People leaving wz is now out of control.

Jargonaut

Solution?

1.increse number of premades to 8.

2.learn to play objectives to win .

IT is just stupid that you have to play 80% wz with random idiots who are running after tanks trying to kill them insted of focusing on objectives.

More and more people hitting valor 60.You dont care about valor than, you dont care about wc , all you care is to win 3 damn games and get daily bag.It wont change.

Edited by Szin

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These selfish people with endless reasons for dropping WZ's kill the game.

The amount of WZ's that are decided by

• people leaving
  • starting short handed
  • playing with/against 12 people

is growing. Easy fixes need to be implemented. These people who whine about premades, better gear, playing with bads and not liking a WZ are total hypocrites. They don't like losing so instead they force their 7 teammates to lose.

Selfish

Selfish

Selfish

The people who say they will AFK rather than play a WZ they don't like remind me of 3 year old children.

Edited by richardya

Haha, I am sure Bioware will fix that as well.

Enjoy your afk at the fleet when your deserter buff is up.

Just like other MMO's fixed it.. You can not fix people AFKing. There will always be a way to AFK.

And last thing.. You sure have a lot of confidence in a company that brought out a Beta version of a game.

Edited by nophere

Just like other MMO's fixed it.. You can not fix people AFKing. There will always be a way to AFK.

And last thing.. You sure have a lot of confidence in a company that brought out a Beta version of a game.

Um.... huh?

I dare you try to go afk on my server, that little trick don't work long before your dead.

Your excuses are really making me laugh though, it's like your threatening Bioware that you will go afk if you can't abuse the fact you want to leave Warzones when you want.

Or better yet your threatening anyone that makes the point that your selfish and that you will go afk if Bioware puts a deserter buff in.

LAWL on you son, the LAWL is on you.

True, which is why a decent game log that can be monitored by GMs is needed. It isn't perfect, but I have seen it work.

You report someone as being AFK in a warzone, and if that person is reported "enough times" by "enough people" it warrants a validation by the GM. Example, Joe is reported twice by 3 people from 2 warzones. While we had no clue what the threshold was, we did get emails back from the CMs stating that Joe was suspended whenever we submitted a successful petition.

In one MMO, one report by one person was considered sufficient to trigger validation by a GM, which could result in a warning. That warning was logged in the account. Subsequent warnings led to account suspensions (typically 3 day). Worst case, it was permanent suspension.

Um.... huh?

I dare you try to go afk on my server, that little trick don't work long before your dead.

Your excuses are really making me laugh though, it's like your threatening Bioware that you will go afk if you can't abuse the fact you want to leave Warzones when you want.

Or better yet your threatening anyone that makes the point that your selfish and that you will go afk if Bioware puts a deserter buff in.

LAWL on you son, the LAWL is on you.

Its funny I am ON your server.

Your reading comprehension really needs work. In what post did I state *I* would go afk? I was pointing out it would become a problem. I really can not believe I had to explain something so painfully obvious but I guess simple minds need explanations.

i vote 30 minutes, and /signed.

So you'd rather they stayed and contributed nothing? I can just see the WZ chat (which is already very pleasant =/ ). I'd rather the penalty was exceedingly mild and that they simply left.

Fact: PvP while undergeared is very unpleasant. Fact 2: People queue to get their daily done. The combination of the two creates the environment you are decrying.

I agree that something needs to be fixed. I just disagree that an extremely punitive debuff will help at all. It will simply result in people "virtually afking" (i.e. throwing out the occasional buff/debuff/heal/damage) and bunny hopping around either spewing venom or taking it. None of which is conducive to enjoyable PvP.

ofc it dont help getting into a pvp fight and you are 3-0 down huttball , or few minutes left to get voidstar-civil war map won, finding myself put in games that are totally lost on entry is making it more frustrating , so that imo adds to the problem with people leaving

Make it 15 min quitter debuff, add currency for completinig warzones that convert into gear tokens that are useful to the players valor rank. add a minimum contribution per minute spent in the warzone dps/heal/prot wise as a requirement for recieving the currency to deal with afkers.

