Question of the Day 7/8/2013

I do like thrantas, and they get a bonus for actually being mounts, sorta, but I still squee a little every time I see varactyls. C'mon, a color assortment of varries would make a great minipet set... :D

On a whim, I'd answer Rancor. After a second thought, I like Veractyls and Acklays too.

But definitely not Bormus. Take an elephant, take a bacteria, mix them, and you get a Bormu.

But I've always been wondering... why most of beasts (the ones that are not already in the movies) are monstruous ?

I know it's a different galaxy and time, but yet why ?

Especially salky "dogs". According to the Huttball sponsoring, it seems they're like pets... but when looking at them, let's say, in Cademimu... urk ! Who could take them as pets ?

Edited by Altheran

I'm sorta torn between Rancor and Uxibeast, for different reasons. :o

Rancor because, well, other than the fact that they're frackin' sweet, I still remember the first one I spotted roaming free on Belsavis many, many moons ago (on my first character). I stopped running around and just stared at the hulking beast for a minute before actually saying (out-loud), "Yeah, I'll have me a piece of that..." * :) Was the first time I remember using my CE Holocamera to take a shot of the kill, before harvesting it's bioanalysis gooey center.

Uxibeast simply because... well, I don't know why, really, lol. Every time I see one of those spiky cows, I exclaim, "UXI!", and have to run my speeder through them. Same goes for the Icetrompers on Hoth (well, the speeder thing; I don't cry out "uxi" when I run through the trompers; that would be just plain weird! :p)

So, probably Rancor, because there's nothing particularly special about the Uxibeast, but that won't stop me from charging through them.

* This was quickly followed by (again, out-loud), "For LUUUUKE!!" as I attacked the beast

Edited by Fractal_Eye

The dinosaurs or mesa beasts or whatever they're called on Makeb. I durn near walked right into a champion-level one on my first time through the planet, stopped, backed up and just stared in shock for a few moments. I think I actually said "Dude, what?" out loud. Followed by "Okay, who let InGen loose in the Star Wars universe?"

my favorite creatures are the Varactyl (also known as dragonmounts :p).... (Feathers!) simply because they are one of the few creatures that I don't think 'wait, what? how does it eat?' (or with thranta's 'how can you fly? you have too much body mass! aaaand your wings are the wrong shape :confused: ) also because cute! a giant, probably flesh eating, bird-look-alike that can probably kill you with one bite :eek:

my second favorite creature is are the nexu, double pointed tail, sharp (and many teeth) claws and that smile :rak_01:

The dinosaurs or mesa beasts or whatever they're called on Makeb.

I did the shock-stare at those compy-like things the first time I saw them. I can't set foot in Sanctuary now without hearing "Welcome...to Jurassic Park!"

Favorite creatures though- thrantas. My son adores them, calls them "dragons", and when I hit Alderaan with my very first character he insisted that I take the thranta taxis back and forth and...back and....forth...and...it went on until I ran out of credits to pay for dragon rides. A nice memory associated with thrantas :)

Without a doubt...Nexu! I loved my Bounty Hunter/Beastmaster's attack Nexu in SWG and I miss sicking her on my targets. So seeing Nexu on Taris and Voss and even a few on Corellia always makes me smile. They are just that awesome! Now if we culd a little Nexu cub pet...;)