Things that make you go GAAAHHHH!!!!

Michaelphoenix

Just did a civil war...starts out OK....we agreed to 2 left the rest mid

match starts....6 go left (our freebie turret) 2 mid....they take mid cause me + 1 other cant take their entire team

they roll the rest of our team as they trickle into mid then shift to left and 3 cap

it was a short match at least

whats yer /facepalm moments?

Edited by Michaelphoenix

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest facepalm moments for me is when people randomly fill ball carrier resolve for no reason. I seriously wonder what they are thinking sometimes, "ZOMG HE IS GOING TO WALK THROUGH THE FIRE AND MAY DIE FROM IT! I BETTER STUN HIM TWICE 10 STEPS BEFORE IT, YES THAT IS THE BEST OPTION!" I mean seriously isnt that one of the first things you learn from playing huttball? I guess it especially pisses me off since I can yank people from seemingly nowhere into the fires up top, kill and get free scores but no there resolve is full half the time.

Second biggest GAHHHH!!! is when im stealthed running to a node, sap the defender and instead of capping my teammate engages breaking my sap. I can double sap them while you cap guy :/

I think everyone should have to play a stealth class at least once to learn what I can do so they dont screw it up when I try it.

Failing to recognize the value of fire teams. Sure, we could spread out all over the map and go 1/1, but wouldn't it be better to stay together in small groups so that we can do things like control the middle and ramps in Huttball?

When on Alderaan the one guy guarding the side turret says "Help left" and then 1 second later it gets capped.

CALL OUT SOONER YOU *&$**#$&*(RH*HF&*(Y#(YR%(

if he is guarding alone and 2 stealth classes open on him - it really is a short window between him writing "help left" and them taking the turret :)

I always go left, not to cap, but on an Intercept to slow/harass charging Imperials. Another teammate goes left to cap and is left alone and can do so etc...

Well the team decides to send 2 left rest mid. I still go left, so 3 go left, everyone on my team acts like Rosie O'Donnell just crawled out of their ***.

Which is funny cause I surprised the incoming imps, stun grenade, leveled the sorcerer and dueled the healer operative. 1:30 into the game I have 3 medals and left them down 2 players.

People don't understand strategy.

Getting into matches where people all seem to think kill count and DPS are what will win the game, and not these boring ole things like actually guarding that turret or door. (*oops, turret gets stealthed, but hey, at least they got highest dps, right? right?)

Getting stuck with a bunch of morons who think it's a good idea to use stun at the drop of a hat, and make the ball carrier untouchable for grapple/force pull and force push.

Getting a group that INSISTS on attacking a third turret, when it's already clear the enemy has quite enough DPS to overwhelm any turret they want the second you split up 3 ways.

Getting stuck with people who think it's actually a good idea to kill 6 of the enemy team while you're running the ball, so they are fresh and respawned, and waiting for you on the ramps.

I always go left, not to cap, but on an Intercept to slow/harass charging Imperials. Another teammate goes left to cap and is left alone and can do so etc...

Well the team decides to send 2 left rest mid. I still go left, so 3 go left, everyone on my team acts like Rosie O'Donnell just crawled out of their ***.

Which is funny cause I surprised the incoming imps, stun grenade, leveled the sorcerer and dueled the healer operative. 1:30 into the game I have 3 medals and left them down 2 players.

I do something similar, can be the difference of a few seconds to take left, its pretty common on my server for the other side to rush left with three or four so making that a waste is a big deal.

I do not understand the strategy of capping mid on open.

I find 3, 0, 5 to be fair more effective. or 3, 1, 4.

Lets see. Should we go for quick speeder to prevent caps? or 2?

If you don't try for both left/right or east/west then you could end up with mid only.

You might as well sit on mid if you lose left on opening against any competent counter team.

screw mid. Its the one objective good team play can take. The other team has to screw up if they get right/left.

My wth moment. We sent 2 left. I was the interceptor. Gunslingers are good at this roll. We capped left. Fight. Call inc. left. Die. Respawn. Call inc again.

Mind you we have left right.

People are literally fighting at mid still... No help. 2 on 4. capped. they lose right next. Same thing. Dummies still fighting over mid. Probably against a tank/sorc guard taunt team.

So we have left/right mid is uncapped and we lose both right left.

After taking both first.

Got another one.....

Defending a door solo in void....ENTIRE team defending the other...then the imps plant a bomb on the door the entire team was defending

Yeh, that's probably my biggest one there. You know, this type of stuff is what actually killed WAR for me. Not the combat or other bugs,...it was the lack of competent team members mouth breathing all over the scenario. Object based pvp is really hard with ******* for teammates.

p.s: hmmm,..didn't know "r e t a r d s" would be edited out

Edited by Rodingo

well not much u can do about the stun in fire on huttball... either they break the snare or there sorc pulls them out of it... i think ive seen 2, maybe 3 times where they actually sit in the fire and die... so yea... why not use ur snare to keep them from running... makes it easier for group to get to them and actually do something to stop it...

We just had a game where they 3 capped us in the first min and a half... some how a min or so later we 3 capped them. They took a base back.... and then then we traded back and forth until at the end of the game we won with 10 resources left haha.

Only time I have ever seen a team (luckily ours) come back from a 3 cap.

Got another one.....

Defending a door solo in void....ENTIRE team defending the other...then the imps plant a bomb on the door the entire team was defending

this makes my head explode... same scenario when your solo guarding a tower in alderan and your entire team is at mid and they hack mid.

Edited by VoidJustice

When on Alderaan the one guy guarding the side turret says "Help left" and then 1 second later it gets capped.

CALL OUT SOONER YOU *&$**#$&*(RH*HF&*(Y#(YR%(

Haha, your lucky to even get a call. Some players on my server cant even be bothered to type e or w in either alderaan or voidstar. When asked why they didnt call, they just say "cant type whilst fighting, and that we would have died anyway" lol, world is full of morons.

• 11 months later...