Balmorra Traken 4 legacy

There's no cookie cutter answer.

It depends on what lights are on when you get there.

Here's a java script table, use a 3x3 table and select which lights are currently on. Select Solve and use the answer shown to achieve the quest.

http://www.ueda.info.waseda.ac.jp/~n-kato/lightsout/index.html

This helped out, a lot. Thanks a bunch. Just a heads up. Once you complete the circuit, The guns blast the ship out of the sky. It lands in the cesspool next to the gun turret.

• 11 months later...
1--2--3

4--5--6

7--8--9

#1 At the front of the base and furthest left.

#2 Right next to the base (To your left if you are facing the base and in the far back)

#3 Third closet to the turret and the base.

#4 Near the pond by a bunch of debris.

#5 Center power transformer connected to the four other transformers in a "cross" pattern.

#6 In front of #9 and next to #3 if you are going counterclock wise.

#7 Near toxin pond to the left of the turret right behind the turret.

#8 Next to the Turret and between #7 (left back) and #9 (right)

#9 Connected to the Turret

Look at the current state of the puzzle. You dont need to 'number the poles' but it is easier if you draw a 3x3 grid on a piece of paper and put a dot wherever a pole is OFF. Now go click EVERY off pole that was off when you recorded the state. Ignore whether the poles change state as you click them...just click every off pole that was off when you recorded it.

Now you have a new state. Again record every OFF pole. Then click every pole that was off. Repeat as needed. Depending on the initial state, most can be solved in 3-5 iterations - but some are longer, some shorter.

If you miss a pole or click the wrong pole it will screw it up. Just again record the state and click every off pole.

The above method is explained in greater detail with sample grid layouts in this post:

BTW, if you want a trivlal to memorize (albeit requiring a ton of steps) method of doing this. ...

Another simple method starts from having only the center lit (that's #5)

Hit 5 to get 2,4,6, and 8 on.

hit 2 hit 6 hit 8 hit 4 (those are North East South and West on your 3x3 grid, just go clockwise)

now all the lights are off and you can use the simple corner method already mentioned which is

IF tower all all off

then hit the towers in this order

1/3/7/9/5

if all towers are on turn 1 off then back on

Position numbers for the towers are from the first quoted post.

I followed the second quote above and at some point I had all lights off except the middle one (#5)

Then I followed the fourth quote above (it gives credit to the fifth post quoted above). That solved it.

I'd like to try to solve it only using the method in second quote sometime.

• 1 month later...