Now that I think about it warhammer already solved this problem with contrubution scores, another thing the devs here failed to take note of even though they have war devs on board. Did they learn nothing?

Edited by Jargonaut

They can put whatever penalty in place they want. Until they give me the option to NOT have to play huttball, i'll keep leaving. People probably wouldn't leave as much if they had an option to actually play what they want to play, instead of being forced to play wzs they absolutely hate.

One of the biggest mistakes in this game, is that no real options are provided. They have tried their best to funnel everyone into all games, and not every enjoys all games.

The change to bags was also a piss poor idea. Now people are getting pvp eq so easily its just armor to use to go get raid armor. Pvp sucks. So far any attempts to improve it have been failures. Any exploits to valor or anything else, have been ignored.

This game isn't getting better, its getting worse. They plan on "a major patch in March"...who cares? GW2 will be in open beta or released by the time they make any attempt to fix anything. I have no intention on continuing my sub in the face of the release of a better game, with no sub.

SWTOR is slowly dropping from being any form of mmo, to being a single player game that you can invite friends into. I guess they only plan on surviving off the single player base. I'll run out my time, and then i'm gone. There really isn't anything that can be done to improve this mess enough for me to continue subbing.

Once Bioware implements win/loss ratio scorekeeping for battlegrounds, counting a leaver's leaving (or possibly a legit player's dc'ing) as a loss, for all time, is the natural way to curb this. Those who quit a losing round are weak people and are intolerant of loss.

That is a LIE.

You obviously play Imperial side where you have 8 to 2 in Huttball.

Do you expect me to attempt to jump down and get the Huttball to the goal?

The reason for the problem is the imbalance and the crazy difference in gear imbalance.

A point I forgot to post, they should increase the amount of valor per kill that is awarded at the end so that people who leave are giving up something more significant. Also, add the valor received notification that you get when you kill something in ilum so that people know that they actually get something, but be sure to not actually apply it to the character until the wz ends. Edited by Jargonaut

If there was a penalty we'd see a lot more afkers. I almost never see afkers and people who leave are often replaced with better players. If you're not getting replacements then the problem is they need X-server WZ's.

Stop whining about something that isn't actually a problem.

If there was a penalty we'd see a lot more afkers. I almost never see afkers and people who leave are often replaced with better players. If you're not getting replacements then the problem is they need X-server WZ's.

Stop whining about something that isn't actually a problem.

Replaced by someone who shouldn't have gotten dumped into a losing warzone.

Or another thing that will cub so many people leaving. Listen to the intro for hutt ball. Teams picked at random. RANDOM. Disable the ability to pre-made in hutt ball. Many....MANY people you talk to that leave huttball at least are leaving because they are tried of facing the same sets of premades (even if only 4 at a time can get in all though have seen 8 from the same guild on the same side 2 or 3 times in one night). Remove premades from Huttball and you will see less people leaving instead of getting pwned by premade groups. Plain and simple. Its like you get in game and hope you end up on the right premade side and not against them other wise going to be a farm fest 6 to 0 game that isn't worth sticking around in. So you leave and queue up again while the premades are in a match to try and get away from them. Rarely works but sometimes when you are solo queuing and have gone 1 win in 10+ matches you luck out and manage to get on the premade side and get at least 1 win towards the daily. Make Huttball Solo queue only. Edited by Datku

The "I cant stand to lose" quitters are punishing themselves. Even when you lose a WZ you still get Valor and WZ points. When you quit before the match is over, you get nothing.

There's a player on my server and faction who quits everytime within 3 minutes unless it's a obvious win on our part. He's been doing WZs as long as I have and he's still only in the 20s on Valor. He's penalizing himself for being a QQing quitter.

Edited by ReddNekk

Damn I just left one. No healer!

Just left another. Half the people are idiots.

Well here is 3 fails in a row. Some ppl just shouldn't even try to PVP.

OMG! Four in a row that I got to leave and they couldn't even follow my nice typed out instructions. (Because none of them read or perhaps can read what I typed.)

