Roadmap

dewayne

Hey folks,

Right now I don't believe there are any plans for a formal roadmap in the coming weeks. To calm any concerns, that isn't because there isn't stuff happening this year, but we have been making an effort to give you more visibility into content sooner via PTS. With that in mind, here are some details:

• 5.10.1 is on PTS now, which you already know. That will come out in the next couple of weeks, more details on timing this week.
  • After 5.10.1 is out the door, look for details on 5.10.2 going to PTS.
  • We are still locking down details so I can't announce anything just yet, but we fully intend to be at SW Celebration this year. Which seems like a great place to reveal more details on what is coming this year.

Thanks all.

-eric

Thanks for the Update :) BUT! Is there any way/hope we get finally the MMO part of the game back?? With good content updates over the year, instead of having lacking and lame content beside story? I will support you and I love Swtor BUT after 7 years my Patience is a little bit overused :s The Half Singleplayer Content beside half semifinished multiplayer Content istl bad. Sorry.. where is the MMO gone what was announced in the past? :( Give us MMO players Content #MakeSWTORGreatAgain:rak_04: ;D

Edit: SWTOR has a great story and damn good Story telling. Now it would be time to make real MMO Content. Overall, World of Warcraft struggles with they subs because BfA and the players who left WoW now search a new MMO and look at SWTOR. And they won't be long here if you don't revive the MMO part of the game again with Content updates beside your great storytelling.

EA give BioWare old more manpower and money for Swtor and make it to you Main project again, so it can be the game beside the big other Games, World of Warcraft and The Elder Scrolls Online!!!!! So much wasted potential after the F2P switch :( You sit on an money maker and don't use it -,- .... Sorry for my language but by feeling it looks like EAs and Biowares unwanted basterd child they stick now with it after its failure to "kill WoW" ..

Edited by Kampflerk

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm excited to see what you have in store, I hop on the PTS regularly. However I feel that just putting it there will neglect a lot of players who either don't have access or don't know how to access it. Edited by Pacram

Would it be fair to say that there wont be any real information until you see how Anthem does and if the remaining dev resources (Matt and the CM team) will be shipped there?

As for use of the PTS to demonstrate what is coming, would it also be fair to say that the only thing that will be coming is 8 man content that from the look of the feedback on the PTS is only played by a very very small percentage of an already small player base?

I don't recall ever seeing anything to do with story on the PTS, nor gearing changes, nor companion returns so if we go by the option to use the PTS to communicate to the players over a roadmap, should we take from this that the only thing to come in the future is 8 man group content?

Hey folks,

Right now I don't believe there are any plans for a formal roadmap in the coming weeks. To calm any concerns, that isn't because there isn't stuff happening this year, but we have been making an effort to give you more visibility into content sooner via PTS. With that in mind, here are some details:

• 5.10.1 is on PTS now, which you already know. That will come out in the next couple of weeks, more details on timing this week.
  • After 5.10.1 is out the door, look for details on 5.10.2 going to PTS.
  • We are still locking down details so I can't announce anything just yet, but we fully intend to be at SW Celebration this year. Which seems like a great place to reveal more details on what is coming this year.

Thanks all.

-eric

Maybe I've missed it, but I've seen no mention of fixing the various bugs with reset or duplicated companions in those patch notes. Which I'm pretty sure were issues that would be addressed early this year. Is the overall idea to just forget about it and hope we do too?

YOU dont pay a subscription for the updates. You dont get to decide for others why they pay. I pay a subscription just for the excellent forum pvp against bioware apologists. Other people do it for their own reasons. You might be a closet brony that uses swtor to hide his my little pony addiction, who knows. People want information on what and when fixes will happen for the myriad bugs left for the dev 2 month vacation. Currently they are choosing to leave a vacuum and nature abhores that. People are filling the deafening silence left by the devs abandonment of the game with whatever explanation looks plausible. The devs could change this, but choose not to. They might still be serving the 60 days sentence from that incident at the christmas party.

