Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content > Fan Fiction
The Short Fic Weekly Challenge Thread!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Diviciacus
06.16.2015 , 11:25 PM | #5631
Comentarii and replies
Spoiler

Notationes Auctoris
Spoiler

Title: Secrets Long Forgotten
Prompt: Knights of the Fallen Empire trailer (I'M A BADDIE, OK.)
Characters: Authenta (Sith Warrior), Vaendiskona (Imperial Agent), Defixiones (Sith Inquisitor)
Chronology: Uhh... a few hours after the destruction of Korriban ends in the trailer? (NO THAT IS NOT SPOILERS. YOU ALL WATCHED IT.)
Spoilers: Ending of Sith Warrior, Sith Inquisitor, and Agent storylines. A little bit of Dromund Kaas Agent. (I pretty much can't spoil for any content not in-game when TOR went live because I haven't played any patch stuff yet. I'm terrible. I thought we went over this already?)
Word Count: 1,820

Story time!
Spoiler
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

Bultitudes_Loke
06.17.2015 , 03:48 AM | #5632
That's a cool read :-)
I'm kinda confused as to where this whole 'frozen in carbonite' bit of the Fallen Empire stry has come from. I mean, Lana Beliko is still up and about according to the character list, and then if we also get the gunslinger from the original trailers as a comp... It can't be set that far in the future of the timeline...

JamagsAwesome
06.17.2015 , 10:28 AM | #5633
Comments:
Spoiler

Replies
Spoiler

Now, another story. This one won’t be as exciting as the last one, but I’m trying to alternate between Republic and Imperial, so I can’t just keep going. I’ll get back to it later.

Title: Star Destroyer
Prompt: Allies
Characters: Shenara the Agent, Arginall the Warrior
Chronology: During Black Talon, after Fast Exit, Dramatic Entrance, They Don’t Stand a Chance, before Lookalike
Spoilers: Not much, just the beginning of Black Talon
Words: 242

Spoiler

Author’s Notes
Spoiler
Star Forge | The Scruffy Legacy
Satele Shan | The Shianna Legacy

Striges
06.19.2015 , 06:10 AM | #5634
So good to see an active thread!

Week of June 19, 2015
Best Buddies: Does your character have a best friend? The one they’d like to hang out with just for fun, whether fun is cross-country skiing on Hoth or downing shots in a Nar Shaddaa Huttball cantina? The person who completed their sentences long before they met their significant other? Maybe became their significant other? Did your character stay in touch? Have they grown apart or away, the friendship almost remembered, but not quite important enough to restart? This week, write about your character being with, losing, forgetting, or reconnecting with their best buddy.

And, as ever,

Night of the Living Prompt: Keep on using any prompt you like! Check out the list at http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...=7489974post=2 and http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...=7489991post=3 (we’re up to two full posts!). Many thanks to Alaurin for maintaining the prompt archive and story index here.

This week's featured NotLPs:
Vacation - Our characters have traveled hither and thither over a dozen or more planets for work, politics, personal vendettas, and more. But where do they go to relax and what do they do when they've got some time to unwind? Write about your character's vacation time. Prompt courtesy of Alaurin.

Confessions - Everybody has things they don't like to admit. Sometimes it's big, sometimes it's just something small. Sometimes it's nice to finally let it out. What does your character need to admit - and to who?

Got an idea for a prompt? Send me a pm!

JamagsAwesome
06.19.2015 , 09:57 AM | #5635
*No Comments*

*No Replies*

Well, with the new prompt up, I’m technically not double-posting.

