Sith inquisitor most powerful being in Swtor?

lironBD

first of all fair warning spoilers on all aspects of the game.

As we know the most powerful being the the swtor time period universe is the Sith Emperor but.. he is mentally unstable and using servants instead of acting himself, he lost a battle vs a Jedi knight (was the voice actually) and bottom line he so far lost the grip on the empire.

Out of the other forces in the galaxy of swtor few notable beings of power:

Satale Shan - lost a fight vs malgus on first trailer = she is not worthy to compete.

Malgus, Revan, any other FP or ops or World boss is not a competitor as well as they lost to the players at some point.

Dread Lords - we killed one on an ops others were prisoners on belsavis for years = whimps.

on last note we then compare the Characters of the players,

Jedi Knight - he is very notable being able to defeat many powerful siths and the voice of the emperor himself but over all he is just a very skilled jedi strong in the force.

Jedi Counslar - A very strong being in the force which learned a shielding ritual from Jedi masters of old. I'm going light side path here and say he is mostly peaceful and not mass murdering psycho yet his powers are learnt from other jedi masters which means nothing new... been there.. done that.

Trooper - Havoc squad leader, skilled soldier.... just normal being no super powers.

Smuggler - not going even to take this one in serious way inside this competition.

Sith Warrior - from the start he is presented as member of proud sith lineage, strong in the force and transform a cleansing ritual of the jedi to the dark side (tatooine), in his service is Jaesa Wilsam a young jedi with the power to read the true selfs of people using the force.

Most notable for being the "Wrath" of the sith emperor which means anyone other then the sith emperor should lick his boots, but his greater strength being the "Wrath" is his greatest weakness as he is second in command and if anything happens to the emperor he is nothing.

Bounty hunter - Champion of the great hunt, Champion of mandalore. great warrior but mostly same as republic trooper.

Imperial Agent - I went as dark side ended as the hand of Jadus and head of the sith intelligence. with the secret society intel and the might of Jadus he is formidable being but like Sith warrior without Jadus he is nothing.

Trying going solo with the codex might net you some more points here but still normal beings no super powers.

Last we get to the sith inquisitor....

He starts as a slave and rise to the rank of Dark Council Member out of sheer strength and might, non could oppose him.

we learned he is a decedent of Aloysius Kallig which was greatest foe and nemesis of Tulak Hord lord of the sith.

Regarding this proud linage it was said:

"Easily the most ambitious, and therefore the most dangerous, of my rivals is Kallig. Therefore, he shall be the first to die."

―Tulak Hord

Next not only that He is from this mighty sith bloodline in the inquisitor service bound the Dashade (force user eating assassin) Khem Val which was the personal assassin of tulak hord himself!

At the end of the first chapter the inquisitor learns the technique of "Force Walking", in which he bounds the spirit of the dead long past force users inside him and bind their powers to him. He learns this technique from no other then Lord Ergast himself (the one which invented it),

with his power he bounds to himself the following force users spirits:

1. Ergast

2. Darth Andru

3. Kalatosh Zavros

4. Horak-mul

5. Ancient Voss spirit during the ritual on voss.

And those are only during the 3 chapters of the game we don't know how many countless more he bounds to his will. more then that on planet belsavis using a sentient machine known as "The mother" which the rakata used to create new races he rebuild his body into new superhuman and may I add immortal like state to harness the power of the bound spirits.

On voss a ritual is made to make the mind of the inquisitor being able to hold the spirits bound to his will without being driven insane.

After those rituals and the powers gained from the bound spirits Darth Nox (I went dark side) Just wipe the floor with Darth Thanaton and kick his ***.

here you can see nice vid of that battle:

I believe that after the events of chapters 1 to 3 the sith inquisitor as a being is the most powerful creture in the swtor universe out of all known characters.

thoughts ?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? The Consular learned a technique from Noeticon images of Force Masters, but it was a technique not many others could learn.

And the storyline is mentions many times how powerful the Consular is, in fact, so powerful it surprises other Force Users.

