Thoughts on removing accuracy from game.

TonyTricicolo

So we strive to achieve 110% accuracy to improve the chance we don't miss. We also want to produce more output via mastery and power, increase our crit, and reduce our cd with alacrity. Not to mention Tanks want more shield and absorption. Why not just give everyone baseline innate accuracy so we can invest more in to these tertiary stats?

Not to mention Tanks want more shield and absorption. Why not just give everyone baseline innate accuracy so we can invest more in to these tertiary stats?

Tanks already have baseline innate accuracy increase by 10% through their combat discipline to offset their need for defence, shield and absorption rating. Healers don't need accuracy in any competitive setting because heals are auto hits, so critical and especially alacrity rating are the stats to go alongside the power rating.

Only dps have the need for accuracy rating on your gear and I think it is fine that you can choose yourself how much accuracy your spec needs in contrast to all the other tertiary stats.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Oh, is that so? That never occured to me. I hardly play Tank classes. Yea, but wouldn't you want your Dps teammate to do his job better? To get that 110% you'd trade off less output, right? But then again there's diminishing returns on crit and a point where power/mastery is better than alacrity, so it kinda evens out.

Oh, is that so? That never occured to me. I hardly play Tank classes. Yea, but wouldn't you want your Dps teammate to do his job better? To get that 110% you'd trade off less output, right? But then again there's diminishing returns on crit and a point where power/mastery is better than alacrity, so it kinda evens out.

That is the real deal with MMOs, you acquire gear and test out the best load outs. Its obvious that its not only about buying every gear piece. You then need to mingle around with the mods to get the best out come (minmaxing). You also have to think about PVP, that is where accuracy really comes into play. In PVP people test having less accuracy and more treciary stats. In that case it becomes individual and players adjust it to their play style. So no, I wouldnt remove it.

You could actually make a point that tanks should lose their innate 10% accuracy increase, at least for PvPs sake. Since they don't need any accuracy on their gear to hit and get substantial defensive stats and abilities through their combat proficiency, they can put dps mods in their gear to hit hard while still having massive self sustain. I am not a big PvPer myself, but I know many who are very annoyed by this tank-in-dps-gear cheese.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Why not just give everyone full stats right from the get go. And, also, to eliminate "grind" we can give them max level armor. And then we can rename the game Battlefront: The Old Republic and do away with all RPG stuff altogether. And then we can all just PvP or do NiM OPs.

[/sarcasm]

Tanks already have baseline innate accuracy increase by 10% through their combat discipline to offset their need for defence, shield and absorption rating. Healers don't need accuracy in any competitive setting because heals are auto hits, so critical and especially alacrity rating are the stats to go alongside the power rating.

Only dps have the need for accuracy rating on your gear and I think it is fine that you can choose yourself how much accuracy your spec needs in contrast to all the other tertiary stats.

A really good healer doesn't just heal. Healers swap into acc gear for several boss fights. One example is Styrak NiM. If your KB "misses" during ghost phase, the raid will probably wipe without a backup.

So if we got rid of accuracy, it would help healers too. I like this idea.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

First they got rid of class stats (strength, et. al) and made it all master. Because ppl couldn't understand.

Then they got rid of multiple mats for the same crafting level because it was confusing

then they put all the mats into a single node becuase ppl ... what? too complicated to look for shards vs crystals?

They got rid of multiple trees. Then they got rid of advanced classes.

You want them to maybe just give you one button, one attack and come over and click it for you too?

Having to agree on that. If you cannot shoot accurately or cannot strike your lightsaber accurately, you should still be at the training ground at the start of the storyline and not be allowed to graduate from the training school and out of the starting zone to continue leveling. If still insist on having accuracy as stat, I rather see that implemented as a penalty of sort which mean it will translate to friendly fire. If you are low on accuracy, some of your dmg (scaled according to your accuracy stat) will also hit friendly players instead of just mobs. This will make PvP matches very interesting indeed. Imagine the enemy healers also miss and heal the other faction players too instead of just their own players. Make accuracy stat something that truly have consequences whether in PvE or PvP matches.

First they got rid of class stats (strength, et. al) and made it all master. Because ppl couldn't understand.

Then they got rid of multiple mats for the same crafting level because it was confusing

then they put all the mats into a single node becuase ppl ... what? too complicated to look for shards vs crystals?

You want them to maybe just give you one button, one attack and come over and click it for you too?

I remember this one sniper in a flashpoint back in the day. He only wore Aim gear. He refused to listen to us when we told him he is supposed to wear cunning gear (aim was for bounty hunters & troopers). I'm normally against dumbing down the game, but in this case, accuracy doesn't seem to add complexity, but adds an "annoying" factor to 6.0 gearing.

imo accuracy serves only to add diverisity to stats. realisticly there is no good reason reason outside of "rp" (sith lord nox isn't accurate enough with his low slash) so I would encourage accuracy to just be removed. people might complain its "just more simplifing" but I would argue there was never a place in the game for it to begin with outside of benign complexity. Edited by Seterade

I don't agree with the idea though I sympathize with the goal. Issue is that tertiary stats would only see higher thresholds needed to create the same results as we currently have or will have in 6.0. They purposefully gimped Alacrity, Crit, Absorb and Shield have harsh diminishing returns as it is. This would just help the stat squish be a lot more simple but there'd be less variation between DPS and Heals (game feels too samey as of now), there'd be no early detection bare minimum method of telling if people have any idea about how to build, it would add nothing to the gameplay aspect because Bioware's balancing devs show no regard for what 'fun' is.

I agree with this assessment. Personally see no reason to remove accuracy from the game. If BW remove it then so be it, but don't see removing it will benefit the game or add anything to the game myself.

Edited by DreadtechSavant