Title: Adorable
Prompt: Allies
Characters: Shiamma the Knight, Shiassa the Consular, Shonnoph the Trooper (minor role)
Chronology: A few hours after Lookalike
Spoilers: Companion spoilers for Kira Carsen
Words: 633

Spoiler

Author’s Notes:
Spoiler

Diviciacus
06.19.2015 , 01:44 PM | #5636
Commentarii:
Spoiler

Author's notes:
Spoiler

Title: Road Trip
Prompt: Best buddies
Characters: Doryxenos (Trooper)
Chronology: Between Nikto sector and Red light district, Nar Vegas
Spoilers: General trooper story for Nar Shaddaa
Words: 439

Spoiler
Nonne mei fratres congruitis nobis nostram cruore ferroque humum recipienda esse aut Imperium Aeternum quae omnia speremus peregerimusque vere perdat?
Conquering the Darkest Places, the ongoing misadventures of a Sith doing what's right by her.

JamagsAwesome
06.19.2015 , 04:53 PM | #5637
Comments:
Spoiler

Replies:
Spoiler

Now, I continue my little tale with another story.

Title: Subject
Prompt: Catching Up
Characters: Arginall the Warrior, Shillena the Inquisitor, Darth Sorrall the [No Class]
Chronology: One day after Adorable, and a long time after Star Destroyer
Spoilers: Warrior Chapter 3, Inquisitor Chapter 1 Finale, Knight Chapter 2 Finale
Words: 687

Spoiler

Author’s Notes:
Spoiler

Diviciacus
06.19.2015 , 08:43 PM | #5638
Quote: Originally Posted by JamagsAwesome View Post

Spoiler
Spoiler

Feldraeth
06.20.2015 , 06:08 PM | #5639
Hey again, I've got another backlog of stories to post. Rather than firing them all off one by one, I'll just post the two that correspond with the current prompts and the one that follows immediately after. I'll leave the rest for when I've checked through and edited them. First though, comments.

Coments
Spoiler

Here is the first story. It contains a few darker moments and possibly some gore, though I do not view it as suficient to warrant warnings. If you feel I'm wrong, please point out in the comments. Without positive criticism, I don't know where the problems are and thus can't fix them. Don't worry, you'll never say anything worse than what I've told myself at one point or another.

Prompt: Dreams and Nightmares, Loneliness and Solitude
Title: The Price of Power
Perspective: Roan, Kid Sith; Vette, Twi’lek Adventurer
Word Count: 1,651
Spoilers: minor Black Talon, minor Korriban

Spoiler

And here is the second and third. They follow one after the other, with only walking down a flight of stairs and into the dining room. Before anyone asks, yes, this is my Kaas stronghold. If anyone wants, they can view it on the Progenitor. I think it's public, but might have to check that.

Prompt: Best Buddies, (Un)invited Guests
Title: Evening Plans
Perspective: Lord Braca of the sphere of Biotic Science
Word Count: 1,046
Spoilers: important early act I SI spoilers
Spoiler

and finally, the third story. This one mentions a darker side of the Sith power structure, with a slightly more sexual bent than other characters. It arises from a thought experiment I had with a friend regarding the eventual and somewhat self-imposed extinction of the Pureblood 'species' and ways they might mitigate this. There is nothing in the scene, it's just implied.

Prompt: Health, Cuisine, Description
Title: Her Master’s Servant
Perspective: Lord Braca of the sphere of Biotic Science
Word Count: 1,381
Spoilers: None
Chronology: After Evening Plans but before First Encounters

Spoiler

Oh, and before I forget. Happy Solstice everyone.

JamagsAwesome
06.20.2015 , 09:54 PM | #5640
Comments:
Spoiler

Replies:
Spoiler

Finally! It took me longer than I’d have liked to get this story up. Between real life and actually playing SWTOR, it gets difficult. If this keeps up, I might end up posting here at a… a normal pace!

Title: Strength
Prompt: Worlds Colliding
Characters: Shiamma the Knight, Shiassa the Consular, Shonnoph the Trooper, Subject 4/Shialla the (No Class)
Chronology: Two hours after Adorable, 22 hours before Subject
Spoilers: None
Words: 418

Spoiler

Author’s Notes:
Spoiler