'All Or Nothing' Attitude?

simplistic

there will be lvl 50's dancing around me and laughing at me with their 'you're not a true pre-orderer' eyes. Totally takes the immersion outta the game for me. Anyone else feeling this way? :(

sounds a lot like penile envy. Sorry if that word offends someone.

and not even one, in history, ever, staggered it. it has always been binary, 1 or 0, black and white. You were in for the headstart or you waited for the release day.

never this "you will join the headstart in waves" idiocy.

And then for the entire length the game was running for (over a decade in some cases and still going) anyone that joined after launch is in exactly the same spot that anyone that did not get into the first day of EGA is in and seem to cope fine. I'm pretty sure most people that join after launch wont be complaining like those that haven't got into EGA yet.

Edited by TDarksword

If you're in a guild that won't let you into Raids because you are a day and a half behind, you're in a crap guild. Sorry man.

Quoted for truth.

Never understood the point of racing for the end-game anyway. You're paying money to play a game that they took years designing, writing, recording dialogue for, etc. What's the point of skipping 99% of the game just so you can play the last 1% over and over and over?

And can someone design an MMO that skips the game and goes straight to raiding so that the people who care about nothing else can go there and leave me to quest in peace? We can have the game start you out at level 1,230, just so you feel like you accomplished something. You didn't, and it doesn't mean anything, as you'll never level; you'll just grind for gear all day, every day. But at least you'll do it far away from me.

and not even one, in history, ever, staggered it. it has always been binary, 1 or 0, black and white. You were in for the headstart or you waited for the release day.

never this "you will join the headstart in waves" idiocy

its a good thing that BioWare copied WoW from A to Z with their game, because when they try to reinvent the wheel they only produce crap...

I don't know about you, but I'd rather know I'm pretty much 99% guaranteed to be able to play the game before the official launch, just not at exactly the same time as everyone else, than to know that I will not be able to play before launch at all. I mean, seriously, we're still ONE day ahead of the 5 days they told us we MAY have. I like how this is working, I just wish people were a little more patient and understanding.

"My Raid spot is on the line?"

Over two or three days? Please, over dramatic exaggeration much?

"There will be 50's dancing around me judging me!"

In a month, no one will know. Also, Get a freakin' backbone if you are worried about the what the kinds of people that make 50 in three days think of you. :p

"My Name, omg my naaaame!"

Throw some letters in a blender. It's Star Wars. Equal vowels and consonant ratio preferred. I understand about wanting to use the same name as previous games. I do too. However, I accept that part of having a cool name is that I am not a unique snowflake, and other people might think it's cool. What if some other guy has Also been using that name for a long time, and just been on other games/different shards than you, fair is fair.

Also, change is good. Try something else for once. Or Try something more unusual.

"I paid the same as these other guys! I should be in too!"

You didn't pay the same as these other guys, they invested money before you, on a product that has grown in value since the initial investment. Just because I buy Microsoft today, does not mean my stock has the same value as someone who bought it ten years ago. Of course I should not expect the same return. Admittedly, we're talking a much smaller scale here, but still. Early adopters who took a risk on pre-ordering get a higher value return for their risk. Such is the way of the world.

I Registered on day one of the resgiteration process (See join date), but didn't pre-order until I played the beta. I am now paying the price for my caution by not getting in right away. And I'm okay with that.