Honesty is the best policy

BFBHitmarkers

Just as the title reads...Bioware: Please just be honest with us.

6.0 content is not an expansion. It is an extension. If you would have grouped Ossus, Dantooine, an Onslaught together...that would have been an expansion (if released all together). Be honest and just tell us that you do not have the funding and/or staff at the current time to release a true expansion. Be honest and tell us that you are working on content, just at a slower pace. Be honest and give us a true roadmap like you did in 3.0/4.0. Releasing a roadmap AFTER the content drops...is not a roadmap. Stay current, tell us the true future plans.

Engage with us, interact with us, actually listen to our feedback and respond to it. At this point, it feels as though SWTOR is a salmon swimming up creek. I honestly cant tell if you are just waiting for the bear to kill us or are truly making an effort to keep this game going..

6.0 content is not an expansion. It is an extension. If you would have grouped Ossus, Dantooine, an Onslaught together...that would have been an expansion (if released all together). Be honest and just tell us that you do not have the funding and/or staff at the current time to release a true expansion. Be honest and tell us that you are working on content, just at a slower pace. Be honest and give us a true roadmap like you did in 3.0/4.0. Releasing a roadmap AFTER the content drops...is not a roadmap. Stay current, tell us the true future plans.

Engage with us, interact with us, actually listen to our feedback and respond to it. At this point, it feels as though SWTOR is a salmon swimming up creek. I honestly cant tell if you are just waiting for the bear to kill us or are truly making an effort to keep this game going..

Alternatively, you could do what I did.

I stopped playing SWTOR on May 20th when ESO dropped new content.

I started playing yesterday when SWTOR dropped new content.

Pretty soon, I'll be back to ESO. Welcome to MMORPGs which can't produce content faster than we can consume it.

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

the Revan expansion is similar to this so its hard to call it 5.11. On top of that, there have been many other changes to the overall game, which I can see why you call it also an extension

It is an expansion, perhaps you need to redefine how you view the word expansion. This is a SWTOR expansion, perhaps not as much launch content as others but an expansion is judged on the entire thing and not just launch day.

We have a completely reworked gearing system, as well as the start of a new story.

I do agree that a roadmap would be nice, it would be nice to know if the follow-up chapter is planned for this year or early next year or if we're looking at 6+ months.

I know a lot of people disliked the KotFE expansion but I enjoyed knowing that we were getting a new chapter every month. Better than sitting and waiting and not knowing what's coming.

Anyone that has been around for the duration of this game knew Onslaught wasn't going to be an expansion, more like up an update or an extension, but it's still a fun addition to the game and I'm enjoying it.

There's a reason why the full trailer wasn't released until the day before the 'expansion' hit.

It is an expansion, perhaps you need to redefine how you view the word expansion. This is a SWTOR expansion, perhaps not as much launch content as others but an expansion is judged on the entire thing and not just launch day.

We have a completely reworked gearing system, as well as the start of a new story.

I do agree that a roadmap would be nice, it would be nice to know if the follow-up chapter is planned for this year or early next year or if we're looking at 6+ months.

I know a lot of people disliked the KotFE expansion but I enjoyed knowing that we were getting a new chapter every month. Better than sitting and waiting and not knowing what's coming.

I would call this a revamp with a teaser that is it.

QFE , couldn't have said it better myself.

Very measured tone with your post, but so on-point with what a great majority of us devoted (still subscribed) Vets are feeling. Doesn't mean i'm not enjoying the game & all, cuz imo it's very possible for a sophisticated human to BOTH enjoy aspects of SWTOR and yet at the same time be severely disappointed in other parts.

I only wish Eric & crew would take the sentiment to heart (once the server update is back in 'stable' mode) and express some level of authentic acknowledgement to our community.. My belief is, internally they want to...but does EA (and Disney) allow them to?

Edited by Nee-Elder