my control.

*cough* Anyway. I seem to have a lot of catching up to do.

Commentarii (There are TOR spoilers in here, caveat lector):
Spoiler

Now, it's time for one new story (I have another but it's unfinished >>)

Title: This New Dawn's Light
Prompt: Turning Point, Tools of the Trade
Characters: Apokteina
Chronology: Uhh, I'm not sure? Chronologically, it's prior to the BH prelude but it describes events proceeding the flashback from "Family" and is meant to be read afterwards. I'm sorry for making your job difficult, Alaurin
Spoilers: Vague BH prelude, maybe a little Republic Nar Vegas world story.
Words: 2561

Spoiler

Notationes Auctorii (contains BH Quesh spoilers):
Spoiler
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Oliverthefighter
07.02.2015 , 04:09 PM | #5664
@Diviciacus
His decision to join was less one event and more a combination of all the stuff that goes on.

Lunafox
07.02.2015 , 06:51 PM | #5665
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post
I would reserve judgement for now; I just come off a 72 hour RO, which was handed out more than a week after the post that incurred it. Although I hope Feldraeth doesn't get banned!
I hope not. I thought the story was great, but just in case, this is a screenshot a friend passed on to me, where someone asked Eric if it's ok to do the sexxxy violent stuff in the Fanfic forum. I consider this a get out of jail free card...but I guess it just depends on what is done. I think it should be fine, the language was tastefully laid out and not crude, I think that's key.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...psnstclclg.jpg
Koona t'chuta, Solo?

Diviciacus
07.02.2015 , 07:17 PM | #5666
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
I hope not. I thought the story was great, but just in case, this is a screenshot a friend passed on to me, where someone asked Eric if it's ok to do the sexxxy violent stuff in the Fanfic forum. I consider this a get out of jail free card...but I guess it just depends on what is done. I think it should be fine, the language was tastefully laid out and not crude, I think that's key.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...psnstclclg.jpg
*Jack Sparrow voice* That's very interesting. Especially considering certain ideas I have rattling around in my mind in regards to my Shadow, and it's nice to know that I wouldn't be accidentally banning myself over even implied things. Of course, that notion of tastefulness is indeed pretty important. I imagine if necessary, (not that I personally would on the TOR forums) one could be theoretically pretty explicit in imagery; it all depends on the words used.

Or perhaps should I say relevance? I can imagine the Community team, given two equally steamy stories, dropping the hammer on the one wherein the sexual content is obviously gratuitous and adds nothing to the narrative, while leaving the other alone because it fits within the story and is well done. Not that anyone here would write a story like the former.

Note that in no way am I knocking Feldraeth's story. I thought it was very well done! And the sex was written hilariously accurately: two idiot kids fooling around who can't even undress each other properly.

Also, I'm stealing that image, because I'm a pirate. (Literally. Yarrr!)
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Lunafox
07.02.2015 , 08:09 PM | #5667
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post
*Jack Sparrow voice* That's very interesting. Especially considering certain ideas I have rattling around in my mind in regards to my Shadow, and it's nice to know that I wouldn't be accidentally banning myself over even implied things. Of course, that notion of tastefulness is indeed pretty important. I imagine if necessary, (not that I personally would on the TOR forums) one could be theoretically pretty explicit in imagery; it all depends on the words used.

Or perhaps should I say relevance? I can imagine the Community team, given two equally steamy stories, dropping the hammer on the one wherein the sexual content is obviously gratuitous and adds nothing to the narrative, while leaving the other alone because it fits within the story and is well done. Not that anyone here would write a story like the former.

Note that in no way am I knocking Feldraeth's story. I thought it was very well done! And the sex was written hilariously accurately: two idiot kids fooling around who can't even undress each other properly.

Also, I'm stealing that image, because I'm a pirate. (Literally. Yarrr!)
Go for it! "Take what you can, and give 'nothin' back!" *holds up tankard* Cheers
Koona t'chuta, Solo?

alaurin
07.02.2015 , 09:03 PM | #5668
Okay, here's a quick post before we load up the family truckster and me, the hubby, the kids, and the dog head out to see the family in MI. I'm working on getting the Index caught while I'm doing last minute laundry for the family trip tomorrow.....hopefully I'll have time to finish.

I have a few comments on today's posted story (sorry they're spare and hopefully they're coherent since I'm in a hurry)
Spoiler

Okay, I did a thing......kinda a silly and probably stupid thing, but I'm going to post it anyways since I feel bad having been absent from this thread lately. I'd originally written it when the Crossover and Mashups prompt came out, but I chickened out when it came time to post it.

Title: The Hangover (swtor style), pt 1
Prompt: Crossovers and Mashups
Characters: Zevryn Varlok-Trooper, Jaxzin Roark-Smuggler, Kitar’s JC-Ka’van (with her permission), Aric Jorgan, Tanno Vik, Corso Riggs, Torian Cadera, Gault Rennow, and Mako

Setting: a ritzy hotel room
Spoilers: none that I can think of other than who the BH, Smuggler, and Trooper companions are

Spoiler

Author's Note:
Spoiler

toatokua
07.02.2015 , 09:21 PM | #5669
@alaurin, I totally spaced it on giving it a title, just refer to it as: Sith, Awakening, it's a terrible title but it's something to label it with.

alaurin
07.03.2015 , 12:13 AM | #5670
Index is up to date!!! And I am sooooo never going to let myself get a month behind on it again!! Since it is after 1am and I'm just now finishing, you all better check your individual sections because I was starting to get a bit sleepy by those last 2 pages. I think I'm going to need at least 1 pot of coffee and a couple Red Bulls before our road trip tomorrow....

Quote: Originally Posted by toatokua View Post
@alaurin, I totally spaced it on giving it a title, just refer to it as: Sith, Awakening, it's a terrible title but it's something to label it with.
No worries, I just needed something to file it under and that'll do!