Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

You sound like a religious fanatic, trying to convert people to join your cult.

Hate to rain on your parade, but dude be realistic. Ea/Bioware have committed to merge the servers with NA

im sure they have seen your little petition floating around. It isnt going to change anything. But of course Im a so called "troll" to the people who i dont have the same opinion as.

No. YOU sound like the religious fanatic trying to comvince everyone on this thread stop signing petitions and to suck up EAwares decision. I don't even visit these forums but everytime I do I see you posting obsessively about how everyone is wasting their time and they should just suck it up. Let me put it this way, signing the petition can only increase their chances of a server merge so where's the harm?

I unsubbed weeks ago so this decision won't even affect me but I can understand the disappointment and anger at having to move servers and essentially removing competitive PVP for players.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. I don't even visit these forums but everytime I do I see you posting obsessively .

So wait you don't visit the forums..yet when you do you see him posting obsessively?

Is this real life?

Edited by jackdaley

You too! :D

Well we dont need luck as our desired outcome is a certainty.

And we will be having fun because we are still subbed to the game and when the merges come will be playing with good populations :)

But with whatever you choose to do after you leave this game in protest, i wish you well in :)

No. YOU sound like the religious fanatic trying to comvince everyone on this thread stop signing petitions and to suck up EAwares decision. I don't even visit these forums but everytime I do I see you posting obsessively about how everyone is wasting their time and they should just suck it up. Let me put it this way, signing the petition can only increase their chances of a server merge so where's the harm?

I unsubbed weeks ago so this decision won't even affect me but I can understand the disappointment and anger at having to move servers and essentially removing competitive PVP for players.

Says he doesnt come to forums.

Says he see's all my posts.

Signing the petition adds nothing to the chances of a server merge.

WAT DO

Well we dont need luck as our desired outcome is a certainty.

And we will be having fun because we are still subbed to the game and when the merges come will be playing with good populations :)

But with whatever you choose to do after you leave this game in protest, i wish you well in :)

so you got what you wanted, why are you still here, the title of this thread is APAC/oceanic server concerns

you have no reason to be here

Also if people really want to convince anyone here that they are actually qutting over this, not just saying i unsubbed to be back in a couple of weeks acting like they were never upset. do the following:

1)Give all your credits to a good friend that is staying with the game, it will help him more than it will ever help you, if you have no friends give it to random person and make hims day.

2)Sell all your gear and leave your char naked.

3) Post screen shots of said act.

Also if people really want to convince anyone here that they are actually qutting over this, not just saying i unsubbed to be back in a couple of weeks acting like they were never upset. do the following:

1)Give all your credits to a good friend that is staying with the game, it will help him more than it will ever help you, if you have no friends give it to random person and make hims day.

2)Sell all your gear and leave your char naked.

3) Post screen shots of said act.

You said you had enough of this silly thread yet you are still here posting.

Oh and by the way, you can have a high IQ, be educated, and still be a moron with no common sense...

You said you had enough of this silly thread yet you are still here posting.

Oh and by the way, you can have a high IQ, be educated, and still be a moron with no common sense...

i said i had enough of the silly petition posts, im sure in your dictionary common sense involves calling anyone that disagrees with you a homosexual.

Even if they are unsubbing im sure EA/bioware expected it. And that they have gone ahead with the merge it shows they arent worried to lose a few subs.

This wouldnt have been an overnight decision-alot of discussion would of went into this by the devs.

This, unfortunately, is the way it is. 'Not an overnight decision' is the understatement of the century, by the way - I firmly believe this decision was made five or six months ago, and that EAWare has been milking the purchase of Cartel Coins (and subscriptions) out of us like shackled cows since then. The slow trickle of subscriptions was the price they were willing to pay, as they knew it would turn into an avalanche once the announcement was made.

While I certainly agree with those who would prefer an APAC server merger, I also realize that it won't happen. Evidence? Take a look at how they handled the mergers of the EU and NA servers. Clumsy, arbitrary, no appeals, and absolutely no deviating from their plan. There was no grace or elegance in how they did anything, and they weathered the sh*tstorm and took their lumps. Multiple threads on server choice, naming conventions (and their bizarre, arcane formulas that they used to determine who got to keep their names), the genesis of the 'paid transfer' issue (only recently given any sort of real answer...if you trust their word), and so on...most unresolved, and some still a sore topic even today.

Sure, I signed the petition. What the heck, can't do any real harm. But I realize it's like signing a petition to disband the Department of Finance, fire the Finance Minister, and never pay taxes again. It's a bump in the road that won't even slow them down. They're used to walking out into the storm (they'd have to be, considering their ranking among game companies), and all the lightning we throw won't even make them blink.

And dumping on Eric for this does no good. Sure, he could try to avoid insulting our intelligence when he makes his posts, I'd certainly appreciate that, but the decision wasn't his. This is a replay of not only the earlier merges, but a similar situation many moons ago with $OE, where the new community rep got dropped into the middle of an online forum minefield. It wasn't the rep's fault then, and it isn't Eric's fault now. As long as he stops treating us like idiots who have no idea what's going on, that's all we can reasonably demand.

We'll see what happens, but I firmly believe that 'what' will be NA server merges. No appeals, no choices, no changes in the Grand Plan, no deviating from the Party Line. I'd say that I'll be talking to all my fellow transferees on Harbinger (and maybe Begeren Colony), but I'll have General Chat disabled, so I won't have to listen to the whoops and howls of the native wildlife.

Edited by Aebrynis

I wanted to give an update on some things and answer some questions we have seen in the thread. First, one of the things we have seen multiple people suggest is that if we are going to merge the APAC servers into the NA West servers that we should give you the option to choose which NA West server you transfer to. Knowing that some APAC players have existing characters and Legacies on some NA West servers already, we agree. When we open free transfers we will allow you one time transfer from your current APAC server to any one of the NA West servers. Note: The actual server merges themselves will still happen based on server type, so once we open transfers make sure you move all of your characters to the server you want before the merge happens.