Had I not left those 4 early on I would have wasted a full hour trying to complete my daily. Leaving those 4 only costed me 20 minutes.

Oh ya this 5th group has a healer and really knows what they are doing. I will stay. WIN!!!! So only took me 35min to get my daily win instead of over 1hr with leaving 4 times. Doesn't seem like a bad plan.

We need a penalty put into place soon!

Or another thing that will cub so many people leaving. Listen to the intro for hutt ball. Teams picked at random. RANDOM. Disable the ability to pre-made in hutt ball. Many....MANY people you talk to that leave huttball at least are leaving because they are tried of facing the same sets of premades (even if only 4 at a time can get in all though have seen 8 from the same guild on the same side 2 or 3 times in one night). Remove premades from Huttball and you will see less people leaving instead of getting pwned by premade groups. Plain and simple. Its like you get in game and hope you end up on the right premade side and not against them other wise going to be a farm fest 6 to 0 game that isn't worth sticking around in. So you leave and queue up again while the premades are in a match to try and get away from them. Rarely works but sometimes when you are solo queuing and have gone 1 win in 10+ matches you luck out and manage to get on the premade side and get at least 1 win towards the daily.

And that's a big problem right there, the pre-mades. A PuG has next to no chance of beating them and more and more ofton, at least on my server, that's what we end up going against. Hell, I consider the 3 win "daily" to be more of a weekly because it ofton takes that long to get 3 wins because of the pre-made squads.

I'd like to see a queueing system where if you queue solo everyone on both sides in the next WZ also queued solo and those who queued as a group were pitted against another group in that WZ.

-People play PVP to complete the dailies.

-Dailies are only completed by winning.

-Gear awarded from daily PVP bags can be harvested for mods/enhancements.

-Losing awards nothing.

You're a game designer and you wonder why people quit at the first sign of losing?

Who invented this garbage?

This. The game's PVP reward system -is flipping horrible-. There is no incentive to stay in a match you are losing, ESPECIALLY if you're getting farmed.

Might as well leave and hope it douches over the opposing team's win count.

-People play PVP to complete the dailies.

-Dailies are only completed by winning.

-Gear awarded from daily PVP bags can be harvested for mods/enhancements.

-Losing awards nothing.

You're a game designer and you wonder why people quit at the first sign of losing?

Who invented this garbage?

This one hits the nail. They have removed any incentive to actually play a game that is even slightly looking like a loss, which of course becomes worse at BM when warzone comms are basically meaningless.

A lockout timer only cures a symptom of the problem, the problem is how the system is designed so far as rewards are concerned. Less emphasis on winning and more emphasis on playing the game would fix the problem without the need for a lockout (though I still think one should be implemented).

Something even along the lines of class/role oriented dailies, such as "Tank: provide 300,000 protection points and defer 50,000 dmg with taunt", or a healer "Heal for 750,000 total points". Incomplete games would award no points towards the goal. Or award points for objectives (10,000 total objective points) or similar. After writing these I actually like them more since they promote not only game play, but team play. These are all off the top of my head, so feel free to flame, etc, I don't care nor will I read replies anyway.

These also reward those who have taken the time to gear up through warzones. The more you play, they easier the dailies become. Of course if that's an issue then Battlemaster dailies could be implemented. Dailes could even be valor level dependent, new levels unlocking more options, etc. etc.

The system is very black and white atm. It really needs to be more dynamic, in almost all aspects. The pvp in this game is obviously an afterthought and I'd be surprised if any type of pvp system remodel would happen. It would be a lot of work and it would be admitting they screwed up badly.

What I'm saying is the objective of winning a game is the fallacy in the system, penalizing players for leaving doesn't fix the problem, only covers it up.

Edited by PandaVello

I don't believe in a lockout timer for quitting.

I believe the penalty needs to be a scaling valor loss, where quitting once every <insert reasonable time here> doesn't penalize you but the more quits within a certain time frame the higher the valor loss per quit and if you go below 60 valor your Battle-master gear gets unequipped. I'd prefer it if the Battle-master gear was destroyed but that may be a bit extreme for some and I may just be a bit mad at the quitters.