Consular against huge impenetrable blast doors? Rips them apart with just the force.

I felt my Consular was way more powerful than my Knight. Consular is just extremely underrated/underestimated. Likely due to the Knight (and even Warrior and Inquisitor) being much more braggy. :p

You basically have three powerful hot heads and the powerful calm one.

not so much. yes the consular can rip a door or pull people from the abyss.

also let's compare...

consular get shielding technique which protect someone from being force manipulated at the price of the consular own health!

the inquisitor gets the Force Walker technique which also only ergast knew of and with it he bound the spirits of dead force users to his will and become stronger!

no brainier here.

the "you are so strong" is same line consular\JK and SW gets to show they are almighty force users.

where the consular gets respect the inquisitor made a lord of the dark council to grovel and crawl on the floor like a worm... that's no easy trick at all! also to bound lord ergast himself? with his own force technique? I just lol'd myself to death when i did it... I mean I remembered the plate on dromund kaas near his statue... just laughed myself there.

End game battle the JC vs SI the JC could try some shielding or something or use force powers but in front of him will stand not 1 but entire host of psycho powerful sith lords of ancient times with powers to annihilate planets like insects.

Gameplay wise ofc for balance sake we can't do that kind of things as SI but story wise? doing makeb, shroud and Dreadseed line as inquisitor I think I made some dark lords pee in their pants while I walked into the room...hell even mocked the emperor....

JK killed the VOICE of the emperor. Sith warrior do same thing on chapter 3 at voice while following the command of the emperor himself which got himself trapped ! inside a voice mystic body.

so emperor is *****, sith warrior same level as JK.

but body\mind and power wise inquisitor stronger then them all.

not so much. yes the consular can rip a door or pull people from the abyss.

also let's compare...

consular get shielding technique which protect someone from being force manipulated at the price of the consular own health!

the inquisitor gets the Force Walker technique which also only ergast knew of and with it he bound the spirits of dead force users to his will and become stronger!

no brainier here.

the "you are so strong" is same line consular\JK and SW gets to show they are almighty force users.

where the consular gets respect the inquisitor made a lord of the dark council to grovel and crawl on the floor like a worm... that's no easy trick at all! also to bound lord ergast himself? with his own force technique? I just lol'd myself to death when i did it... I mean I remembered the plate on dromund kaas near his statue... just laughed myself there.

End game battle the JC vs SI the JC could try some shielding or something or use force powers but in front of him will stand not 1 but entire host of psycho powerful sith lords of ancient times with powers to annihilate planets like insects.

Gameplay wise ofc for balance sake we can't do that kind of things as SI but story wise? doing makeb, shroud and Dreadseed line as inquisitor I think I made some dark lords pee in their pants while I walked into the room...hell even mocked the emperor....

The cost of the technique is only temporary. The only reason it persists so long in Chapter 1, is because the strength given couldn't be replenished until the plague creators defeat.

So the Consular doesn't stay weakened. And it's a technique that's useful even after the initial reason for learning it is taken care of.

As for the groveling Darth, I see no reason none of the Force Users couldn't pull that one off. Not exactly the Consular's style as portrayed in game however (and I do think the Consular could use a bit of the Inquisitor snark).

In reply to the other post. Yes, SW kills a VOICE. That Voice also stands there and LETS YOU kill him. It's not like the SW actually fought him like the JK does (and the JK storyline still has debate as to whether or not it's the Emperor or the VOICE).

And the Consular defeats the most powerful of the Children of the Emperor, which are alternate personalities of the Emperor implanted in them.

As for gameplay. Yeah. I don't count that of course. As much as I enjoy my BH, story wise, it's the Force Users who are the powerhouses. It's just how SW is.

maybe i didn't got the JC story right. From what I got the Shielding technique only other user in known records DIED in the process and the JC was very weakened while using it.

