Akaavi Spar

HerbieZ

I just wanted to chime in. I think Akaavi Spar is by far the best companion in the game. I know she is not everyones cup of tea but i seriously see through her demeanor to a proud hearted warrior whom deep down, desires a single bit of stability in her life if at least to be her compass. I love her. She has so much history and though she seems broody she can be playful and fun :) . I like her history with Clan Spar and her missions to take revenge for their death.

Kudos to her character design team and voice actress as they created a character that i wished existed in real life. :D

She is also muscular and i like muscular women. :D

I couldn't agree more. My main is a Scoundrel and i play him as the typical womanising, gambling, drinking joker that the Smuggler story really demands imo. I knew about the romances before and had planned to totally romance the hot although shallow criminal princess.

However once i got Akaavi onboard my ship and really started to go through her story i couldn't help but warm to her in exactly the same way you did op. Beneath that cold hard exterior is a loyal, warm and to some degree lonely woman whom desires nothing more that a companion who she can trust and fall back on. When the two women had a confrontation over me i had a dilemma on my hands. Risha's character fit my Smuggler well and in reality he would have chose her. But my own heart and mind overruled that decision and i chose Akaavi.

As you say kudos too whoever wrote her character and story because they did a brilliant job in making me, the audience ,really care about a fictional character and thats the sign of a job well done.

Akaavi is my best companion from a combat standpoint as well. I did a lot of dummy parse testing, and she comes out way ahead of Risha in DPS, even when Risha is wearing better gear. (And Akaavi is just full Columi, whereas Risha is mostly Rakata. I even tested her wearing MY gear.)

On top of that, Akaavi has more survivability. I love using her as a scrapper because we can level mobs so fast together that I hardly run down on energy, whereas I'd have more downtime replenishing energy with Guss. I do recommend turning off her knockback, though, especially if you're scrapper.

Edited by Stenrik

Having hit 50 a few weeks ago, I'm kitting out Spar. - She's the perfect aggro combo for me.... Grabbing the attention of the enemy while I fill them with hot plasma, and Corso flies overhead strafing the lot of 'em. - Besides, I wouldn't take my husband (Riggs) on any mision too risky....

The only downside to Spar is that she looks like a man in the 'slave girl' outfit!

I got a little teary-eyed when she told me she never had any friends but if she did then I would be the closest to it.

her awkward ways of telling me she likes me <3

She has a very very memorable quote towards the end of her story. My mouth absolutely dropped that they wrote it in. I had to go find it on youtube just to listen to it again after it happened. It's something I'm sure the equivalent of most people will never hear anything close to in their entire life otherwise. I actually felt like I was watching something intimate, innocent, and genuine. It still floors me.

I still can't believe they wrote it in. Just .. there aren't words. Whoever wrote the end of her romance / mando line is amazing. They deserve to write an entire novel, graphic or otherwise on just Akaavi. And I would buy it.

I still stand by though that they need a 2nd set of voice work for her actually liking you for ingame. :/

Edited by siegeshot

She has a very very memorable quote towards the end of her story. My mouth absolutely dropped that they wrote it in. I had to go find it on youtube just to listen to it again after it happened. It's something I'm sure the equivalent of most people will never hear anything close to in their entire life otherwise. I actually felt like I was watching something intimate, innocent, and genuine. It still floors me.

I still can't believe they wrote it in. Just .. there aren't words. Whoever wrote the end of her romance / mando line is amazing. They deserve to write an entire novel, graphic or otherwise on just Akaavi. And I would buy it.

I still stand by though that they need a 2nd set of voice work for her actually liking you for ingame. :/

Don't leave me hanging now =) what did she say?

I really like playing with Akaavi, had my smuggler been male I would probably have romanced her.

Hey Akaavi fans. I was wondering if you could answer a question for me.

How is her romance as a light side character? I've had a lot of people tell me she's really meant for DS players but, hell, I like her a lot more than whats her face who chills in my cargo hold all day,

I think Akaavi is fine for a LS character, tbh. (I played neutral, but often tried out "other options.") Even though she's more likely to want to kill someone in a standoff, it's all about "honor" with her. Not about trying to seek personal power just for the sake of it, or using deception to manipulate people.

Let your light side character see her as "someone with integrity". Someone who was just misled by her upbringing but a good heart inside.

Edited by Stenrik

Hey Akaavi fans. I was wondering if you could answer a question for me.

How is her romance as a light side character? I've had a lot of people tell me she's really meant for DS players but, hell, I like her a lot more than whats her face who chills in my cargo hold all day,

I was a LS smuggler who romanced her. Sometimes I had to pick DS options in order to gain affection, but they were choices that I would have picked anyways. Sometimes if a choice would cause me to break character too much, I would just take the "-2 hit". But I would make it up for it with another less-jerky choice later in the conversation, that she'd like. Which would also fit the mentality of my smuggler. LS Smuggler with Akaavi works better than you'd think.

(And I've used Risha like 5 or 6 times. She can type on that keyboard in my ship until her fingers fall off, for all I care.)

Edited by Dharnell

yeah she's grown on me more than i thought she would. of course by that time i already maxxed risha to 10000 and married her etc. oddly i still got the scene with akaavi later on where i got the choose me or risha dialogue options.

apparently the "let's have both" option does exist (though i chose risha to end it with akaavi instead of picking akaavi and seeing what happened since risha was a better fit for my smuggler just in case- her lines at the end of the smuggler's story if you picked the flirt optons were hilarious).

winder if the same will happen with vette and jaesa- got vette to that part- now just waiting for jaesa to get there

It's amazing how loyal you become to your companions. I have stuck with Corso - declined his advances though - but I did get excited when I realised Akaavi was a potential companion and thought she might be the one to replace him as my smuggler's constant. However, as I am only in the process of bringing her up to par gearwise, she is constantly summoned and sent back to ship and I have to say her "My guns itch" greeting really sets my teeth on edge. Once I have her geared and using her more frequently it may become less of a problem, but right now the thoughts that one phrase provokes is enough to put me off her for good :(

I just met up with her the other day on my scoundrel. I liked her from the get go. The attitude and how she flys off the handle really fits her look and the fact that she is a Mandalorian. I'm looking forward to finishing up Balmorra so I can start running with her.

I may even start using her over my trusty meat shield, Corso.

• 5 weeks later...

Risha is cute and all that, but man how boring...

When I first bumped into Akaavi (in the storyline) I didn't know she were to be my companion and though.

DANG......I want her!! For those (some) of us who like to work out....she's dead sexy.

God there's so many quotes that just has to stay in this game.......

My next door neighbor plays the game too (both vets from SWG) so we get it vented now and then lol

Anyways.....now many lvls later she turns out to be the best companion I have

Better dps even on single targets than Risha

Defiantly a wife subject..

Takes action, fit, dark, mysterious and introvert

• 11 months later...
I like Bowdar a lot as a tank because I am a healer, but at least she speaks English. I am wondering, when does she become a permanent companion and not a guest? I abandoned a quest in bug town to talk to someone else, thinking I could come back and get it after I got my tauntaun. Now it's gone. Did I mess up my storyline for that planet?

Did I mess up my storyline for that planet?

You might have but it shouldn't be possible to mess up your class storyline (you're not allowed to abandon any of it). Normally she's supposed to join you permanently after you're finished with your class quests on Balmorra.