Yep, BW opened the SWTOR theme park and some people pay sdmission and then choose to hang out at the bathrooms. BW adds new rides and games when they can, but people still hang out at the bathrooms and say that nothing has been added.

You don't pay a subscription for updates. Your subscription pays for you to have full access to every part of the game, with zero limitations like the ones F2P or preferred players have.

Who are you to say what she pays for?

Edited by TUXs

I was right. i was skeptical Bioware wouldn't have something for February and April makes a lot of sense. I say that because its very much apparent that with Anthem on the verge of launching, developers all over bioware have likely been shoe-horned into Anthem to rush it out.

March doesn't make that much sense because bioware would need weeks to get patches out and reorganise after the fact and that would take it half way through March, in addition April is now something of a deadline for EA to study the launch of Anthem and make a choice on bioware.

Even if Bioware is going to get shut down after the april deadline, EA could give a few months warning before the servers go out and that would allow the anniversary to go ahead before the whole thing starts shutting down.

So at this moment i am even more skeptical of SWTOR's future and more than likely that 6.0 might have been shelved.

YOU dont pay a subscription for the updates. You dont get to decide for others why they pay. I pay a subscription just for the excellent forum pvp against bioware apologists. Other people do it for their own reasons. You might be a closet brony that uses swtor to hide his my little pony addiction, who knows. People want information on what and when fixes will happen for the myriad bugs left for the dev 2 month vacation. Currently they are choosing to leave a vacuum and nature abhores that. People are filling the deafening silence left by the devs abandonment of the game with whatever explanation looks plausible. The devs could change this, but choose not to. They might still be serving the 60 days sentence from that incident at the christmas party.

EVERYONE pays a subscription just for updates but not new content. YOU don't get to say that's not true because you also avail yourself of the forums so you can troll people and argue. Everything else you say is immaterial to the basic point (and how you decided that "nature abhors a vacuum" was relevant to the topic is a humongous leap in logic.

That they use sub money to fund new content or not isn't the point. That's a longevity issue... the longer they add to the content people pay for, the longer people are likely to keep paying for access.

Because it's simple LOGIC. Subscriptions pay for ACCESS, not NEW CONTENT. (I want new content as much as anyone - and even took a 2 year vacation from the game until I could bypass KotFEET and get content I wanted - but I always knew the money I paid was ONLY for access to whatever content was considered part of the game. There is just no denying or arguing that fact.)

Because it's simple LOGIC. Subscriptions pay for ACCESS, not NEW CONTENT. (I want new content as much as anyone - and even took a 2 year vacation from the game until I could bypass KotFEET and get content I wanted - but I always knew the money I paid was ONLY for access to whatever content was considered part of the game. There is just no denying or arguing that fact.)

Maybe that's your expectation - but it's not everyone's.

EVERYONE pays a subscription just for updates but not new content. YOU don't get to say that's not true because you also avail yourself of the forums so you can troll people and argue. Everything else you say is immaterial to the basic point (and how you decided that "nature abhors a vacuum" was relevant to the topic is a humongous leap in logic.

That they use sub money to fund new content or not isn't the point. That's a longevity issue... the longer they add to the content people pay for, the longer people are likely to keep paying for access.

Get a clue. We all subscribe for our own reasons. You dont get to decide what they are. bioware uses that money from that for what they want, not what you think they want. Could be development, could be dividends, could be ******s and blow. We dont know. What we do know is that bioware hasnt bothered to give any details about bug fixes since december, which shows they dont give a crap. People have to figure out for themselves if any bugs will be fixed and why we keep seeing these kind of long term bugs introduced into the game. Quite a few people think it was done on purpose, to slow down peoples use of the content. we will have to see when and what they fix, because Musco cant be bothered to tell us.

Get a clue. We all subscribe for our own reasons. You dont get to decide what they are. bioware uses that money from that for what they want, not what you think they want. Could be development, could be dividends, could be ******s and blow. We dont know. What we do know is that bioware hasnt bothered to give any details about bug fixes since december, which shows they dont give a crap. People have to figure out for themselves if any bugs will be fixed and why we keep seeing these kind of long term bugs introduced into the game. Quite a few people think it was done on purpose, to slow down peoples use of the content. we will have to see when and what they fix, because Musco cant be bothered to tell us.