All in all the point of the technique is to defend someone... not making someone stronger in ridiculous ways like the Force Walking.

anyway the emperor was not killed by the JK: wookiepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Emperor

I read somewhere on the forum that there was a book writen after the swtor time period with the emperor in it and wookiepedia states he dies of natural causes.

and iirc from my SW dark side run the VOICE on voss did fought me as Sel-Makur thingie took over it so we got not only the emperor powers inside that body but also a dark side spirit created from the division in the voss race so actually that makes the wrath even stronger then the JK.

but the whole point of my little competition was because as far as I can remember the SI is the only one which is mentally, physically altered by unique powers to become super being and he took the spirits of some of the greatest sith ever lived as his own slaves using their power at his whim.

maybe i didn't got the JC story right. From what I got the Shielding technique only other user in known records DIED in the process and the JC was very weakened while using it.

All in all the point of the technique is to defend someone... not making someone stronger in ridiculous ways like the Force Walking.

anyway the emperor was not killed by the JK: wookiepedia: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Emperor

I read somewhere on the forum that there was a book writen after the swtor time period with the emperor in it and wookiepedia states he dies of natural causes.

and iirc from my SW dark side run the VOICE on voss did fought me as Sel-Makur thingie took over it so we got not only the emperor powers inside that body but also a dark side spirit created from the division in the voss race so actually that makes the wrath even stronger then the JK.

but the whole point of my little competition was because as far as I can remember the SI is the only one which is mentally, physically altered by unique powers to become super being and he took the spirits of some of the greatest sith ever lived as his own slaves using their power at his whim.

Yes. The other died in using it, and the JC faces that same fate if they don't stop the plague creator in time. The JC does. The first one to use the technique died saving as many as he could. However, it is stated that the JC's strength would return once the JC defeated the plague creator.

I have no doubt though, that Sel Mekor didn't have full control of any body the Emperor had control of. But if we go with that, the JK defeats Sel Mekor.

Edit: As for the book and wookiepedia. Can be changed at any time BW chooses really. So I try to stick with just what's in game.

Edited by SithKoriandr

at any rate if we go back to my first post to take a second look I stated tht the emperor is mentally unstable being. He is cowering and hiding in his hideout using proxy bodies! and servants.

even vs Revan on 1vs 1 he almost loses only because scourge betray revan he survive the battle.

The SI after Voss ritual got clear cunning unrelenting mind + the sith super powers so that was one of the reasons which made me think in 1 vs 1 fight vs the emperor the SI will kick his ***.

JK killed the VOICE of the emperor. Sith warrior do same thing on chapter 3 at voice while following the command of the emperor himself which got himself trapped ! inside a voice mystic body.

so emperor is *****, sith warrior same level as JK.

but body\mind and power wise inquisitor stronger then them all.

The possession of 'Voices' was just a means of protecting his body from harm. The Jedi Knight still fights the Emperor and defeats him, its just that the Emperor's consciousness is possessing someone else's body.

The Jedi Knight fights the most lore-wise formidable opponent in the game, and wins, and this is after cutting a bloody swath through a legion of Darths that leaves a few vacant seats on the Dark Council. As such I'd rate the Hero of Tython as being more powerful than the Sith Inquisitor.

As for the Sith Warrior, his killing of an Emperor's voice is not quite the same thing, as the Emperor needed that form to die and ordered the Sith Warrior to do it. The Sith Warrior does not actually fight the Emperor. At best he assists the Emperor in suicide.

not quit.

on sw battle he fights Sel-Makor which controls the emperor voice and the emperor's powers both!

JK with all due respect got rofl'somp'd on first round and got turned into the dark side, without lord scourge help he wouldn't even be fighting the emperor second time! and iirc in second battle my LS JK tried to turn him into light side emperor just don't bother, commit suicide and goes back to his own body.

my point is... if you played SI story (dark side like me at least) you know that on 2 oppertunities he is "Killed" but using the powers of the force walk he actually return to life, hence he uses the spirits to become immortal... bit like darth Sion from kotor 2 but instead of willpower not to die which sion use the SI uses the bound powers of the uber darths he bound to his will.

when we compare SI and JK we need to compare their arsenal of powers, which special force powers the JK got?

not quit.

