biochem - changes

jaliscoautuick

Only just realized biochem has been changed - at some point =) Not sure when.

But, the main change I am referring to are the rakata medpacs, and it not giving 15% more health for 15 seconds.

First question: When did that change actually occur??

Maybe I was bugged and got to enjoy it longer than I was supposed to.

Second: I am having a hard time seeing why biochem is even useful anymore, when I can just buy the stims from vendor or get them easily from other players? Is there any benefit to it atm? I will probably keep it, since too lazy to raise something else, and already got all the crews covered. Just curious.

The changes to the Rakata medpacs happened some time ago. You may simply have not noticed it.

As to whether Biochem is worth it... I ask you the question: is any crafting crew skill worth it? It boils down to what you want to do with your time in game. If you are OK running daily quests to get the credits to buy the consumables from other people (off the GTM), then most likely Biochem is not worth it. If you want to spend your time doing other things that are not as credit rich, then you need a source of income. For many players, myself included, that source of income is crafting crew skills.

cool. thanks for the reply. =)

Yeah, i will keep it on at least one of my toons.

I don't like running dailies. Though, I gotta do some as much as I send my companions out on missions.

It seems that crew skills are mostly designed to make money (for the focused among us), or just gearing out companions.

cool. thanks for the reply. =)

Yeah, i will keep it on at least one of my toons.

I don't like running dailies. Though, I gotta do some as much as I send my companions out on missions.

It seems that crew skills are mostly designed to make money (for the focused among us), or just gearing out companions and alts.

fixed.

Don't forget the alts :)

Only just realized biochem has been changed - at some point =) Not sure when.

But, the main change I am referring to are the rakata medpacs, and it not giving 15% more health for 15 seconds.

First question: When did that change actually occur??

Patch 2.2:

Biochem

The Rakata Medpac has been rebalanced; this reusable medpac no longer increases health by 15%.

The "rebalancing" was to nerf this so it wasn't better than the one introduced in 2.0 -- they also introduced absorb adrenals which are still inferior to the old ones, but there they are trying to make them more attractive by buffing the new ones; I imaging at some point they'll give up and just "rebalance" by nerfing the old ones again.

Second: I am having a hard time seeing why biochem is even useful anymore, when I can just buy the stims from vendor or get them easily from other players? Is there any benefit to it atm? I will probably keep it, since too lazy to raise something else, and already got all the crews covered. Just curious.

The reusability is the point -- especially when it comes to Adrenals, the ability to use them without worrying about ongoing costs is huge. Unfortunately (from our perspective), that means that BW doesn't feel any need to make the skill any more useful, and indeed continues to tinker at the edges in a downward direction.

The reusability is the point -- especially when it comes to Adrenals, the ability to use them without worrying about ongoing costs is huge. Unfortunately (from our perspective), that means that BW doesn't feel any need to make the skill any more useful, and indeed continues to tinker at the edges in a downward direction.

This.

Surely you can buy (slightly better) blue Stims/Adrenals and Medpacs from other players, but in the case of Adrenals and Medpecs I just don't find it worth the costs to use them as often as they'd be efficient (which often is on recharge in case of adrenals) taking Biochem as crewskill I never have to worry about the costs and I use them whenever it helps me or the team out. Being under permanent effect of a stim is also nice.