Couldn't find the right forum so... Payment Issues"

Lord_Stephan

I wanted to send this via some sort of email/form, but I couldn't find any method of contacting EA that allowed me to do the same. I've called in through customer support, but thus far none have been able to help me with this issue. I have been left with no alternative but to post here.

To sum things up:

• I would like to subscribe to SWTOR, but have been unsuccessful in my attempts thus far.
  • Even though EA states that my card should be accepted as a payment option https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/star-wars/star-wars-the-old-republic/swtor-payments-by-country/, on SWTOR's website, it isn't.
  • Purchasing subscription through Origin is not possible and all SWTOR services through Amazon are unavailable in my country.
  • Been wrestling alligators to give you my money -- any chance I could get a hand? Tyvm!

Please check the list of credit cards available for players based in Brazil and match the same with SWTOR's payment options or fix the erroneous page on EA's website! The cards listed are: Visa, Mastercard, JCB, American Express, Visa Electron, Visa Delta. The ones in red do not appear as available payment methods and there is also no Paypal alternative.

Please fix this so that I may subscribe to the game. Thank you!

Have you checked with your credit card company that you can make on-line purchases? Some companies disable this by default for security reasons. Have you purchased other things on-line with your credit card?

You can check on this by calling the credit card's toll free support number (I think) or possibly by calling the bank the card was issued through.

Have you checked with your credit card company that you can make on-line purchases? Some companies disable this by default for security reasons. Have you purchased other things on-line with your credit card?

You can check on this by calling the credit card's toll free support number (I think) or possibly by calling the bank the card was issued through.

I am able to make credit card purchases online, yes. Steam is thankful for the fact. Just waiting on EA, now. :)

I am able to make credit card purchases online, yes. Steam is thankful for the fact. Just waiting on EA, now. :)

This may sound really silly (and it may be) but try subscribing again but using a different internet browser. Why do I say this? Because I recall once I had issues paying for something online, and after contacting my bank, and the company, no one knew what the problem was. And by chance I used a different browser on another computer and it turned out some strange bug in the browser at the time was not processing online payment forms.

Chances are this is not the cause of your issue, but I just remembered this and thought it JUST MIGHT be the solution. Give it a try. :) I cannot remember which browser it was.

It's a crazy long shot, but easy to try and nothing to lose!

Hope you get the problem solved. Goodluck.

First thing to Check if it isn't your Bank making problems, as blocking online payment.

If your Card is free to pay online, try Calling BW.

Contact support by phone

If you need help with your account, get an error message while making a payment, or if you cannot log in to the game, please contact the Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service team by phone.

Contact our team by calling the numbers listed below:

USA: 1-(855)-345-2186 (Support available from 9.00 CT - 21.00 CT)

UK: +44 (0)203 0141 826 (Support available from 15.00 GMT - 3.00 GMT)

France: +33 (0) 4 81 68 10 51 (Support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)

Germany: + 49 (0)221 8282 9212 (Support available from 11.00 CET - 20.00 CET)

Using VoIP to contact support

You may also use Voice Over Internet Protocol (VoIP) services like Skype, Viber, or Google Voice, to call Customer Service, regardless of where you are calling from.

International calls made using VoIP are generally far less expensive than calls made from a mobile phone or landline.

Open the VOIP program or app of your choice, then:

If you’re calling for support in English:

Set your country to the UK.

Dial 0203 014 1826.

French:

Set your location to France.

Dial 04 81 68 10 51.

German:

Set your location to Germany.

Dial (0221) 82829212.

Edited by Ahrngrim

Friend, as previously stated, your list of mentioned fixes have already been tried. In fact, I posted the link you've copied and pasted from in my very query.

The search for answers continues... :mad:

Buy a time card on Amazon. The first one you buy you can buy a bundle (you'll get a bunch of cartel coins to go w/ it) and after that just buy the 2 sub.

This is the 1-time (40$ for 3 months and 2400 cartel coins, but you can only use this once! So if you have done it before, don't do it again!): https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Republic-Knights-Eternal/dp/B00T8NURF8/ref=pd_sim_367_4?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=NG9G39Q8HMZW7N90FE41&th=1

And this is the 60 day one: https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Republic-Prepaid-Subscription/dp/B00HWYDM3O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504137196&sr=8-1&keywords=swtor&th=1

There is also something screwy with mine, so that's what I do.

Edited by LordTurin

Buy a time card on Amazon. The first one you buy you can buy a bundle (you'll get a bunch of cartel coins to go w/ it) and after that just buy the 2 sub.

This is the 1-time (40$ for 3 months and 2400 cartel coins, but you can only use this once! So if you have done it before, don't do it again!): https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Republic-Knights-Eternal/dp/B00T8NURF8/ref=pd_sim_367_4?_encoding=UTF8&refRID=NG9G39Q8HMZW7N90FE41&th=1

And this is the 60 day one: https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Republic-Prepaid-Subscription/dp/B00HWYDM3O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504137196&sr=8-1&keywords=swtor&th=1

There is also something screwy with mine, so that's what I do.

I would love to and I did, indeed, think of this! However, being presently stationed in Brazil, I cannot make such purchases from amazon.com. In fact, the only amazon you can purchase from in Brazil is amazon.com.br (which does not have any SWTOR-related products).

The fact is, EA does state on their website that they allow for my payment methods. But, they have not updated their system to allow for such. Honestly, It's starting to get comical, really. The notion that I would have to call (as I have), or search on Origin (which I did), or attempt to purchase from Amazon (which I also did), to no avail is just too bad. The cherry on top, though, would be the fact that the only means to get EA's attention to the matter seem to be through the community section of their website, where they state they are present and active, yet... :confused:

I would love to and I did, indeed, think of this! However, being presently stationed in Brazil, I cannot make such purchases from amazon.com. In fact, the only amazon you can purchase from in Brazil is amazon.com.br (which does not have any SWTOR-related products).

The fact is, EA does state on their website that they allow for my payment methods. But, they have not updated their system to allow for such. Honestly, It's starting to get comical, really. The notion that I would have to call (as I have), or search on Origin (which I did), or attempt to purchase from Amazon (which I also did), to no avail is just too bad. The cherry on top, though, would be the fact that the only means to get EA's attention to the matter seem to be through the community section of their website, where they state they are present and active, yet... :confused:

How are you posting if you haven't subbed? Are you just using a referral link?

• 4 weeks later...