Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

frauzet
06.28.2015 , 03:03 PM | #5651
Welcome to the thread toatokua and Oliverthefighter. Don't worry too much about the prompts. Our code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.

If you'd like to make things easier for alaurin, our keeper of the index, she posted some points a few days ago here.
Quote:
Things that you all can do to help me immensely are to include some things in a blurb or such before your story (most of you did this and I greatly thank you):

1.) Prompt (and Title if you have one)- I either file the story by title or prompt if there isn't a title.
2.) The main character- this is who I file the story under in your section of the Index. If there are multiple characters, I'll file under the one you indicate and the rest will be in parenthesis after the title/prompt.
3.) Some indicator of chronology- Just let me know what story it comes before or after, otherwise I'll just put it at the end of that character's list.
I hope you'll all forgive me as I skip commenting once again. I managed to keep up with reading. It's great to see so many stories progressing. I am looking forward to more. Allow me to mention a certain smuggler and her Jedi ex at this point. I really hope they'll find their son
Also I have a question for Mirdthestrill: What exactly does Jess mean "Despite probably being almost thirty"?

So I wrote some short pieces during the last days over at my tumblr:

@alaurin: please put the first two both under Thorns in the index, the first one before "Paying the Piper", the second after, the last one is for Rufuro after 'Last Chance'

Title: Sick
Chars: Nikeo, Nateo (Thorns)
Coruscant, lower levels, a few years after the Sacking. No spoilers.
Spoiler

Title: Two Squaremeters
Char: Nateo (Thorns)
Coruscant, 6 ATC, Nat (Thorns) has been captured and imprisoned, no spoilers
Spoiler

Prompt: Mixed prompts ‘Fashion’/’Matter of Public Record’
Title: The Cloak
Char: Theron Shan
Some time ago I wrote a short piece for Ru and Theron. This drabble follows afterwards. Maybe there will be a followup.
Spoiler
Author of "Trouble, Destiny and Other Complications" and the AU "Caught"
Participant of the "Short Fic Weekly Challlenge Thread!"
All my stories from TDaOC and SFWC in chronological order

Diviciacus
06.28.2015 , 09:00 PM | #5652
Quote: Originally Posted by frauzet View Post
Don't worry too much about the prompts. Our code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.
Marry me? :P
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Lunafox
06.28.2015 , 09:52 PM | #5653
Quote: Originally Posted by Diviciacus View Post
I just hope she doesn't say: "I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means no.
Lunafox's Stories🌙🦊Lunafox's Decorating
Koona t'chuta, Solo?
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
omg Darth Lunafox in the house

YoshiRaphElan
06.29.2015 , 11:24 AM | #5654
Hey, guys, I've resubbed for six months due to the expansion announcement! Looking forward to being part of this thread again!

Prompt: You Were The Chosen One! Or Were You?
Title: When All Words Fail
Class: Jedi Knight
Spoilers for Ziost

Spoiler

alaurin
06.29.2015 , 11:37 AM | #5655
Heya guys, I'm still alive......just been really busy so far this summer. Now I'm getting ready to pack up the family truckster and head out on vacation with the hubby, kids, and the dog. I am in the process of getting the Index caught up and should be up to date by tomorrow......and thank you Frauzet for mentioning those very key details I need to make indexing easier.

Unfortunately my muse has been absent these past few weeks so I don't have anything story wise to post right now, other than the few blurbs I've put on my Tumblr. Although to those of you who read my story threads, I am currently working on the update for my guys and should have it ready to post in the next day or two.

I'm so very sorry and guilt ridden, but I have no comments since I'm still behind with my reading (hubby busted me reading the SFC thread during our son's playoff game and I felt bad). I did notice some new names to the thread though and I would like to at least welcome our newcomers toatokua, Diviciacus, and oliverthefighter!!! YAY FOR NEW PEOPLE!!! I'm looking forward to catching up on my reading and seeing your works (yes, I will be reading on vacation......and commenting if I can remember to pack my laptop and can sneak away). Also, I just saw that someone posted while I was typing, so WELCOME BACK YOSHI!!!!!

One last thing:
Quote: Originally Posted by frauzet View Post
Don't worry too much about the prompts. Our code is more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual rules.
Hey now, I'm the one who actually keeps up the prompt archive and index......so what do I get?!

JamagsAwesome
06.29.2015 , 10:05 PM | #5656
Comments
Spoiler

To make up for my absence, I’m writing two stories this time. Mirdthestrill did a description of her Smuggler, so I’m going to be really creative and do a description of my Smuggler.