JK with all due respect got rofl'somp'd on first round and got turned into the dark side, without lord scourge help he wouldn't even be fighting the emperor second time! and iirc in second battle my LS JK tried to turn him into light side emperor just don't bother, commit suicide and goes back to his own body.

my point is... if you played SI story (dark side like me at least) you know that on 2 oppertunities he is "Killed" but using the powers of the force walk he actually return to life, hence he uses the spirits to become immortal... bit like darth Sion from kotor 2 but instead of willpower not to die which sion use the SI uses the bound powers of the uber darths he bound to his will.

when we compare SI and JK we need to compare their arsenal of powers, which special force powers the JK got?

The Jedi Knight did lose the first round, but won the second. Sure, the Emperor survives the second fight. But that's immaterial to whether he won or lost. Luke also survived Bespin, but that doesn't mean he won the duel against Vader.

I don't think a convincing case can be made for any Sith being more powerful than the Emperor, so think by default that gives the Jedi knight the strongest argument in favor of being the most powerful playable force user, as he (or she) fought and defeated the most powerful opponent lore-wise. And that was after striking down multiple Dark Council members.

The Sith Warrior doesn't really defeat the Emperor. He defeats Sel-Makor, as the Emperor wants the Sith Warrior to strike down his Voice. Its an assisted suicide. And Sel-Makor is likewise defeated by the Jedi Knight.

As far as the arsenal of abilities go, the Jedi Knight's force powers are mainly chanelled into dueling. The Hero of Tython is a duelist rather than a caster. Being a primarily a duelist however doesn't a mean a Jedi or Sith is less powerful with the force than a caster. They just focus on different abilities. One uses their abilities more to manipulate the environment, another uses their force abilities more to guide their strikes and parries with a lightsaber.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

The Jedi Knight did lose the first round, but won the second. Sure, the Emperor survives the second fight. But that's immaterial to whether he won or lost. Luke also survived Bespin, but that doesn't mean he won the duel against Vader.

I don't think a convincing case can be made for any Sith being more powerful than the Emperor, so think by default that gives the Jedi knight the strongest argument in favor of being the most powerful playable force user, as he (or she) fought and defeated the most powerful opponent lore-wise. And that was after striking down multiple Dark Council members.

The Sith Warrior doesn't really defeat the Emperor. He defeats Sel-Makor, as the Emperor wants the Sith Warrior to strike down his Voice. Its an assisted suicide. And Sel-Makor is likewise defeated by the Jedi Knight.

As far as the arsenal of abilities go, the Jedi Knight's force powers are mainly chanmelled into dueling. The Hero of Tython is a duelist rather than a caster. Being a primarily a duelist however doesn't a mean a Jedi or Sith is less powerful with the force than a caster. They just focus on different abilities. One uses their abilities more to manipulate the environment, another uses their force abilities more to guide their strikes and parries with a lightsaber.

Sel-makor and the emperor are supposed to be equal in power. Even then it can be argued that Sel makor was amping the Voice to be alot more powerful when the Wrath took it down.

With that stated, The Inquisitor is nowhere close to being the most powerful.

They are all the heroes in their own story, they are all player characters - which makes them all equal in my opinion.

The Consular rips apart blast doors with the Force, the Sith Warrior squeezes the life out of people so fast that the Jedi guarding them doesn't even have a chance to respond before it's too late, etc...

They all have their epic feats.

I think it's also pretty silly to dismiss characters like Revan and Malgus just because "players beat them" - go into a PvP zone then, and have your character be declared worthless too, since you WILL get beaten eventually, even if you are SWTOR's number one PvPer (SirCopperfield apparently :p).

Basically the arguement against the NPCs is "Because I managed to beat them up with a whole group of people THEY are the wimps, but somehow that makes me incredibly powerful - despite the fact that if I had fought them by myself at the right level they would've folded me into a little box and shot me out of an airlock." :rolleyes:

Kinda reminds me of this guy on the Dragon Age forums that declared all of his companions were a waste of space and it was all the Warden that single-handedly pwned everything in game.

there was some build on DA which made you solo the game on nightmare.... but it was for lolz.

back to swtor...

npcs defeated = dead or non functional hence they are not competitors.

