Fix Darth Malgus knockback mechanic

OMG so many guys just dont get it, do You.

The point is that many MANY dont know this requirement for two knockbacks.

Its not advertised anywhere and there is just simply no way of knowing this unless you specifically ask for this boss tactics. But if You just want to find out Your own tactics, the problem occures.

You spend what 2-3 hours clearing this instance with bunch of nice guys, have fun, share some nice loots and finally get to last boss. Fight him well beat him to 5% and oops..cant kill him. But the problem is we dont have ANYONE with knockback. Sentinel dps, Vanguard tank, Vanguard dps and Scoundrel healer.

So at that point (you know the grapping hook is bugged and boss just keeps shooting lightnings from somewhere below..) You need to say BYE! to half of Your group and find two new members who can knockback.

The thing is that this boss on hard mode drops set chest token and obviously everybody want that.

So EITHER advertise that two knockbacks are required for this instance in quest description (although nobody really reads that, right?) or change the mechanics of this fight so it can be "Bring player" or "Bring class", NOT "Bring Advanced Class".

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whining about unique mechanics in bosses simply discourages creative boss design. How many ways do you really think there are to make things different? There are only so many mechanics you can use to make a fight fun. In the end, they all look like the same, recycled garbage. At least this is something different that takes some coordination to set up and is mildly challenging.

You are automatically assuming that any solution that doesn't discriminate certain classes is not creative. But it's fine really, being a creative designer means to find solutions where others see none ;)

I, for one, found certain fights in this game to be particularly interesting, like in the Colicoid War Games or when we had to fight Darth Ikoral at the end of Red Reaper without having read the tacts, as there were none around. It was fun. And what about Mentor? It might be quite an easy fight, but every single person I know found it amazing the first time they did it. Me included. Most importantly, no one had to be left out in those fights.

Now, it is normal for a boss to become a lame faceroll once the game is older and the community and/or your guild is more experienced. That includes Malgus as well, with the only difference that if his mechanic isn't tweaked a little, it will have additional restrictions on party setups and certain players will have a much harder time to find a group to that Flashpoint, especially when most people will be familiar with how the fight works.

So EITHER advertise that two knockbacks are required for this instance in quest description (although nobody really reads that, right?) or change the mechanics of this fight so it can be "Bring player" or "Bring class", NOT "Bring Advanced Class".

Simple solutions for a brighter tomorrow :p

Edited by CrimsonV

Please do not nerf these encounters, its not bugged its just you who dont understand it.

You need to place him BEFORE he becomes immune to damage. And his placement needs to be fairly near an edge. Also you need to do two reall quick pushbacks, as a gunslinger i can handle that alone. But its vital that you do it within 1-2 sec atleast, so learn to communicate.

I really like that even in 4 man not all encounters are total pushovers, if they start nerfing like blizzard did in wow its gonna ruin this fine game.

Please do not nerf these encounters, its not bugged its just you who dont understand it.

You need to place him BEFORE he becomes immune to damage. And his placement needs to be fairly near an edge. Also you need to do two reall quick pushbacks, as a gunslinger i can handle that alone. But its vital that you do it within 1-2 sec atleast, so learn to communicate.

I really like that even in 4 man not all encounters are total pushovers, if they start nerfing like blizzard did in wow its gonna ruin this fine game.

Did You even read the replies?

Guess not.

Problem will be solved for everyone lacking knockbacks come patch tommorow.

"Players can now acquire special Pulse Grenades outside of Darth Malgus’ throne room. These grenades aid groups lacking knockback abilities in defeating him."

Read the patch notes!!

Edited by SoQVertical

Malgus always has one 1vs1 phase with each player (the one where he chokes the other party members). If you want ANY composition to work, just get high enough dps to kill him before he finishes the 4th 1vs1 phase (he won't become immune). Problem solved.

We wiped the first time, since we didn't see the knockback buff.

The 2nd time, he was solo attacking the healer didn't get the debuff and his HP still dropped to 0. Leaving his corpse behind.

AT least I finished it, wrong way or not. Wonder why he didn't get the immune/knockback buff on our 2nd try....

Problem will be solved for everyone lacking knockbacks come patch tommorow.

"Players can now acquire special Pulse Grenades outside of Darth Malgus’ throne room. These grenades aid groups lacking knockback abilities in defeating him."

Read the patch notes!!

I wonder if this means someone with a knockback can just do it on their own without coordination now.

As far as I know the only possible combination that wouldn't work is having 2 sentinel dps and a scoundrel healer in the group and at the same time NOT having a shadow tank (because as I shadow tank I can throw him solo with 2 knockbacks). It is a very small possibilty and it'll be already fixed with the patch. The mechanic is quite original and cinematic so I hope they won't change anything about it.

Skimmed the thread. TL,DR: More classes with knockbacks claiming that fights that favor having a knockback are fair. "Like, everyone has them! I have two! What's your problem?" I see the same attitude in Huttball all the time, usually coming from sages and the like. Bioware needs to stop making pushes/pulls so vital to success or to give them to everyone. It's complete BS that some classes get several of these abilities when others don't have any.

--Medic operative.