Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Concealment left alone while deception and lightning gutted?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Concealment left alone while deception and lightning gutted?

cflems
03.05.2020 , 09:50 PM | #1
I realize Volatile Strike isn't a parsing tactical so it might not even be on on BW's radar, but for the love of God can someone get it across to them how ridiculously strong it is? Now that Death Knell and Gathering Storm are taking heavy nerfs concealment operatives will literally have no competition, it's all we'll see in solo ranked for months until another patch comes out (or doesn't) to fix it. Please, you got 2 of the 3 overtuned classes this meta, as much as I may disagree with the additional gimmick of having to use polarity during force speed. But getting 2 out of 3 doesn't do much for class balance if you leave arguably the worst offender unchecked. Healer friends of mine have quit the game (or quit healing and rerolled conc) because the burst from this one tactical is literally unhealable, and it prevents them from being able to make an impact. The purpose of having a PvE tactical (Acid Lash) and a PvP tactical (Volatile Strike) was to be able to balance independently between the two modes, so please use it. Literally just make it a single autocrit instead of a double, or give it a cooldown. If BW shows a bit of diligence here they could make this the update that levels the playing field between most classes, and that's something that I'm dying to see.

Nemmar
03.05.2020 , 10:51 PM | #2
At least operative needs setup, it requires 3 buttons and is predictable, so you can time defensives to negate it.
Deception just spammed one button... so, not sheding a tear. As far as operatives go, i would prefer to see roll's cd increased by one second and the healing on dps specs reduced.

JediMasterAlex
03.05.2020 , 11:29 PM | #3
Concealment is nerfed on the pts, they just didn't mention it in any of the posts. The tactician set was nerfed:

Tactician
(4) Tactical Overdrive additionally resets the cooldowns of Sever Tendon and Toxin Scan. Gaining a Tactical Advantage increases your critical chance by 10% for 10 seconds. Can only happen once every 18 seconds.

So it doesn't reset backstab anymore, and can only happen every 18 seconds, versus 10 seconds before.

Equeliber
03.06.2020 , 06:53 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
Concealment is nerfed on the pts, they just didn't mention it in any of the posts. The tactician set was nerfed:

Tactician
(4) Tactical Overdrive additionally resets the cooldowns of Sever Tendon and Toxin Scan. Gaining a Tactical Advantage increases your critical chance by 10% for 10 seconds. Can only happen once every 18 seconds.

So it doesn't reset backstab anymore, and can only happen every 18 seconds, versus 10 seconds before.
Quite a few operatives run Debilitator already, this will just add more incentive to do so.

steveerkcanjerk
03.06.2020 , 04:17 PM | #5
Unlike the sin, the operatives issue was not gloablling you in one stun duration. It is often how long they survive and wearing you down. Their burst is like someone else said predictable with alot of defensives that can mittigate it. What makes them strong is having that control over the fight, utility, self healing, and solid sustain. I think they will be fine, it is much easier to manage and defend against.
the mandalorians will rise again, we will unite and make the galaxy bow.
choggun mandalorian sniper
dreadshots mandalorian mercanary

KumbayaGOD
03.06.2020 , 09:04 PM | #6

Tactician

with this nerf is this set still viable for concealment and letahlity or go wtih debilitator set ?
http://www.swtor.com/r/vczzh2 click here for referal code you you get: FREE TRANSFER , FREE STUFFS, FREE 7 DAYS SUBSCRIPTION, FREE UNLOCK AND MORE

JediMasterAlex
03.06.2020 , 11:57 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by KumbayaGOD View Post
with this nerf is this set still viable for concealment and letahlity or go wtih debilitator set ?
I don't play op at all, so I don't know. Some ops were already using debilitator. I assume more will, but tactician is probably still viable.

abhaxus
03.08.2020 , 03:01 PM | #8
I don't play op at all, so I don't know. Some ops were already using debilitator. I assume more will, but tactician is probably still viable.
I mostly play leth, but the max output I've ever seen from another leth op (running tactician) was 19.6k dps, 1100dps. Most I've ever pulled with debilitator is 17.1k dps, 4k hps. I've been running debil since the beginning because I got 4 random drops of the gear quickly and so I only had to buy two slots to get the 6 piece. I have only ever gotten two slots of the tactician and never felt the need to go buy the remaining pieces.

The extra rolls on conc are great, even if it is a probable DPS loss.
Abhaxus - Sorc heal/dps | Pill Cosby - leth op | Buubi'sett - PT | Snugglenaut - Jugg hybrid | Wayward'son - sniper | Abhaxuus - Mara | Weezles - Scoundrel | A▀haxus - Sage | Spankasin - tankasin | A▀hole - Commando

Ottoattack
03.10.2020 , 09:27 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by cflems View Post
I realize Volatile Strike isn't a parsing tactical so it might not even be on on BW's radar, but for the love of God can someone get it across to them how ridiculously strong it is? Now that Death Knell and Gathering Storm are taking heavy nerfs concealment operatives will literally have no competition, it's all we'll see in solo ranked for months until another patch comes out (or doesn't) to fix it. Please, you got 2 of the 3 overtuned classes this meta, as much as I may disagree with the additional gimmick of having to use polarity during force speed. But getting 2 out of 3 doesn't do much for class balance if you leave arguably the worst offender unchecked. Healer friends of mine have quit the game (or quit healing and rerolled conc) because the burst from this one tactical is literally unhealable, and it prevents them from being able to make an impact. The purpose of having a PvE tactical (Acid Lash) and a PvP tactical (Volatile Strike) was to be able to balance independently between the two modes, so please use it. Literally just make it a single autocrit instead of a double, or give it a cooldown. If BW shows a bit of diligence here they could make this the update that levels the playing field between most classes, and that's something that I'm dying to see.
Outside yolo ranked (which is tacked on mode that is never balanced and balance is never done around it), dec should be stronger, especially in longer fights, as most regular WZs and TM ranked tend to be.

Romeugues
03.16.2020 , 06:05 AM | #10
Well the best swtor streamer plays Concealment, so streamer privilege