no new flashpoints in expansion

really dissappointed with this, i dont really have time to do OPs and most guilds that do them make them boring and like a chore. so some new flashpoints would have been nice, not older ones made harder. there is no variety to the level experience AGAIN.

i levelled by doing quests on makeb and when i got bored i would do a FP or 2, there was nothing new lol just the old flashpoints that you played while at level cap of 50.

really dissappointed with this, i dont really have time to do OPs and most guilds that do them make them boring and like a chore. so some new flashpoints would have been nice, not older ones made harder. there is no variety to the level experience AGAIN.

i levelled by doing quests on makeb and when i got bored i would do a FP or 2, there was nothing new lol just the old flashpoints that you played while at level cap of 50.

Hit level 55, you get 4 hardmode revamps (Cad, Mando, Athiss, Hammer) that are actually quite a bit different (bonus bosses, new mechanics, more trash) than the leveling versions.

Hit level 55, you get 4 hardmode revamps (Cad, Mando, Athiss, Hammer) that are actually quite a bit different (bonus bosses, new mechanics, more trash) than the leveling versions.

lol no, they're the same, except unimaginate bonus boss for each - you press one button and he/it pops up from thin air.

Really disheartening to see no new FP in over a year in this supposedly story-based MMO ._.

Actually, the mechanics for the bosses are largely the same (I was quite disappointed by this). The only major differences are that most of the mechanics were made less forgiving (which is what happens when stuff is turned into an HM). The only bosses that actually got a mechanic *added* were Xander and the droid in Cademimu (the droid has to be trapped in the circle rather than just kited and nuked down), General Ortol in Cademimu (the magnetic shackles were added), and Vorgan the Volcano (the shield was added). Every other boss mechanic was present in the story mode version, though most people simply ignored a lot of them while leveling because you, honestly, could.

Interesting idea for a thread, which brings even more interesting question to my mind - are the real new flashpoints going to be available as CM unlocks only? I'm afraid even that is a possibility irght now. I don't know if somebody from BW ever commented on that though.

Actually, the mechanics for the bosses are largely the same (I was quite disappointed by this). The only major differences are that most of the mechanics were made less forgiving (which is what happens when stuff is turned into an HM). The only bosses that actually got a mechanic *added* were Xander and the droid in Cademimu (the droid has to be trapped in the circle rather than just kited and nuked down), General Ortol in Cademimu (the magnetic shackles were added), and Vorgan the Volcano (the shield was added). Every other boss mechanic was present in the story mode version, though most people simply ignored a lot of them while leveling because you, honestly, could.

Matrix in Hammer has a debuff that adds +500% turret damage when he moves from platform to platform, turning a minor inconvenience in story mode into a guaranteed wipe.

Tunneling droid in hammer station you generally didn't _have_ a cleanse yet to clear the tank stacks so it is a different thing for healing.

The others are significantly tighter and you have to do the mechanics right, something that makes the fights totally different from the story mode tank and spanks.

And then theres the trash revamps, trash is no joke until your in 69's...and even then if you're careless some of the pulls will decimate you, it's a lot less forgiving than it is on story mode. There are also more packs added into the FPs, go into Mando Raiders right now and look at the entry hall.

Edited by Battyone

I wouldn't count on any of those old datamined flashpoints being in 2.2 just yet. It's possible, but I haven't really seen anything hinting to those flashpoints being close to finished at all, and they may have been scrapped or changed altogether from what they planned. I think there is a high chance that we will get entirely new flashpoints in the coming months, though.

havent you heard? Bioware considers new content as taking old content and sprucing it up...please see hard mode cad, mand raiders, athiss, hammer station...please see nightmare ev, nightmare kp, nightmare ec...please see upcoming "new" content nightmare tfb nightmare sv nightmare gf...Welcome to swtor where you dont really get anything new they just reskin the same old stuff

havent you heard? Bioware considers new content as taking old content and sprucing it up...please see hard mode cad, mand raiders, athiss, hammer station...please see nightmare ev, nightmare kp, nightmare ec...please see upcoming "new" content nightmare tfb nightmare sv nightmare gf...Welcome to swtor where you dont really get anything new they just reskin the same old stuff

Not to pick an insanely stupid thing out of your rant, but you do realize nightmare EV and KP were released with EV and KP right?

The others are significantly tighter and you have to do the mechanics right, something that makes the fights totally different from the story mode tank and spanks.

It's important to note the distinction between "a mechanic that used to simply be ignored" and "a mechanic that is actually new". Except for the mechanics I listed before, everything else is exactly the same: Mavrix provides a buff to the turrets when he platform leaps, but the turrets deal so little damage on SM and the buff is comparatively smaller (iirc, it's just a 100% increase rather than 500%) that no one pays attention to it. The same thing applies to the Mining Droid: the mechanic is *present*, but it's simply ignored because it's not a threat.

The number of explicitly *new* mechanics rather than mechanics that were simply buffed such that, rather than being ignored, they have to actually be actively planned around and paid attention to, is incredibly small. If you went into the 55 HM FPs with just the knowledge you could get from running the leveling FPs, you'd have to learn almost nothing, assuming you were running the leveling FPs as *intended* (re: dealing with the mechanics directly) rather than steamrolling over them.

And then theres the trash revamps, trash is no joke until your in 69's...and even then if you're careless some of the pulls will decimate you, it's a lot less forgiving than it is on story mode. There are also more packs added into the FPs, go into Mando Raiders right now and look at the entry hall.

I don't really cite the trash as major differences because, aside from the additional trash packs, the only major differences are increases in comparative damage/hp. Yes, you have to actually pay attention to trash rather than zoning out for everything except for boss fights (for *some* FPs; there's only 1 trash pull in Athiss that is actually dangerous and that's the 5 droids right before the first boss: they're dangerous not because they're especially nasty, like the dogs, but because they're spread out ranged attackers so it's *really* hard to get and maintain aggro on all of them), but the same was true when comparing the old end game FPs with their HM versions: trash in SM FE was a joke, but it actually became something you used CC and CDs on when you started doing it on HM (at release, mind you, before everyone and their cousins were dressed to the 9s in BH gear and DPS could laugh their way through aggroing entire trash packs), just like the trash in HM FPs now. It's less about the mechanics being changed rather than the expectation of trash difficulty in HM FPs being different than trash in SM FPs, largely by outright increasing the damage/hp numbers instead of adding new mechanics to the trash (which is what we're talking about: the differences are less about new mechanics than dealing with new numbers on the *existing* mechanics so that you can't simply ignore them; trash follows the same design: the trash isn't appreciably different but their damage is now high enough that you have to actually pay attention to them).

Not to pick an insanely stupid thing out of your rant, but you do realize nightmare EV and KP were released with EV and KP right?

considered separate content and something different when they werent...also KP originally was only bonethrasher we had to wait for the rest.

There are two coming up.

Titans of industry- where you work to take down the most evil faction in the galaxy: Czerka.

The imperial warlord- where Grand Moff Regus, the conservative, alien-hating Grand Moff of the Empire, leaves the empire, taking his fleet with him. So naturally, both sides want to take him down, as he is more of a threat to the republic when he's not part of the Empire, and the Empire needs their fleet back!

considered separate content and something different when they werent...also KP originally was only bonethrasher we had to wait for the rest.

I'm aware and downed it pre full HH (and afterr obviously). Do you complain about other games having different raid difficulty levels with the same/simillar fights? It was BW's first raid and it was a hell of a lot nicer than some other T1 raids I've done in the past. Soa bugs excluded of course. (And the weird gharj lava touch of death, which was more funny than annoying at the time.)