Receiving non-archeology items harvesting archeology on Onderon

xordevoreaux

When you hover your mouse over the node, it will say "Requires Archaeology (600)". If your skill is below that level (I see yours is 345 in the screenshot), you will only get Jawa Scrap, which is better (for you) than just not being able to harvest it. That's how it used to be, if your skill level was below the level required, you couldn't harvest it at all.

If there are other people trying to harvest in the area, you're kinda wasting the node and not getting anything really useful other than skill level increases. You'd be better off harvesting in a lower level area to increase your skill while getting useful (but old) mats.

When you hover your mouse over the node, it will say "Requires Archaeology (600)". If your skill is below that level (I see yours is 345 in the screenshot), you will only get Jawa Scrap, which is better (for you) than just not being able to harvest it. That's how it used to be, if your skill level was below the level required, you couldn't harvest it at all.

If there are other people trying to harvest in the area, you're kinda wasting the node and not getting anything really useful other than skill level increases. You'd be better off harvesting in a lower level area to increase your skill while getting useful (but old) mats.

Zakuul is 500 and was getting archeology items there.

At 580, Zakuul went gray. So I thought find, I'll just go find 550, that should get me to 600. So I went to Ossus, which is 550.

Gray.

So for my last 20 points, I'm on Onderon getting crap, unless there's another 600+ planet I can get crap on.

Edited by xordevoreaux

I discovered the grey issue, too. It appears that with 600-700, the open world harvesting nodes are not sufficient to get you all the way to 700. I too capped at 680 this way and had to run archaeology missions to get to 700.

That is normal. Last expansion it was the same for Gathering skills. Had to send out companions for the last 20 or so points.