You can also claim that JK did not fought sel-makor alone, SW fight solo vs Sel-makor with only the companion ofc if lore wise companion was there at all.

JK uses the help of a voss agent to trap him and then defeat him, vs the emperor first round he had entire jedi strike team and was a fail!

on second time he he entire blasted republic fleet! and jedi striked team and his entire companion team and one of the was the own traitor emperor's Wrath scourge himself.

in the final battle we can say canon wise that T7 helped the JK as there is a mission specificly to gear him inside the dark temple and he is the only available companion for that fight so the JK + T7 defeats a voice of the emperor while their allies have entire fleet to make a diversion.

SI also uses lightsaber techniques, there is entire AC focusing on tanking and dps while using double bladed lightsaber and channeling force power to surprise the enemy or to soak huge amounts of damage. All in all we can compare both guardian\sentinel abilities vs Sin\Sorcerer abilities and then add to the mix "Lore" powers like Force walking.

SW kills Dark Council member way before the JK does in fact Dark council members are not that tough it seems, thing is while JK uses just combat techniques the SI which is almost immortal thanks to the force walking just stands there mocking the Darth Thanaton making him crawl on the floor with only the force.

Bottom line let's summarize the unique powers and abilities of each competitor considered here and not just say "he killed X so he is stronger". for me at least emperor was never strongest sith or being in the galaxy at all, he almost always loses his duels unless he is ready, he is cowering inside his hole all the time and he can't control his own damn empire.

Even Revan on his final battle "Teleport" out.. no body at all left behind. the emperor needs to control proxy bodies and when they are destroyed it takes him time to recover.

One Thing I would say about the Jedi Knight

Is that the Jedi Knight gets the Opporunity to fight (perhaps) the most formidable opposition

However, in the same boat I don't think that there is anyone that the Jedi Knight beats - that given the same opportunity the Sith Inquisitor and Warrior cannot beat - The SW and SI beat everyone that stood against them and that's all you can really do.....

Yes - I am Inclined to think that the Sith Inquistor could (at least theoretically) Potentially be the strongest of the Player Characters of SWTOR - With the most powerful Forcewalking ability that ever existed and being 'Remade' by Mother - I think the Sith Inquisitor has very Tangible reasons why he/she could be argued most powerful...

Actually we know as a matter of fact from Annihilation that Nox is the weakest member of the Dark Council, just thought you should know that, canon>your opinion.

And what does Annihilation say about Warrior, Knight and Consular? Also, what does it say about Darth Imperius, seeing as how my Inquisitor isn't Darth Nox, so that canon is obviously wrong.

And what does Annihilation say about Warrior, Knight and Consular? Also, what does it say about Darth Imperius, seeing as how my Inquisitor isn't Darth Nox, so that canon is obviously wrong.

Wookieepedia has assumed that all Republic classes are light side and Imperials dark side for the sake of sanity, until proven wrong this assumption is a correct one, this advice was given from Erickson himself.

Oh and they aren't mentioned, like at all.

Edited by LadyKulvax

No other classes were mentioned in the novel. IIRC the Inquistor isnt directly mentioned. But was referenced to be in the group of dark council members that were weak compared to the strongest ones... Aka Marr, Vowrawn, Ravage, Rictus and Mortis are all the top dogs.

Edited by Girdeux

Actually we know as a matter of fact from Annihilation that Nox is the weakest member of the Dark Council, just thought you should know that, canon>your opinion.

That's not all that surprising really. Nox needed to bind how many spirits just to take out Thanaton? Council Member yes but it didn't seem to me Thanaton was a hugely respect one. Just to do that nearly destroy Nox's sanity and physical health. Nox is certainly quiet strong in the Force, but not mind blowing. Plus Nox seems to have picked up only what was left of Thanaton's power base, which did not seem to be a hugely influential sphere, so politically the Inquisitor would also be at a disadvantage.