We have also seen some concerns that we “haven’t considered what NA West’s populations are at offpeak times.” Actually, this is part of the reason we are making the decision to move APAC into NA West. Currently the equivalent NA West servers are seeing higher populations at offpeak times than their APAC counterparts. Meaning that even during offpeak NA times, the APAC players should see an increase in population after the transfers/merges.

-eric

I am no longer amused, this is twice there has been transfers due to APAC and ZERO TIMES for anyone else. YOU BETTER LET EVERYONE HAVE THE ABILITY TO FREE TRANSFER BEFORE YOU START CHARGING US FOR IT!

I am no longer amused, this is twice there has been transfers due to APAC and ZERO TIMES for anyone else. YOU BETTER LET EVERYONE HAVE THE ABILITY TO FREE TRANSFER BEFORE YOU START CHARGING US FOR IT!

see this is what happens when they don't give a proper announcement, instant hate. i bet this guy only just found out about the server merge, and now he has to get the rest of the information from us

while ur at it, can we get free faction rerolls too pls

i swapped from sith to jedi when i rerolled on harbringer a few months back thinkin id never have my apac sith chars on the same accnt

would love to have them be able to all be on the same faction.

thx!

see this is what happens when they don't give a proper announcement, instant hate. i bet this guy only just found out about the server merge, and now he has to get the rest of the information from us

no, I dont read the forums unless i see something i want to answer on the dev tracker. the rest of you people are insignificant.

More communication during this transition would be ideal for those who are staying Bioware. I won't be one of them, if this goes ahead, but those left behind deserve better channels of communication and more information regarding name changes. Edited by PseudoScience

Thanks for the heads up BW. My concerns with this merger are the reasons why I moved from The Harbinger in the first place....PVP and Flashpoints were nearly impossible due to latency. I live in New Zealand and have accepted that the internet here is not on par with USA or Aus. However, having a server located "near" has greatly increased the quality of play.

Since this merger is going to happen, perhaps BW could sweeten the deal...

• Allowing us to keep our Character's names (I'm very attached to the names of my level 50's)
  • Allowing us to keep our Legacy names (I'm also very attached to my Legacy name)
  • A generous gift of Cartel Coins and/or Credits
  • A speical speeder or pet that will only be available to those who have been transfered

Yes, I can be bribed :rolleyes:

Thanks for the heads up BW. My concerns with this merger are the reasons why I moved from The Harbinger in the first place....PVP and Flashpoints were nearly impossible due to latency. I live in New Zealand and have accepted that the internet here is not on par with USA or Aus. However, having a server located "near" has greatly increased the quality of play.

• Allowing us to keep our Character's names (I'm very attached to the names of my level 50's)
  • Allowing us to keep our Legacy names (I'm also very attached to my Legacy name)
  • A speical speeder or pet that will only be available to those who have been transfered

While i sympathise with you (being a kiwi myself) that would be a bit unfair to the players already on The Harbinger i.e character names. Although some sort of compensation should be given to you guys.

I hope you don't drink lion red because with those requests it seems so lol, I agree it would be nice to keep legacy or player names but also a lot of other servers have had this same issue and they got nothing and asking for special treatment that's never going to happen.

So the only sweeten deal you will get is being able to ride and lurk around a nice and busy Imperial / Republic fleet

This point may have been brought up already, not sure, but its worth restating even if it has.

My guild had a meeting last night and the most pertinent point that came out of it all to me is that Americans are around 14hrs to 16hrs behind us. So basically when we are playing they will be sleeping, when we are sleeping they will be playing, merging with them is going to do little to help our population issues.

Ping seems to be the biggest concern with this type of merger, because pretty much all Aussie pings will triple. So two Questions i have for Bioware:

How will you deal with the Lag in PVE 8 & 16 man Operations?

How long do you think Aussie PVP players will last against US players? Keeping in mind the 20ms US pings will dominate the 180ms Aussies pings.

Way to go in offering the best playing experience..

"We will give it a little time and if we do not see significant improvement, then we will move ahead with the solution that offers the best playing experience for the Oceanic community."

Jeff Hickman

Executive Producer

Did someone say World of Warcraft is looking good again?

Did someone say World of Warcraft is looking good again?

WOW doesn't have localized aussie servers either so the problems you find here with ping will be the same. Thus, saying wow is looking good is a moot point as you will experience the same core problems. However, I do believe they have localized Brazilian servers in addition to the Euro and NA servers, but they don't have any aussie localized that's for sure.

You aussie players never had a real transfer. Yes, you were transferred to APAC servers when they first came out, but you all had the same chance of acquiring character and legacy names since they were new severs with no prior population. Thus, when the APAC servers were first open a lot of aussie players reserved their character names in advance just like when the game first launched. However, every one on the current NA servers had to go through two mergers. The first was the voluntary wave of transfer or merge followed by the wave of forced transfers. Plus, there was that super server merging, which was the second merge. In both cases many players lost their character names. Personally, I don't think you aussies should get any dips on any names like what happen to many players the first round of server merging.

You also forgot that all you voluntary transferred to new and unpopulated APAC severs. We NA and European players didn't have that luxury the first or second wave of server merging. Thus, I don't think you aussie players should get any thing special from this merging nor should the second round of rules apply since you aussie players are for the first time being transferred to an existing server and their is the fact you all voluntary transferred to the aussie servers. Every who transferred to the APAC servers should have know that there was always a possibility that APAC servers would be shutdown if the population wasn't high enough. It was a risk you all took when you transferred voluntary.

Edited by Knockerz