Launch Player's Suggestions to Stay Alive

theunknownentity

Just want to say I've been playing off and on since this game came out and this is what you need to do to save it:

Group Finder / PvE Content Unification:

-Add "Random Heroic" to the Group Finder.

(Random Heroic has Planetary filters. You can select/deselect Heroics on any planet. Tired of Tatooine missions? Want to play with people on Ossus? It can do that.)

-Merge DAILIES with Heroics. Kill dailies. Dailies don't need to exist. If you can get what you want just by playing random content with PEOPLE (like MMOs should be played with), you have no reason to be on the same planet by yourself every night doing the same missions, over and over again, every day, BY YOURSELF............

-Star Fortresses and Uprisings can be selectable either under Flashpoints or Heroics, whatever way the difficulty wants to be scaled. (AND MADE ACCESSIBLE TO ANYONE. STOP LOCKING CONTENT BEHIND STORY PROGRESS. ACCESSIBILITY IS KEY TO ENJOYMENT.)

Currencies:

-Merge planetary/event currencies like Dantooine Surveyor's Notes, Rakghoul DNA Canisters, etc. Let people get what they want easier and just by having fun in your game.

Vendors:

-All decoration vendors moved to fleet, all items available for the universal decor/cosmetic/etc. currency. (Cartel Coins > Credits > Tech Fragments > _______ (one thing, not 5+).

THE Alliance Commander

-Via a remodeled Legacy system (that doesn't try to make your diverse cast of characters inherently related), nominate ONE character with which you want to progress through the story to be YOUR Alliance Commander. You can still play through the story on other characters if you want, but having ANY character complete the current story unlocks ALL content, companions, etc. for the rest of your account. This means if I did all the Companion missions and Star Fortresses on one character, my other characters who are 75 can use their companions without redoing all of that content. (Deadeye Leyta, Rokuss, Qyzen, Blizz, everyone.) Basically treating your account as part of the Alliance, not necessarily brothers, daughters, rivals, etc. (Really that old Legacy system is kind of cringey. Doesn't do nearly enough or add any valuable flavor.)

On that vein, Companions being account-based at 75, Companion Gifts and Influence would be too. No more choosing which character gets to increase influence with their favorite Companion.

Strongholds

-Increase decor limits. Currently if you to decorate one room really well/nicely you can sometimes end up having to ignore and block off a whole room.

Next Species:

-Nikto (I've thought a lot about it, and I think we're missing a reptilian race. Nikto is the perfect race to join SWTOR next. As much as I want to say more, like Voss, Gormak, Sarkhai, Umbaran, Pantoran, Rodian, etc... I think just seeing Nikto would be HUGE.)

I've been playing the game non-stop since before the game came out, I've seen dozens and dozens of threads just like this. "Implement the things I want because it'll save the game"

Sorry, that is just pure arrogance.

You have some good suggestions in there, but please don't think that their implementation will save the game, or the lack of said implementation will doom it.

Also, you should put them in General Discussion->Suggestion Box. This forum is for discussion of the wider Star Wars universe, not SWTOR (and as such, completely ignored by BW)

Just want to say I've been playing off and on since this game came out and this is what you need to do to save it:

Blah blah blah

Nice to see someone who has been playing on and off since launch is the only person in the SWTOR community who knows how to save the game, because obviously the rest of us have no clue...

As the fact you have been playing since launch is apparently part of the reasson why you think your opinion is correct, mine must be MORE correct, as I am someone who has been playing longer than you have (closed beta, and day 2 of early access before launch).

None of the suggestions you make would do it for me.

For me, the changes that would breathe new life into the game are:

1. An engine update away from the specific instance of the Hero engine that swtor uses (I know, this kind of complete rewrite to take on a new engine is a pipe dream...); and

2. Continuations of the individual class storylines in the vein of the original class arcs up to Corellia, not the shared stories that we get after that.

QoL improvements such as better Guild and GTN management, separate PvP and PvE skill balancing and progression tracks, tweaks (or outright changes) to endgame Ops to make them relevant for something more than achievement hunting, and some substantive changes to the crew skill and crafting balance to make them relevant and worth the effort and expense would also help, but in and of themselves they are not, I think, changes that would appeal to a broad enough base of players to convince them to subscribe and "save" the game.

• 1 year later...
I've been playing the game non-stop since before the game came out, I've seen dozens and dozens of threads just like this. "Implement the things I want because it'll save the game"

Sorry, that is just pure arrogance.

You have some good suggestions in there, but please don't think that their implementation will save the game, or the lack of said implementation will doom it.

Also, you should put them in General Discussion->Suggestion Box. This forum is for discussion of the wider Star Wars universe, not SWTOR (and as such, completely ignored by BW)

i agree