The Mysterious Ancient Tome

since it was rumored the Queen of Sands would actually come officially in 2.4? .
This was never really a rumor, it was baseless speculation by one person who went "uhh it was orginially rumored in 1.2...and this is the 2nd year of SWTOR...soo 1.2 x 2 = 2.4..OMG IT'S COMING IN 2.4 GUISE!!!!!"

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your friend datamined the Sanddemons cave of the Sithwarrior storyline and labeled it as krayt dragon cave.

No, I had already expected this outcome : A story line cave labelled as such, because a Kryt Dragon lies nearby ... Or some other reason.

There are *lots* of caves out there, and they *all* need to have a name that's easy to remember ...

By the way, on the wyy from Thorazan (spelling ?) to the World Boss, there is an half dead, starving Bantha, which is surrounded by 3 groups of flying critters - again, there's the number "3", combined with an oddly looking animal ... I wonder whether it can be fed ? What happens if one approaches this animal with the 3 buffs applied ? Because - I thought - that's what this animal would really need ... strength and hope to go on ... what was the third again ?

Edit :

Courage - to endure the heat, the critters and to go on,

Patience, to wait until food and/or water comes

Hope, that anything comes at all.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

No, I had already expected this outcome : A story line cave labelled as such, because a Kryt Dragon lies nearby ... Or some other reason.

There are *lots* of caves out there, and they *all* need to have a name that's easy to remember ...

By the way, on the wyy from Thorazan (spelling ?) to the World Boss, there is an half dead, starving Bantha, which is surrounded by 3 groups of flying critters - again, there's the number "3", combined with an oddly looking animal ... I wonder whether it can be fed ? What happens if one approaches this animal with the 3 buffs applied ? Because - I thought - that's what this animal would really need ... strength and hope to go on ... what was the third again ?

Edit :

I can try, what are the Coordinates?

Edit :

I don't remember the exact coordinates to help the person above, but I went there with the 3 buffs pre 2.4, and proceeded to kill the flying creatures and the bantha with the buffs and nothing happened. This isn't the only instance of this bantha on tatooine though, I've seen one somewhere in the republic area of the planet, and at least one other spawn out in the Dune Sea, which maybe you're supposed to kill them all before something happens (though that's stretching it a little far)

Well Fed Womprat and a Starving Bantha..... Indeed, a link seems to be there...

I doubt it. So many random things in the game... Remember catch misleading us? Took some piles of snow which players compared to and found similar to the map of hoth? And that bugged tuantaun, which appeared to be a miniature ;P

On the other hand, how were people able to deduce so quickly what to do to a) get that meganta crystal, b) get that mini-tauntaun pet ?

Both happened FAR before my time - and that's why I'm so much frustrated that there is nothing new to find nowadays ... Except by progress groups ... But I digress ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

If you look at a previous image many of the caves are simply "cave_1" "cave_2" etc. This one is unique.

Well now that it's official, the dread masters are dead, I guess this time doesn't have to do with them.

Tatooine is probably the planet the Devs put the most work into for immersion's sake. Literally anything out of the ordinary could be, or could be misinterpreted, as a clue.

That being said, I think I'm going to go off planet and search for some clues. Where should I start?

I did not really participate in this discussion so far, but i saw something in the current patch notes for tomorrow, maybe it will be helpful:

•After a generous donation, the Tourism Cartel of Tatooine is able to provide visitors to Mos Ila Spaceport and Anchorhead Spaceport with information that will allow players to earn the "History of Tatooine" Lore Codex entry.

Edited by THoK-Zeus

I did not really participate in this discussion so far, but i saw something in the current patch notes for tomorrow, maybe it will be helpful:

•After a generous donation, the Tourism Cartel of Tatooine is able to provide visitors to Mos Ila Spaceport and Anchorhead Spaceport with information that will allow players to earn the "History of Tatooine" Lore Codex entry.

So we have to check out that the Tome is still there(cause we now hat it won't be giving us that achievement)......

I didn't do that jump yet, bewcause I wanted to finish my Smuggler's class story.

However, there is one Corso Riggs companion quest taking place on Tatooine - and it has a door that cannot be opened ...

Spoiler for those who've played all or almost all Corso Riggs companion quests through :

It's the quest with the cannibals. Here is an discussion about it : http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=45407

As a side-note, I found via the help of another discussion here that there is another tunnel helping to get to the quest area, bypassing both the Outlaws' Den and the imperial outpost ... THe funny thing with that tunnel is, that it cannot be seen from a distance ... Well hidden ! I thought.

I wonder whether this door - which locks away a part of the quest's cave from the rest of the quest's vave - can be opened somehow ? The bad thing is that this door is accessible only during this particular quest ...

It could also be a try to lock out an area that is uninteresting ... but why shouldn't the devs do it ? The rest behind that locked door is - according to the map - as big as the accessible "quest cave" !

TORHead entry on that companion quest : http://www.torhead.com/mission/5BJGIKH/in-a-pickle#show-map

Click on "Tribal Settlement Cave" under "relevant locations" to see the cave's map.

Beware ! It is high-spoilerish ! ;)

The locked door is in the almost exact middle of that map.

One possibility would be that the other half of this map is used elsewhere ... So, that they'd have 1 map for 2 quests within that game ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

The door is Corso's quest is because that same instance is used for an Imperial world arc quest. The door is used in that quest.

Oh, thank you. I never knew that.

And you don't haveto make the jump with all the 3 buffs into the Sarlac Pit.... you can go anytime for an....title

I already read that somewhere. ;) I even saw that title in an screenshot (I think it was about PvP) here somewhere in the forums. ;)

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

• 2 weeks later...
Kinda popping in this thread a little late, but is there any confirmation that this still actually works??? I had a guildy that remembers fighting this thing on top of the GTN. It was a certain item that applied a buff, then hitting the tombstone would activate it, bring forth a boss of some sorts. Being that this was over 2 years ago the item or the name of the item is unkown. Not sure if this is helpful in the least but it is something me and a friend Outlaw have been looking into for a while before we dug up this information.

If your friend summoned this boss about 2 years ago, then this must have been in Beta. So, can this simply be a remnant of the beta phase which didn't make it to the alpha release? That would be so... disappointing. But it would surely be an explanation. ;)

Yes that can be true, but how can it be considering this thread is still up and not closed. But what about this; In beta a item was used to summon this thing, that isn't out of reach just yet, DT in Section X at 10 stacks drops a charm that unlocks a boss called Dreadful Entity in a 55 12man operation. That boss is said to drop something somewhat similar to kill another boss named Hateful Entity I believe in a 55 12m operation. That boss has yet to be defeated and shown off with the specific item he drops but that could apply the correct buff to hit this unlocking the final sequence of the long boss fight in a second sense. This is a bit far off but trying to connect this with Queen Of The Sands that is going to become active in patch 2.3 or so better known as Dread Masters Patch. Would the chain move onto those two ops? I don't know but it would help explain a little but more about the "Dragon" that is on tattooing.