The lack of care from Bioware is getting very frustrating...

If I subscribe to the New York Times, I don’t expect to read the exact same article every day. I expect that when their articles contain errors, that corrections are issued (I.e. bug fixes). I expect to see new articles and stories (content). I expect that from time to time I’ll read special feature sections (in-game events.) Now, I’m not “entitled” to anything or in other words have a right to anything other than the paper being delivered to my door every day. But rights/entitlements aren’t the same as an expectation of service level, and if a product doesn’t meet my expectations of service, I can choose not to spend money on that product any more (DirecTV), and perhaps discourage others from doing so also. Conversely, if a product exceeds my expectations (Coffee Joulies) I can encourage others to buy that product as well.

For at least three years, the business model has been subs get access to the new expansion. It was touted as a benefit to subscribing at least for 4.0 and continued with 5.0. It remains to be seen what 6.0 holds.

How’s that for SIMPLE LOGIC?

• Dev Post
Maybe I've missed it, but I've seen no mention of fixing the various bugs with reset or duplicated companions in those patch notes. Which I'm pretty sure were issues that would be addressed early this year. Is the overall idea to just forget about it and hope we do too?

I believe there are quite a number of fixes for the companion issues from 5.10 coming in 5.10.1.

-eric

My thoughts exactly.

I don't recall paying for ANY expansions since Rise of the Hutt Cartel. So my subscription has included game expansions such as Oricon/Dread Masters, Shadow of Revan, KOTFE, and KOTET, thus I expect game expansions as part of my subscription.

Of course, others are allowed to believe what they want. If those folks want to argue over whether these were actual expansions, I'm happy to have that debate. Fun!

As for paid expansions, I have said before that I would pay lots of money for a real expansion.

"Shut up and take my money BWA!"

You don't pay a subscription for updates. Your subscription pays for you to have full access to every part of the game, with zero limitations like the ones F2P or preferred players have.

Is that in my subscription agreement somewhere?

Anakin was a Mary Sue (or the male equivalent of a MS)

The male equivalent is sometimes called Marty Stu.

Do either of you think Luke was a MS? Personally, I think his story is more of a "coming of age" trope.

[*]We are still locking down details so I can't announce anything just yet, but we fully intend to be at SW Celebration this year. Which seems like a great place to reveal more details on what is coming this year.

Based on this announcement of an announcement :p , would anyone like to speculate on 6.0? In 2016, the SW Celebration was in July. KOTET was announced and came out during the holidays -- roughly 5 months later.

• Will 6.0 be released during the holidays?
  • Will 6.0 be released 5-ish months after the SWC, so like September?
  • Or do you have another prediction date?

What do you think the story will be about? The Republic is a shadow of what it was. And Acina... really? I'm still waiting for Malgus to backhand her off of the throne, let alone match our protagonist characters should we challenge her. She's no Revan or Vitiate.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I believe there are quite a number of fixes for the companion issues from 5.10 coming in 5.10.1.

-eric

Sorry to be a bit blunt here, but how about finding out and telling us instead of the mystery info. How about doing that community manager role for a bit and converse with the developers on our behalf to find out what is being fixed and what is not (and preferably an explanation as to why not).

Stop making this like pulling teeth, its exhausting.

Edited by GrimTheGlutt

Sorry to be a bit blunt here, but how about finding out and telling us instead of the mystery info. How about doing that community manager role for a bit and converse with the developers on our behalf to find out what is being fixed and what is not (and preferably an explanation as to why not).

Stop making this like pulling teeth, its exhausting.

I think he told you where to look. assuming of course, those changes were in the PTS build that was tested.

Edited by VarKoE

I think he told you where to look. assuming of course, those changes were in the PTS build that was tested.

And wheres the notes detailing what bug fixes have/have not been fixed.

