Exotech consumables far too costly to make.

Wallach

This game has some of the most expensive "standard" crafted consumables I've ever seen in an MMO. Why are these still so expensive? I thought that when you nerfed Rakata reusables and saw that everyone was still joining the Biochem army you would get the message (that a lot of Biochemists were pointing out to you long before that even happened), but nothing has changed. As a Biochemist, do everyone a favor and make these things cost a reasonable amount of materials to craft. I promise you everyone planning on doing a lot of Dungeon Finder runs with people that will never use consumables in hard modes will thank you.

While you're at it, slap the guy who put the Biochem Warzone schematic on the PTR. Or at least buy him a calculator.

It's basically going to make me drop BioChem for.... well... nothing, since the rest of the skills suck.

If takes min 1h for diplomacy, and 24-30 min per sample/chem/compound.

If I spend and pay attention to crafting when I'm on, then MAYBE I get to make 10 stims a day, that get used without notice.....

You get 3 per batch, for the Exotech stims at least.

I don't know about medpacs/adrenals.

You get three for those as well. Currently, I think the stims are fine. They last 2 hours and persist through death, and they cost about the same amount as the hyperbattle since they return 3, although now that I think about it, hyperbattles need Smart Cells now, so that price has gone down a bit.

The medpacs and adrenals, are still a bit on the pricey side to make. ;)

• 1 month later...
The problem is the cost of making adrenals they last what 15 secs and cost the same to make as anything else not sure what the thinking is on that.

15 seconds of a huge damage burst is actually quite a lot when you think about it.

They aren't candy, and with the CD they have, you can use them once per boss fight if needed.

It's basically going to make me drop BioChem for.... well... nothing, since the rest of the skills suck.

If takes min 1h for diplomacy, and 24-30 min per sample/chem/compound.

If I spend and pay attention to crafting when I'm on, then MAYBE I get to make 10 stims a day, that get used without notice.....[/QUOT

search the GTN for the 320 crafting missions make life much easier.. dont overpay tho

The Exotech adrenals are expensive, between our four raid group , using diplomacy, 8 radioactive paste....really? I am one of two that are bio, others are farmers (or thier maxed alts), so I have have no need for them, but rest of group.....I spend more on missions than I do on repairs after denova ops, and I avg 1 every 2-3 days. Personally, I not asking for a huge nerf, just make it fair, Last four days, I have run 30-5 missions (dip) and 5 radioactive paste 35k+ credit), and guildie got two, really? Why bother play if you cant have tools, I am maxed with all professoins, dont want easy...like I said..just worth doing. The drop rate on our server dropped two weeks and reserves in gbank are gone. My sub. expires, so does my SWTOR experience, but least I got a free pet....wonder if I RE him???????

Hate to rain on anyone's QQ here but Exotech stims, until recently, were rare drops in OPs. That being said, before they became available to everyone with 25 BH comms, I not only made credits off of selling them on the GTN, I sold them for cheap because I had the surplus of materials being that the schematics were rare and I didn't use the paste for much of anything other than those. How rare you ask? I ran raids weekly since pretty much the beginning and only saw the Exotech Might Stims drop one time, I don't even have a warrior. This was one of the only times I saw any exotech stims drop. From what I remember they used to drop on Normal KP/EV, more commonly known as Story Mode :cool: I had seen others drop here and there but then you have to /roll to win it, which doesn't always happen. Again that is why I am calling it a rare drop.

To me the issue stims, play on words there but totally unintentional :p, from them being released to EVERYONE at once. People burned through their stored mats and now that they have been available since 1.3, people are complaining that they are too costly to make. Could it be because the value of finding them even available has all but diminished? See BW added them for everyone but didn't spoon feed the mats through their Diplomacy missions, maybe if this thread continues you can get exactly that. Maybe they will allow the buying of mats with cartell coins? :rolleyes:

This makes me laugh, I just can't help it. Of course they are semi-costly, they USED to be an "epic" drop, now they are given to everyone holding 25 BH comms and people started pumping them out left and right for friends, credits, raid groups etc.. This is the trend of releasing things to people for comms or whatever currency rather than putting it out there for people to actually "achieve". This is just my point of view but the day they released the stims to everyone their value went down and their demand went up because they are available constantly and now people can't keep up with making them....

Edited by Master_Nate

This makes me laugh, I just can't help it. Of course they are semi-costly, they USED to be an "epic" drop, now they are given to everyone holding 25 BH comms and people started pumping them out left and right for friends, credits, raid groups etc.. This is the trend of releasing things to people for comms or whatever currency rather than putting it out there for people to actually "achieve". This is just my point of view but the day they released the stims to everyone their value went down and their demand went up because they are available constantly and now people can't keep up with making them....

Agree,

Back before the server merge, for the longest time, I was the only Biochemist with Exotech Aim and Exotech Cunning stims, and made MILLIONS selling them on the GTN.

Now that everyone can get them and can easily purchase the recipe, they are QQing about the cost of mats.

They are the BEST IN THE GAME... of course they should be costly to make people... get over it!

Agree,

Back before the server merge, for the longest time, I was the only Biochemist with Exotech Aim and Exotech Cunning stims, and made MILLIONS selling them on the GTN.

Now that everyone can get them and can easily purchase the recipe, they are QQing about the cost of mats.

They are the BEST IN THE GAME... of course they should be costly to make people... get over it!

Not only that but with all the nerf batting Biochem has taken, not saying the nerfs have been good or bad, this was yet another smack upside the head(errr reality check) that working towards finding something is pointless when 2 months down the road you can just get them through in game currency....that's all I'm saying :rolleyes:

Edited by Master_Nate

• 5 months later...

Tell me, how did you achieve anything by having the schematic drop purely based on rng? Does it make you a better player than the lowly serfs who payed 20 bh comms for it?

Edited by Darth-Rammstein

I looked up how much the mats cost at the GTN for the exotech fortitude stim (since even if you get them yourselves - you still spend time doing this whereas you could've used the time to do something else, like dailies) and I costs about 16 to 22k to make one. One. So, for how much do most people sell them? For 16k. The horrors when I actually saw someone selling them for 12k.. seriously? Now I made a bunch of those stims and sit on them because I refuse to sell them for 16k, might as well give them to friends or something.

But I personally think the cost is totally fine. Sure, I'm annoyed when I don't get any radioactive pastes from missions, since they are ridiculously expensive on the GTN, but it's not like everyone else can get their stabis or something around every corner, right?

With materials gathered from missions, the Exotech stims cost between 2,450 and 2,485 credits each to produce.

The Hyper Battles cost between 3,910 and 4,150 each.

How is the price for Exotech stims too high?

I think your math is out they cost around the 8k mark including 25% crit chance crafter. If your selling them for under 8k i'll order 100 now and thank you.

Edited by snoopies