MANDATE: 8 man Ques! You got 30days

Beef_Curtains

Simple economics teaches that when any company starts throwing out free time for a subscription, its because they are loosing a huge number of their existing member base and they are begging for time to fix whatever issues are plaguing their members.

I have no idea what the numbers are, but last I heard, active subscriptions were at 1.3mill. Lets assume that the PvP player base is only 20%... and lets round it to 200K. Now out of that 200K, lets say that only 20% of them (and that's being very generous) decide to un-sub because of the lack of 8 man ques and other promised features. And please don't say its comming Soon: Because its been requested since Beta and here we are almost a half year after release.

Here's the math:

20% of 200K is 40K. 40,000 X $15.00 = $600,000.

600,000.00 X 3 months = 1.8milllion

So to say that we, in the pvp community, are not important; you are crazy.... Keep in mind that's just 20% of the 20%.... All together the so called 20% PvP community makes up for 3 million a month in revenue.

Now lets look at this 30 days free time. If there are 1.3 mill subscriptions; and all of them are getting 30 days free; thats 19.5 million in lost revenue.

19.5 MILLION!

Obviously they see that the long game is profitable; and loosing 19.5million today to ensure 40million in 3 months is a last ditch effort to hold on to this business... And make no mistake; this IS a business.

I think the community has been loud and clear on what is expected as far as PvP is concerned. All you need to do is go read the Beta Tester forums and you'll see the nearly year old posts asking for 8man ques.

There is your mandate. Give the people what they want; and you won't have to worry about loosing your members. Otherwise; continue to lie and throw up smoke and mirrors and you will quickly take your place among the "other" failed MMO's.

I'll take your free time, and I'll make the best of it. But if you think for a second that myself and the other 5% of the entire population will wait any longer than that, you are sadly mistaken.

Edited by Beef_Curtains

With all the flaws this game has you come with a stupid thing like "8 Man quests" ?. i lold. This has to be the dumbest (or one of the dumbest) proposals for this game ever!

Ques... not Quests.

Are you retarded? or did you not notice that this is in the PvP section.....

Edited by Beef_Curtains

Dude picks a name like Beef Curtains as his handle, he can't be too smart.

That said, 8 man ques was something I was really looking forward to as well. I know that's the next step on the road to ranked WZs, but I'd rather see the new balance issues fixed first.

Ques... not Quests.

Are you retarted? or did you not notice that this is in the PvP section.....

Hum, yes i am :X I can't read. I kinda agree but it would increase the whine by a lot from random players.

Edited by Teabaker

Hum, yes i am :X I can't read. I kinda agree but it would increase the whine by a lot from random players.

Cute...

Well; If they had cross server ques, and only allowed 8v8man RANKED/RATED premades, then what randoms would be complaining?

Edited by Beef_Curtains

There is no way to logically argue with the OP.

Of course there is.

Development time vs. benefit.

If it's used by a tiny fraction of the playerbase and takes substantial time to do then I'd rather they focused on other things.

"If I could leave you with one thought, remember, it wasn't me. They're trying to make me an escape goat. If I am fired, every single piece of copier paper in this town is going to have the F-word on it. The F-word. You have one day."

"One day for what?"

"That's-- they always give a ultimatum."