Title: The Privateer
Prompt: Description, The Story So Far
Characters: Jaks Kenn
Chronology: After Vincing the Invincible and I Swear it’ll Work
Spoilers: Smuggler Story
Words: 341
Spoiler

Author’s Notes
Spoiler

And now, back to your regularly scheduled Shiamma’s-storyline-even-though-this-story-doesn’t-have-her-in-it.

Title: Quarrelsome Individual
Prompt: If I were a Rich Man, Catching Up
Characters: Goldinyn the Smuggler, Joldinyn the Bounty Hunter, Lord Quarrel the (No class)
Chronology: After A Quarrel
Spoilers: Smuggler Rishi
Words: 422
Spoiler

Author’s Notes
Spoiler
Star Forge | The Scruffy Legacy
Satele Shan | The Shianna Legacy

Oliverthefighter
06.30.2015 , 06:19 AM | #5657
@Jamags
I honestly didn't realize the similarity of the name to the race until after I posted the story.
Then I laughed out loud.

frauzet
07.01.2015 , 03:35 PM | #5658
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
I just hope she doesn't say: "I am disinclined to acquiesce to your request. Means no.
Quote: Originally Posted by alaurin View Post
Hey now, I'm the one who actually keeps up the prompt archive and index......so what do I get?!
Even were I not disinclined to acquiesce the request, I fear it comes too late by more than 15 years. As I am not done with the current husband yet, and polygamy is still forbidden...
Maybe if we were to divide Diviciacus equally amongst the three of us? A third would have to be rounded off to zero? No?

@YoshiRaphElan: Welcome back, to you and your heroes. The current end of events on Ziost sure felt like failure.

@JamagsAwesome:
Reply for 'Sick': I think we can forgive him his negativity. Poor Nik is 14 in this story. He and Nat are orphans and live together with Iz in a small room. Several people in the neighborhood died. Proper medical treatment is neither available nor affordable. Rumor has it it is shadow fever or something similar.

The Privateer: I like the idea of the smuggler posing as the BH
Quarrelsome Individual: The "I did." is very Sith-y. And it's always clever to find a reason to do the things we can't avoid

************************************************** ***************************************

I wrote another short piece for brightephemera's challenge on tumblr.
As it's the followup to 'Two Square Meters' in my previous post, I'd like to share it here as well.
The prompt was to write something without using adjectives. I am not sure about the result, but it is mercifully short.

Title: A Debt
Char: Nateo (Thorns)
Coruscant, 6 ATC, a few days after 'Two Square Meters', no spoilers
Spoiler
Author of "Trouble, Destiny and Other Complications" and the AU "Caught"
Participant of the "Short Fic Weekly Challlenge Thread!"
All my stories from TDaOC and SFWC in chronological order

Oliverthefighter
07.01.2015 , 08:14 PM | #5659
Prompt: Firsts
Main character: Oranis
Title: Iconoclasm: The Last
Characters: Captain Kaellik, human gunslinger; Oranis, human operative, concealment specced for reference. There is also a slight appearance of My Miraluka sentinel, Myrc, as well as Doc
Oranis was on planet when the Ziost event occurs, the final one.
Agent Act two spoilers, as well as Ziost spoilers.
Spoiler

Author's note:
Spoiler

PS:
Spoiler

PSS:
Spoiler

Feldraeth
07.01.2015 , 11:58 PM | #5660
Replies
Spoiler

Comments
Spoiler

For this week, I have two stories that fit the current prompt. I would have posted the second one when I first wrote it on Saturday, but I've delayed it because of its content. I had thought to use the first story as the only one for this prompt, but I've since reconsidered. I've given it appropriate warnings, so you have the choice whether you wish to read it or not.

Prompt: I Dare You, Something Borrowed, Alternate Perspectives, Follow the Leader (see inspiration)
Title: Sith Hunters
Perspective: Cassiopeia Calrissian and Caimon (C-C-C-Combo!)
Alaurin:
Spoiler

Word Count: 1,364 and 3,094
Spoilers: General Kaas spoilers, tangentially a Kaas City side quest

Something Borrowed Inspiration – all from this forum, so possible implied spoilers for ‘She who Hunts Monsters’ and ‘Trouble, Destiny and other Complications’
Spoiler

And now, onto the story
Spoiler

Spoiler

Notes
Spoiler

Prompt: I Dare You, The morning After, Language, Culture Shock
Title: Teenagers
Perspective: Kaina’zul’anon
Word Count: 1,498
Spoilers: references to Bounty Hunter Quesh.
Timeline ACT II, a short while after Quesh but before Hoth.
Warning - contains nudity and an act of a sexual nature near the start. This has been separately spoilered. I read through the forum rules of conduct and didn’t see anything against it, but if anyone wants anything taken out, I’ll do so.
Spoiler

this is the one you might want to skip.
Spoiler

Spoiler

Notes
Spoiler