Wheres the feedback on the armorings not stacking? Yes they admitted its a bug, so when's it being fixed.

And so on.........

I am not going to donwload a huge load of data to find out nothing has been fixed. As I said acertain individual could discuss with his developer colleagues and then communicate it to us - You know like a community manager would.

Edited by GrimTheGlutt

The point I am simply trying to make is that there are other (strong) negative opinions of TLJ that don't involve SJWs.

I *am* a "SJW" I suppose (why wouldn't you want your country to be a better place for all its citizens than in the past?) and The Last Jedi made me sad after going opening night. It was the first time I left a Star Wars film thinking it was flat out terrible, and, in my mind, it also ruined Luke's character in the canon story. In many ways, The Last Jedi also invalided much of what happened in the the OT and prequels as well what is core to what Star Wars is for many fans.

Many have stated things of this nature since the film was released. I would just add that having progressive views on certain social issues has nothing to do with believing The Last Jedi was good or bad.

In my view, fitting into what I would guess would be branded as a "SJW" (I personally find the label vague and kind of silly, but maybe it holds more meaning for people younger than I am), I thought The Last Jedi was bad because its story was poorly considered and executed. I left the movie baffled how the final script was approved, and having little to no interest in Ep 9.

It won't be a "protest" when I don't go see Ep. 9 opening night like every other Star Wars movie I've been alive to see open, or even if deciding to skip it outright. I didn't go see Solo in the theaters because I didn't trust Disney to make a good Star Wars movie. After watching Solo on Netflix recently out of curiosity, this was the right choice.

Edited by arunav

Stop using the term SJW. It's a political term created by social conservatives. So far it has done nothing but harm the criticism of the latest Star Wars movies.

How can we express our displeasure over terribly written movies, full of ad nauseam tropes, if the writers & directors can call you trolls and bigots? Just stop. Bad movies are bad. Disney is finally starting to learn.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

And wheres the notes detailing what bug fixes have/have not been fixed.

Wheres the feedback on the armorings not stacking? Yes they admitted its a bug, so when's it being fixed.

And so on.........

I am not going to donwload a huge load of data to find out nothing has been fixed. As I said acertain individual could discuss with his developer colleagues and then communicate it to us - You know like a community manager would.

unfair. That is patch notes. They are released around patch. Bad practice to put out fixes not knowing if they are all approved for production. If PTS forums have it, that is where to look, or wait for the patch notes.

I just thought about my critical analysis of Eric's post and it's not fair. He is writing in a thread unofficially, and so I am not going to be critical of his post.

It would be nice if they acknowledged ALL the bugs people have brought to their attention, and then hopefully in their patch notes explain which bugs will be fixed, and which will be fixed at a later date.

Being quiet and not acknowledging the plethora of bugs is wrong Eric, people deserve to know that their concerns of bugs are going to be addressed.

When players take their personal time to lay out detailed explanations of bugs in the game since 5.10 and nothing is commented on from BW, it looks like these posts are being ignored and then the players become resentful because it looks like you guys don't care.

Thanks for responding to people in an unofficial thread. I know it's not your modus operandi, but hoping it becomes your modus operandi in the future. :)

Edited by Lhancelot

Can Keith give us any idea when we can expect 6.0 to drop?

When he took over the role of Producer we were (mostly) all excited for the changing of the guard and a serious player and developer taking the helm who shared our love of the game. I've linked Keith's initial hello post below for convenience.

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20170413

Does Keith the player still share our desire for the game and our pain at the lack of communication regarding the game's direction?

I like when Keith, Charles and Eric communicate with us, and I'd like to think I am on their side having subbed from the start through rough and smooth but honestly I'd like to be hearing more than I am at the moment. Its almost a year since 6.0 was first mentioned and that post seemed to indicate that Bioware were just nailing down what exactly they wanted to include in it and that they just weren't quiet ready to let us in on it.

If its a case that 6.0' and its contents are to be announced at SW Celebration this year a simple confirmation of that fact would do fine - I'm not looking to spoil the surprise ....but I'd be happier knowing that one was coming.